You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, May 31st 2021, 9:31am

Kingdom of Greece News 1950

Gazeta Rajonale (Perifereiakí Efimerída) 1 January 1950

The camorra branch in Vlore was raided by a unknown group. The raid focused on the home of Vollaro, the leader of the local camorra, who, until this moment, avoided any repercussion for his crimes.
The assault happened at the Christmas procession of the city. The assailants hide themselves inside of it using clerical robes. As they passed by the hotel in which Vollaro resided the man entered by force and made their way through the mafia refuge and killed the criminal. The identity of any of the raiders has not yet been discovered and there is many theories. Is possible that the Albanian community has had enough of Vollaro and decided to take the matter in their own hands, as the Italian authorities ignored and even participated on the crimes of Vollaro.

The assault happened at the Christmas procession of the city. The assaultants hide themself inside of it using clerical robes. As they passed by the hotel in which Vollaro resided the man entered by force and made their way through the mafia refuge and killed the criminal. The identity of any of the raiders has not yet been discovered and there is many theories. Is possible that the albanian community has had enough of Vollaro and decided to take the matter in their own hads, as the italian authorities ignored and even participated on the crimes of Vollaro.

Vlöre 6 January 1950

Plessas sat down as Dobroshi brought a bottle of wine from the kitchen. The travel to there wasn't too long and library wasn't hard to found, not that there were too many in Vlore, yet he was tired, preparation for the mission keep him awake for the last week.

"Where is the truck?" the albanian was impenitent, he had no experience or training and probably had expended the last month look over his shoulder.
"On it's way here. I left it behind at the aduana"
"Unguarded? What if the Italians don't let it pass?" the librarian poured a glass of wine to the very top before drinking from it. Plessas could tell that he had been drinking before.
"You are nervous for nothing. Everything in there is legal anyway. They are not going to suspect of a bunch of books and vinyls."
"I hope you are right, other wise this whole trip you did will be for nothing."
"Don't be pessimistic. Once the books are here you can start to do your part"
"I am already on it. There isn't to many newspapers and magazines here, at least not with production over here, but I have friends that are interested. They are willing to add a few pages of propaganda, if it isn't to compromising."
"It shouldn't, we are careful. Which are the magazines, we will have to adapt the content. "
"Gazeta e Vlöre and the Bashkësia" he said from the kitchen.
Plessas expected Dobreshi to handle him issues of the magazines, but he didn't. Instead keep drinking and tapping the table with his fingers
"Very well. I will have to be quick, you too, we may don't have much more than a month."
“What do you mean with that? What is even the point of this if we don't have the time? This could take years, if we don’t have the time is better to abort now that nothing has been risked.”
“Don't worry about time, it will be worth it, a month will be enough”
“What? There is something else you haven't told me about?"
“Of course not, I just have faith that a month of this will be enough to make it work, after that the radio station will pick up”

Monday, May 31st 2021, 1:28pm

Good to see Greece taking positive moves in its occupied territory.

Tuesday, June 1st 2021, 6:49pm

Indeed, good to see.

Monday, June 21st 2021, 10:31am

Vlöre - 31 of January 1950

The center of the city was quite active. People were going from a business to another, the economy had been more active since Greece and Yugoslavia re-started trade with the city. From the side of the park a couple of carabineros were over watching the citizens.
“Did they already send the modifications?” Dobroshi looked around as if everyone was listening to them.
"Yes, here, have it already" He pass him a bag full of papers and photographs "How is our project in the library going?"
"People is reacting well to the books, but better to the albanian-greek traditional music, there aren't discography of albanian music here so we are the only place to go. And there were some people asking for albanian-greek dictionary, that is good, right?"
"Very good. We will bring you more stock in a few days" Plessas notice a building in the middle of the park "What is that mosque? "
"Oh, that is Muradiye Mosque. Is from the time of the ottomans. Still in use, there is quite a lot of muslims here after all."
"And there is no trouble with it?"
"No, it has been this way for centuries now."

Monday, June 21st 2021, 12:27pm

Excellent developments!

Tuesday, July 13th 2021, 5:49am

Igoumenitsa - 13 February 1950

They had been travelling the whole day and on a low budget but the greeks had offer him a good paid afterwards. The work was also quite simple and familiar, he had done it to death in Bulgaria, although without second intentions. In the back of the car the cameras were thigtly tie to the seats so they didn't bump. In the passenger seat a greek agent played with a reflex.
"Could you not touch that?" Teodosiev was getting more nervous by every the second the camera was on Kontogouris hands."It isn't cheap".
"Sure" he left the camera back in the bag between his legs "Do you have any more questions before we get to Vlöre?"
"Yes, how good is your bulgarian? If you have to pass as my assistant you better have a good one."
"Quite good, my mother was bulgarian, but I may have some accent" said in bulgarian, it did have some accent.
"It will do, from now on talk only on bulgarian." he wasn’t really convinced, so the greek would have to avoid talking at all. “Are you familiarised with my work?"
"Yes, you worked on South Albania during the dictatorship, on the propaganda effort"
"I meant my work on documentaries on bulgaria, but it isn't too different. You know how to use a camera?"
"I have worked with films before, although never a documentary"
"Good. Who is our contact on Vlöre? If you can tell me that."
"You may see him anyways and there is no real reason not to tell you”. Kontogouris shrugged “You worked for him on Albania, Plessas."
"Odd choice"
"There is something wrong with him?"
"Not wrong, it is just that some times he is more motivated than he should, just make sure to keep an eye on him, I don't like over doing."

Gazeta Rajonale (Perifereiakí Efimerída) - 10 February 1950

A new radio station building has been inaugurated today in Sarandë. The building is state owned, but the air time will be rented to private local programs, in a wide range of professional and amateur transmissions, including students of radio and theatre from the National University of Sarandë, that will receive two weekly hours as a gift from the state to allow them to develop their skills.
With the new radio station have come a new network that will bring radio services for several kilometres around to all north west greek territories. This news have been well received in the area, as not only it will bring radio to many areas but also allow for radio on albanian language.