You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, September 10th 2012, 5:23pm

A Short Dash of Life

My fiancée's sister delivered by c-section at 7:51 EST this morning a boy, Amalya Nathaniel, four pounds and nine ounces. Amalya was born with a condition called acrania, and miraculously lived an hour in the presence of his parents, aunts and uncles, grandparents and great-grandparents before passing into the hands of the Lord.

We have known of Amalya's condition since March. It would have been easy to abort the pregnancy, but Amalya's parents determined to spend every moment celebrating their son's short life, naming him Amalya ("Work of the Lord") Nathaniel ("Given by God"). The parents determined not to abort because they would take away Amalya's "dash": the dash separating his time of birth and time of death. Amalya will contribute blood, tissue samples, and organs to researchers looking into acrania. His cadaver has also been donated to a research institute in Texas where the doctors will be able to learn about transplanting bone marrow in infants to keep them alive.

The family - my fiancée Lady L, my future parents-in-law, and all of the rest of the family, has supported Amalya and his parents as they celebrate, and now mourn, Amalya's short dash of life. We all believe that death is not the end, and we will see, and celebrate with him again someday in the presence of our Lord.

Monday, September 10th 2012, 5:45pm

I am deeply sorry for the loss that you and your family now share. Words cannot frame the thoughts and feelings assail you. Take comfort in the sure knowledge that he has gone to a far better place and one day you will be reunited with him.

As the Psalmist wrote, "weeping may last through the night, but joy cometh in the morning."

Monday, September 10th 2012, 9:14pm

A celebration of life, no matter how brief.

It took real strength to do that.

May the memory of the love that surrounded Amalya Nathaniel for his entire life comfort you and your family.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, September 10th 2012, 9:35pm

My condolences

I am deeply sorry to hear about Amalya's fate....

Tuesday, September 11th 2012, 1:39pm

There are few things harder than losing a child. You and your family have my sympathies.

Tuesday, September 11th 2012, 2:23pm

My deep condolences

In such a situation it is very difficult to find the right words. Deeply touched I want to give my condolences.

Tuesday, September 11th 2012, 9:00pm

Sorry to hear that Brock, and I agree, it takes real courage to go through that kind of experience even when you know its coming.