You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, February 28th 2008, 6:57am

The government of Atlantis is open to future meetings to discuss the future of our relations with Poland and the other PRJ nations. Those discussions would also likely revolve around Lithuania as well.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Thursday, February 28th 2008, 7:14am

FM Grootveld : The Netherlands welcomes this announcement by the Polish Government. This should greatly ease matters in Lithuania.

Thursday, February 28th 2008, 7:53am

The Lithuanian Government views the Polish Foreign Office announcement with considerable skepticism, considering past events, but is prepared to give the new Sikorski regime in Poland the benefit of the doubt.

The Lithuanian Government will adopt a diplomatic wait-and-see attitude, and observe whether Poland's future actions towards Lithuania match it's words.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Agent148" (Feb 28th 2008, 7:57am)

Thursday, February 28th 2008, 9:10pm

The two old men were still there sitting on the dock watching a crew of men assemble a large number of crates for shipping.

"Wonder whats in them crates?" one of the old men asked.
"Well whatever's in them, they shore gots a long ways to go." the other old man said
"Why do you say that?" the first old man said
"Are you blind Wes? It clearly states on them there crates TO CHINA?" the second man said.
"Forgot to put my reading glasses on this morning. Whatever are we sending to the Chinamen, then Matt?" Wes replied.
"Crates from the looks of things," Matt replied.
"Well yes I can see that you old goat, but what's in them crates that we're sending to the Chinamen?" Wes replied.
"Dunno, bombs maybe?" Matt replied.
"Bombs, are you off your rocker? I mean who are the Chinamen going to blow up? Each other? No, I say they are guns." Wes declared.
"You are both wrong," A little voice behind them said. "They're planes, I heard Tommy from down the wharf say so."
"Missy, hows my favorite granddaugther," Wes asked grabbing the little girl in a hug.

The characters in this little story are completely made up and are not based on real-life people.

Friday, February 29th 2008, 3:08am

Except me apparently.

Sunday, March 2nd 2008, 8:38am

September 29th

PZL announces today announce a partnership with IAR aircraft in Romania. A spokesperson from PZL, gave this statement to the press.

"Effective January 1st, 1937, PZL and IAR aircraft manufactors will be entering a partnership. The details are that each company will continue to use their current names, as well as their production facilities. However, PZL will be producing bomber designs for the Romanian and Polish air forces, whereas IAR will be producing one fighter design for the Polish and Romanian air forces. Each will continue their design and production of their current projects. However, once these projects have completed their production runs, then PZL will begin using the IAR fighter designs for the Polish air force, and IAR will do the same with the bomber designs for the Romanian airforce. As well, PZL is investing money in the IAR production facilities so that by 1940, they shall be capable of producing half again their current production. In return, IAR shall give PZL their design for the upcoming IAR. 80 for no licence fee, which PZL shall produce alongside the upcoming PZL P.50 for the Polish Air Force. No word on an official order, but Polish officials were apparently very impressed with the Romanian fighter at a secret demonstration on September 1st. "

Sunday, March 2nd 2008, 8:52am

I guess we're going to get Polomania now, wot? ;)

Sunday, March 2nd 2008, 5:49pm

Naw I was going to go with something like this CECPS (Central Europe Co-Prosperity Sphere). :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TheCanadian" (Mar 2nd 2008, 5:49pm)

Sunday, March 2nd 2008, 6:48pm

Gothia Works is most alarmed by this agreement as it fears that trade secrets entrusted to IAR will be leaked to PZL and its partners

Sunday, March 2nd 2008, 9:45pm

IAR releases a statement saying:

Considering we are the ones designing the fighters in question, IAR, sees no reason for secrets to leak out to PZL. To clarify matters, IAR will be in charge of the development of an improved IAR 80 which is a radial engine fighter for the indigious Romanian and Polish market. This fighter which is on the drawing board is tenatively called the IAR 81, which will have increased armament, a more powerful engine, on essentially the same airframe. PZL will also continue development of the PZL P.50, which will develop into a high-flying interceptor, powered by a water cooled engine. What this basically does is allow the two companies to produce the others designs. To allay GW fears, PZL will only be allowed to produce the IAR 80, 81 and improved models of these planes. PZL will not be allowed to produce or even see designs we purchase or are given licence to by other nations, and vice versa.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TheCanadian" (Mar 2nd 2008, 9:55pm)

Sunday, March 2nd 2008, 9:54pm

To Clarify matters:

GW is not worried that designs will be leaked but construction techniques, alloy compositions engine details and so on

Sunday, March 2nd 2008, 9:58pm

Considering both nations currently get their engines mostly from the French aero engine manufactors, and we see that happy relationship continuing, GW should have no reason to worry. Also, construction techniques, and other things will remain at the individual company's discretion, the only things being shared are designs.

Wednesday, March 12th 2008, 8:17pm

October 4th

Top Secret Meeting

Present: General Sikorski, Marshal Rydz-Smigly, Admiral Swirski, Air General Zajac.

General Sikorski: Gentlemen, I have called you all here to give a report each of the three armed forces. Perhaps Marshal Rydz-Smigly could go first?

Marshal Rydz-Smigly: Very well, General, the losses in men from the recent Lithuanian adventure have been made up, although the losses in material will take longer, especially in tanks, and artillery. However, all divisions and brigades should be up to operational strength by mid to late 1936. Regarding new units, the new motorized brigade is now ¾ operational, and has so far been regarded as a success.

General Sikorski: Excellent Marshal, now for the report of the Navy, Admiral Swirski.

Admiral Swirski: Very well, sir we have as of today, 2 old Pre-Dreadnought Battleships of limited value, 2 modern Armoured Cruisers, 1 modern Light Cruiser, 4 modern Destroyers, 6 modern Torpedo Boats, and 6 modern Submarines,for major units. Concerning new units, the construction of the battlecruiser Warzawa is currently halted as she is up for sale. 2 new Torpedo Boats, are near completion.

General Sikorski: And the report from Air General Zajac.

Air General Zajac: General, currently the Polish Air Force is equipped with obsolete planes, in comparison to the new monoplane fighters and bombers coming out in neighbouring countries. However, the new PZL designs should change that, with modern monoplane fighters and bombers appearing within the next two years. The deal that PZL recently signed with IAR should also alleviate some of the obsolescent planes, the new IAR 80 fighter being nearly ready for production.

General Sikorski: Well gentlemen, I have some changes I would like to see implemented.

General Sikorski: First of all, the Army. Regarding their poor performance in the Lithuanian intervention, I would like to see another of the cavalry brigades turned into a motorized division.

Marshal Rydz-Smigly: General, this is most unconventional! I will admit that the motorized brigade has been successful thus far, but you are throwing away 1,000 years of tradition here. Cavalry is still an important factor in modern warfare.

General Sikorski: I will completely agree that cavalry still has some part to play. However, it is no longer a deciding factor in modern warfare. The cavalry does still have some usefulness, in that it takes much less to supply a Cavalry brigade than a motorized brigade, and a cavalry brigade can go where those relying on wheeled or even tracked mobility cannot. However, the fact remains we are too reliant on horse transport. Therefore, I am going to send a military mission out early next year to purchase military equipment suitable for modern war. Tanks, planes, modern artillery, trucks, will be purchased in order to give us some idea as to what other countries have in mind for future land warfare. Our current tank production is insufficient for our needs, especially considering the future Polish Army will look something like this

Pulls out a sheet of paper:

OOC more coming soon.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TheCanadian" (Mar 12th 2008, 9:04pm)

Thursday, March 13th 2008, 7:32am

General Sikorski lays the sheet of paper on the table in front of him. The Chiefs of Staff all gather round to take a look at the figures.

Polish Army By 1940
30 Infantry Divisions
2 Mountain Divisions
6 Cavalry Brigades
3 Motorized Brigades
1 Fast Division
1 Armoured Division(1)
10 Independent Light artillery Battallions
13 Independent Heavy artillery Battallions
17 Independent recon companies
7 Independent Engineer battallions
12 Independent Pontoon companies
5 Independent railroad repairs companies
42 Independent MG AA Companies
4 Independent Lt AA Companies
2 Independent Hv AA Battallions
3 Independent Tank battalions
3 Independent Tank companies

Marshal Rydz-Smigly: General, you have effectively halved my cavalry brigades! Where did my cavalry go?

General Sikorski: Three went to the motorized brigades, two went to the Fast Division, and one became a new motorized brigade, for the new armoured division.

Marshal Rydz-Smigly: General, our current tank production will be quite unable to meet the need of all these requirements, especially considering our designs have very little interchangablitiy.

General Sikorski: That is why we are sending a purchasing mission out to our European neighbours next year to purchase new tanks. Quit smirking over there Admiral wait until you see my plans for the fleet.

(1) The new armoured division will be composed of tanks from the foreign military mission the Poles are going to send next year. It will be composed of 2 Tank Brigades, and 1 Motorized Brigade, with the Motorized Brigade having armoured car, anti-tank, anti-aircraft, and transport elements.

Thursday, March 13th 2008, 1:17pm

OOC: I have a deal in place with Fokker to produce under license the G-1 heavy fighter in Poland starting in 1936 but due to the Lithuanian inconvenience IIRC their government told them to cancel the agreement. You could try to kiss up and made up with the Dutch to try to get that deal back.

Also you should get the 24 7TP tanks (the ones armed with two turrets) in 1935 with a total production of 14 tanks (gun armed with Bofors turrets) per month starting in 1936. In 1937 the number was reduced to 10 per month due to sharing production with the 10TP tank. The 10TP will be only produced in 1937 and they were discontinued after the decision was made that indeed production was suffering. That should give you enough tanks for five 49 tank battalions and spares plus the tanks of the motorized brigades (48 10TP/ 16 per motorized brigade) by the end of 1937.

Hope this info helps.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Mar 14th 2008, 8:55pm)

Friday, March 14th 2008, 5:44am

October 4th

Meeting cont.

Sikorski: Now for the Navy. The strategic and tactical requirements of the Polish Navy are thus: to first of all protect Polands limited coastline, and in event of war to pose as much of a threat to the enemys commerce as our limited resources can permit. Gentlemen, we are currently the weakest major power in the Baltic. Although there is little we can do to change that, considering all but the Lithuanians can outbuild us, our strategy should be to build ships that are individually superior to those of the other Baltic nations. Right now, our future navy is tied up in the sale of the Warzawa. Depending on the conditions of the sale, we should therefore build either a Large Armoured Cruiser, similar to the German Blucher class, except with less range and more speed. Or we can utilize the armament from the second battle cruiser to build a 23000 ton coastal battleship that would be invulnerable to 15 inch shellfire at 15000 yds. Speed and range would not be a priority in the above mentioned battleship, her mission would be to prevent Danzig from coming under fire from the new 15in and 16in battleships coming out in navies. Another alternative is to purchase one of the battleships on the market, and modernize her to current standards in armor, and armament. Speed and range are not much of a priority in a large (capital) ship, because their main duty is to protect our small coastline from shore bombardment by enemy ships.

We also need to concentrate on our light forces, as we are definitely deficient in both light cruisers and submarines, as well as destroyers, torpedo boats, and minesweepers. Although we cannot build the most of these forces, we can certainly try and build better ones than other Baltic nations, able to stand an astonishing amount of punishment. The fact remains, is that in an event of war, we are likely to be outnumbered by two to one or more. We cannot, with our limited shipbuilding facilities began a naval arms race with the other nations that we cannot hope to win, for even tiny Demark, has the capacity to build three ships to our every one. However, our strategy will be to build ships with excellent armour, good armament, good speed, and poor range. The only exception to this rule will be the cruisers, whos mission will be one of commerce raiding.

OOC thanks for the info, perdedor99, I wasn't sure of the status of those heavy fighters, guess I shall have to start kissing up to the Dutch. :D

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Friday, March 14th 2008, 8:49pm

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
OOC: I have a deal in place with Fokker to produce under license the G-1 heavy fighter in Poland starting in 1936 but due to the Lithuanian inconvenience IIRC their government told them to cancel the agreement. You could try to kiss up and made up with the Dutch to try to get that deal back.

That is correct. I believe there was also an order for some production G-1s (30?) which would have been delievered prior to the Lithuanian incident.

The history of India's fostering dissent in the NEI has made the Dutch more than a little sensitive about nations rabble rousing inside the borders of their neighbors.

Consistant with their (current) policy of not selling arms to agressor nations, the Dutch govt. required Fokker to cancel the remainder of the G-1 contract to Poland (i.e. the license building part). The Dutch Govt. also canceled Yugoslavia's G-1 and Lt-35 orders as they were peripherally involved.

Once the Lithuanian issue is fully settled, and the Pole's course of action is clear, the Dutch might be willing to talk.

Belgium on the other hand, is happy to arm any neighbor of the Germans...

Friday, March 14th 2008, 8:51pm

Hmm. I wonder how many of those fighters were delayed and canceled, and if someone could be picking up the contract for "Completed but not delivered"?

Friday, March 14th 2008, 8:52pm

October 4th

Sikorski: The air force, right now is in a pitiful state. Mostly composed of biplane, and gull wing units, we need to modernize our existing planes and fast. The new monoplane designs that PZL has should prove sufficient. However, we are also going to need to purchase foreign planes to augment our current forces. Therefore, gentlemen, we must put our efforts into modernizing the air force. The new monoplanes coming from IAR will begin to replace the PZL P7, currently in service, and the new PZL bomber designs will begin replacing the old Breguets currently in service. The prolonged development of the PZL P.50, means that a modern monoplane fighter to replace the early PZL P11s in service will not be available until 1937 at the earliest. Therefore, we should continue development of the PZL P11 with a more powerful motor (1) to act as an interim fighter until the P50 becomes available.

Later that evening

General Sikorski sighs in relief, and slumped down in his chair. Well, that went better than I thought it would, the General thought. Not too much opposition, and everyone agrees that a modernization of our armed forces is sorely needed. Sikorski looked around at the paper-strewn desk in disgust. Didnt the old Marshal know what a wastebasket was for? He must still have papers here from when he took over after Pilsudski died. Well, nothing to make of it, might as well start cleaning it up. Pulling open the right-hand drawer, the General started going through the papers, sorting one pile into garbage, and one into keep. Just as he was finished cleaning the drawer, and was about to close it he noticed something odd. Why is the drawer bottom an inch thicker than it should be?

(1) The PZL P.24, I am just awaiting the French response to the request for the Gnome-Rhone engine.

Friday, March 14th 2008, 9:00pm

OCC: I made some changes in the info I posted before about tanks to make it easier to understand. Also let me know if anything needs to be changed in the encyclopedia info for the equipment and organization of units. Also try to post the air force organization after July 30th 1935. Some units suffered terrible casualties, especially the units with Bleriots and the older fighters on the eastern side of the country.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Mar 14th 2008, 9:00pm)