You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, September 22nd 2008, 4:11pm

Not sure about Hrolf's problems with the plane, but to me both the Roskilde and the Thiassi are ugly as in my eyes they are too short compared to their height. They look like they got squashed between two mountains. :)

Compared to them, this one looks actually looks much better. :D

(Slightly modified version of the plane found here http://www.warbirds.jp/kakuki/kyosaku/21ki/21th.seiroku.html )

Tuesday, September 23rd 2008, 12:50am

Something like that. They're both too tall for the rest of their dimensions, the Thiassi looking very much like a pregnant guppy to my eyes. :)

Admittedly, though, the things ShinRa's coming up with are also hideous.

Tuesday, September 23rd 2008, 12:56am

Tuesday, September 23rd 2008, 1:27am

I think they look pretty nice.

howard

Unregistered

Tuesday, September 23rd 2008, 5:21am

???????????????????????

Compared to some of the stuff that I trotted out, I don't find that much wrong with CG's aircraft. I might wince a little at the thrust line of his pusher prop fighter but it actually works, when you compare it to some of the comparable German pusher designs' thrust lines. So as long as it could fly, I could care less if it looks like a pregnant Guppy or a whale flapping through the air:

CG's designs actually are aesthetic!

Tuesday, September 23rd 2008, 8:19am

Hmm... let me see what I can offer.

Mexico can build 60 PZL P.50s per year. The TNCA Aguila II will soon be open for export. For transport, Mexico can offer the same plane as was offered to the Siamese:

Australia can offer quite a few aircraft, look here for them:
http://wesworld.jk-clan.de/thread.php?threadid=6209&sid=

Tuesday, September 23rd 2008, 3:40pm

Well, let's see.

Germany: BFW can offer the Bf-109 and Bf-110 aircraft for the fighter and heavy fighter contracts, both available within a year of contract signing. As far as the seaplane request goes, Dornier has the Do-24 currently available, which should serve most purposes that Poland has for a seaplane. No German manufacturers have a real seaplane fighter available, the closest thing would be the Arado Ar-196. As far as transports go, Junkers has a wide array of aircraft available, ranging from the old standby Ju-52/3m (available with wheels or floats) through the new Ju-152 transport currently being completed to the Ju-90 transport.

US: The US really doesn't have any heavy fighters available in summer 1936, though the XP-38 is in testing. Single-engined fighters include the Curtiss P-40 and the new XP-41 and XP-42 fighters. Again, there are no real seaplane fighters available. Consolidated offers the PBY Catalina for the seaplane requirement, and Douglas has the DC-2 and DC-3 available for the transport requirement.

Tuesday, September 23rd 2008, 3:53pm

Bharat offers for the seaplane fighter:

Name: Alleppey Aeronautics Sikara IIa (Hawk)
Type: seaplane fighter
Crew: 1
Max Speed: 250 mph at 13,000 feet
220 mph at sea level
Engine: 1 x AA 200 at 750 hp radial
Range: 640 miles
Armament: 1 x 7.92mm machine guns(Nose), 1 x 15mm machinegun(Nose); 5 30lbs bombs or 2 100lbs bombs.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Thursday, September 25th 2008, 4:43am

2 planes available which may meet the fighter need:

The (Czech) Avia B-135 seems to fall within your fighter specs. Then there is the Belgian Renard R-37.

Fokker-Avia B-135
Avia's B.135 fighter

Specifications (B-135)
General characteristics

Crew: one pilot
Length: 8.50 m (27 ft 11 in)
Wingspan: 10.85 m (35 ft 8 in)
Height: 2.60 m (8 ft 6 in)
Wing area: 17.0 m² (183 ft²)
Empty weight: 2,063 kg (4,548 lb)
Gross weight: 2,547 kg (5,615 lb)
Powerplant: 1 × Avia 12Ycrs, 640 kW (860 hp)
Performance

Maximum speed: 535 km/h (332 mph)
Range: 550 km (340 miles)
Service ceiling: 8,500 m (27,890 ft)
Rate of climb: 13.5 m/s (2,660 ft/min)
Armament

1 × 20 mm MG FF cannon
2 × 7.92 mm wz.30 machine guns

Renard R-37
1934 monoplane fighter
Rough Field
Crew : 1
Powerplant : 1 x 1070hp Gnome-Rhone 14N
Armament : forward 4x7.92mm & 2x 20mm Hispano, radio.
Armor : none
Payload : none
Range : 540nm at 170kts
Rate of climb : 2,397 fpm loaded
Loaded Stall speed : 69 kts
Ceiling : 38,500 ft
Max speed : 299kts (344 mph) loaded
Corner speed : 280kts, 24.2 deg/ sec
Weight (max) : 6,062 lbs
Cost : $28,000
Wing Span: 37.8 ft Length: 27.6 ft. Wing Area: 215 ft2
Wingloading : 28lbs/ft2

Thursday, September 25th 2008, 4:54am

The Avia B-135 is also assembled in Bulgaria for the VNVV. Pretty much a historic deal made slightly sweeter because there are no Nazis foiling it. :)

Friday, October 3rd 2008, 11:36pm

If the Tender Process is still open....

Then DAF Iberia would like to offer this.....

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Commodore Green" (Oct 3rd 2008, 11:39pm)

Saturday, October 4th 2008, 2:36pm

Nice, but I think I'd go for a single tail and fully retractable undercarriage.

What is the STOL mechanism? Slats and double-slotted flaps?

Saturday, October 4th 2008, 2:38pm

I'm a little dubious about the rear ramp, seems a bit early for that, particularly without any wartime experience to push it.

Saturday, October 4th 2008, 5:39pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
I'm a little dubious about the rear ramp, seems a bit early for that, particularly without any wartime experience to push it.

Not a ramp, it's the same "Tambour" type door as on the Thiassi (like a roll-top desk)

Saturday, October 4th 2008, 5:49pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral

What is the STOL mechanism? Slats and double-slotted flaps?

She is a developement of the Daedelus, and it was felt that the twin fin arrangement would give better yaw stability.

As a developement of the Deadelus, the fixed undercarraige was retained from that design. The next version will probably have retracts.

Fixed slats (1917ish, Handley Page, aka Slots) and single slotted flaps. The double slotted flap is a 1937 Italian invention (Piaggio?), and will probably be incorporated in the next model, or maybe a bigger version.

I saw her as a support aircraft for Project Tapon and Project Escudo initially, but she will fill all transport roles.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Commodore Green" (Oct 4th 2008, 5:49pm)

Saturday, October 4th 2008, 8:51pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral

Like this??

The retracts would look cleaner, but I still prefer the twin fins though.

Thursday, October 9th 2008, 7:49am

Meeting Continued:

Sikorski: Well, General Zajac, we should be able to accomadate those orders. Is there anything else?

Zajac: Yes, General, the Air Ministry has ordered PZL to look into developing a multi-purpose fighter (1), an improved intercepter (2), based on the P.50, a twin-engine fighter-bomber, (3) an improved medium bomber (4) and dive bomber (5) designs. As well, our partners in IAR, are developing a high speed intercepter (6) and improved IAR 80 (7). Although we hoped that IAR would be able to develop the fighter designs, they do not have the design capability to do everything. As well, we would like to look into expanding our aircraft production facilities so we are not forced to rely on foreign orders to modernize our air force again.

Sikorski: Thank you Zajac. We should be able to accomodate the expansions in 1938. Do send in Rydz-Smigly.

(1) PZL P.45
(2) PZL P.53
(3) PZL P.48
(4) PZL P.38
(5) PZL P.46
(6) PZL P.62
(7) IAR 81

Thursday, October 16th 2008, 8:32pm

Meeting Continued

Sikorski: Good afternoon Marshal, tell me what is the state of the Army?

Rydz-Smigly: Well General, the Army has not really changed much since we last talked. The new motorized brigade has finished its training with the new vehicles. The Fast Division is also near completion. Regarding weaponry, we are looking into a rifle designed around the 7mm x 30 round, which should give superior firepower. As well, the new 7TPA tank has begun production.

Sikorski: Excellent, we need to look into purchasing more tanks from abroad, however that may have to wait until 1938 when we have the funds available.
As well, we should look into reorganizing the Army soon as well. Now, do send in Admiral Swirski with the naval report.

Swirski: Well, General we have commenced construction on a series of large destroyers, as well as our first designed submarines. We have also purchased an old Italian Battleship, and have recieved a Coast Defence Ship as part of our deal to sell the Battlecruiser to the Philippines. We will have to eventualy modernize the Battleship, but first we must build up our destroyer/submarine force.

Sikorski: Excellent, continue the small ship program as planned. Larger ships can wait until it is completed.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "TheCanadian" (Nov 5th 2008, 2:40am)

Saturday, November 8th 2008, 3:46am

Catching up on the news:

July 01

The two large destroyers, the Pilsudski and the Wladyslaw IV Vasa were launched today, amid great fanfare. These Destroyers, will form the backbone of the Polish Fleet. In other Naval news, the 5 of the recently purchased MTB's have also joined the Fleet today, and will form the 1st MTB Squadron. Admiral Swiriski, Head of the Polish Fleet is quite pleased with these little boats, and apparently wants to order more from the Italians once the current order is completed. The Kurtzeba has also joined the fleet recently, and will form part of the 1st Battle Squadron once the new Battleship the Warsawa returns from the Romanian Maneuvers.

July 28th
The Polish Squadron, has returned from its participation in the Romanian Maneuvers, with stops at Taranto, Algiers, Bordeaux, and Wilhelmshaven. Vice-Admiral Jan Panzlowski comments on their participation, saying "I am very proud of the conduct our sailors performed in the maneuvers. The maneuvers were a sucess, because it allowed us experience in coordinating ships of different nationalities and languages, something we have not yet experienced. As well, it justified the torpedo as a valuable tool in small, confined areas, such as our area of operations, the Baltic Sea."

August 7th
The coronation of King Andre Poniatowski occured today at Krakow Cathedral. In his coronation speech, the King promised that improved relations with the FAR alliance, which have deteriated of late due to the Polish intervention, as well as continued good relations with Germany/Nordmark are to be a hallmark of his reign. However he did mention: "Although good relations with our more powerful neighbours are important, at the same time we must send a powerful message that should Teuton and Slav, French and English once again grapple for domination of Europe, then we Poles want no part in it. In the upcoming war which due to the past animosity of the nations involved is bound to occur, then we Poles must arm ourselves to the utmost of our capability to discourage others from seeing our nation as a mere roadway to their opponent. Poland got caught between three expansionist powers in the eighteenth century, and due to her weakness, paid a price for it. Germany's recent interest in the Sudeten territories, and Russia's near annexation of Lithuania is pure proof that both powers are once again expansionist at the expense of their neighbours as happened 150 years ago. However, this time, they won't find a weak Poland to divide up!"
After the coronation, the new King went to greet visiting dignitaries, including Tsar Boris of Bulgaria, and King Carol II of Romania.

August 16th
The Royal Train has left Warsaw today, bound for the port of Danzig, where King Andre, General Sikorski, and Foreign Minister Beck will depart on the Armoured Cruisers Bialty Lew and Zloty Lew for the coronation of Queen Bethanie of Coldmere.

August 29th
Admiral Swiriski has ordered a reorganization of the Polish Navy into different squadrons. In a press conference, Admiral Swiriski commented: "with our fleet growing larger, we must have some form of organization in so that our fleet is more organized and effective in wartime."

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "TheCanadian" (Dec 14th 2008, 9:37pm)

Saturday, November 8th 2008, 10:48am

Quoted

Originally posted by TheCanadian

August 7th
The coronation of King Andre Poniatowski occured today at Krakow Cathedral. In his coronation speech, the King promised that improved relations with the FAR alliance, which have deteriated of late due to the Polish intervention, as well as continued good relations with Germany/Nordmark are to be a hallmark of his reign. However he did mention: "Although good relations with our more powerful neighbours are important, at the same time we must send a powerful message that should Teuton and Slav, French and English once again grapple for domination of Europe, then we Poles want no part in it. In the upcoming war which due to the past animosity of the nations involved is bound to occur, then we Poles must arm ourselves to the utmost of our capability to discourage others from seeing our nation as a mere roadway to their opponent. Poland got caught between three expansionist powers in the eighteenth century, and due to her weakness, paid a price for it. Germany's recent interest in the Sudeten territories, and Russia's near annexation of Lithuania is pure proof that both powers are once again expansionist at the expense of their neighbours as happened 150 years ago. However, this time, they won't find a weak Poland to divide up!"
After the coronation, the new King went to greet visiting dignitaries, including Tsar Boris of Bulgaria, and King Carol II of Romania.

Leaders in Germany merely smile at this, remembering that Poland has it's own issues with the Czech borders, issues that involved more expenditure of ammunition (at least so far) than the Sudetenland issue has.