You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, March 26th 2008, 5:09am

Probably still cheaper than building new. You can most likely get her for a song. :P

Agreed... sad end for a proud lady... :(

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Wednesday, March 26th 2008, 5:34am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
You can most likely get her for a song. :P

Which one?

"I've got that sinking feeling.." ?
"Queen Anne's Revenge" ?

Or the hit 1934 tune :

"On the good ship Lollipop " ?

Wednesday, March 26th 2008, 5:51am

Some could look at it as a poor end...
Some could look at it as opportunity.

Siam chooses the latter, and would like to inquire as to how much it would cost to purchase the remaining weaponry from the damaged vessel should it be scrapped.

Would 1000t be sufficient to purchase the weapons, including main guns with turrets intact?
This is more than double what the weapons would fetch as scrap.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Carthaginian" (Mar 26th 2008, 5:51am)

Wednesday, March 26th 2008, 5:58am

Woohoo!!! Revenge for sinking the Brazilian Samals! :evil:

Now someone, please sink the Konings before Peru has a chance to get them.

Wednesday, March 26th 2008, 6:17am

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
Woohoo!!! Revenge for sinking the Brazilian Samals! :evil:

The SAE temperarily sank them, it will cost a small fortune to raise and repair them and it will take some time as well. Atlantis isn't crying a river about it.

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
Now someone, please sink the Konings before Peru has a chance to get them.

I seriously doubt Peru can afford to pruchase an additional two elderly BB's AND build a new ship in India. I already have my doubts about them feilding 2 elderly BB's and even thinking about purchasing a new ship unless its to replace the older ones.

Given the land army their raising they would be very hard pressed to find the manpower for a top heavy navy.

Wednesday, March 26th 2008, 6:26am

Quoted

Originally posted by Carthaginian
Some could look at it as a poor end...
Some could look at it as opportunity.

Siam chooses the latter, and would like to inquire as to how much it would cost to purchase the remaining weaponry from the damaged vessel should it be scrapped.

Would 1000t be sufficient to purchase the weapons, including main guns with turrets intact?
This is more than double what the weapons would fetch as scrap.

As I recall, from previous news we already know the Hertog's weapons were stripped for some newer SAE ships.

Wednesday, March 26th 2008, 6:34am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
As I recall, from previous news we already know the Hertog's weapons were stripped for some newer SAE ships.

Musta missed that one... sorry.

Wednesday, March 26th 2008, 7:17am

Well I calculated it out, and interestingly enough to purchase both at scrap value and then repair both of them runs close to 26000 tons, not bad. Poland was thinking about purchasing them, however the only drydock that will fit these two currently has a BC sitting in it.

Romania is interested in one as well, to counter the new Bulgarian heavy cruiser coming near the end of the decade as well as the Russian heavy cruisers. However these ships won't fit in the largest Romanian drydock (type 2).

Wednesday, March 26th 2008, 8:06am

Quoted

Originally posted by TheCanadian
Romania is interested in one as well, to counter the new Bulgarian heavy cruiser coming near the end of the decade as well as the Russian heavy cruisers. However these ships won't fit in the largest Romanian drydock (type 2).

Success! I have caused the Romanians to react to my red herring! Just wait until they try to figure out how Bulgaria got their hands on the Iowa...

And you were thinking Poland had pipe dreams...

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Wednesday, March 26th 2008, 8:24am

Iowa ?
But she was sunk 12 years ago. It would be prohibitively expensive to raise & repair her, even then she'd be obsolete.

I briefly looked at the Hertogs, they would make good stable mates for the Zeven Provinciens and be fairly viable in island combat ranges.

As I recall the real problem with the Hertogs is not the damage, or the purchase price, but adding in the cost of the 25% refit every 15 years, I believe they are near due.

Wednesday, March 26th 2008, 8:26am

Did I forget to mention the 2 Yamato BB's Polomania will be building once the support ships are done? Go get an Iowa, I've got bigger ones coming down the pipe.

Wednesday, March 26th 2008, 8:26am

Maybe I'll just have to put together stats for Ersatz Varna to accompany Ersatz Sofia/Sofia II... :D

Wednesday, March 26th 2008, 8:33am

Polomania Naval Construction Director:

"Now where did I put those plans for the 80,000 ton 9 20in Battleship? :D We're going to blow Bulgaria into smitherees! :D

The refit cost was what put me off so far as Poland is concerned, so Im going to buy something else.

Wednesday, March 26th 2008, 8:48am

Quoted

Originally posted by TheCanadian
Polomania Naval Construction Director:

"Now where did I put those plans for the 80,000 ton 9 20in Battleship? :D We're going to blow Bulgaria into smitherees! :D

The refit cost was what put me off so far as Poland is concerned, so Im going to buy something else.

Extract from Wikipedia:
"Like most of the Bulgarian and Turkish pilots involved in the brief 1938 war, famed Bulgarian Spitfire ace Lidiya Ivanova, flying Yellow Ten, racked up an impressive score. Fifty-nine aircraft eventually fell to Ms. Ivanova's superb aerial gunnery skills. Illustrated is a drawing of Yellow Ten as it was on May 31st, 1938, when she engaged in a duel with Romania's two top-scoring aces from the Russian front, Constantine Cantacuzino, and Alexandre Serbanescu, who became her eighteenth and nineteenth aerial kills. As she later commented "Was not like fighting ace, was like hunting mouse with machine-pistol. Flak balloons are more challenging, da? No surprise to me that Romania loses war."

[SIZE=1]You give some flak, expect to receive it back![/SIZE] :D ;)

Apologies for the threadjacking. We now return you to your regularly-scheduled A,B/SAE war, already in progress.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Brockpaine" (Mar 26th 2008, 8:52am)