You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 5:43am

Well, if we can't vote for ourselves, the US would vote for Germany. The meeting could be seen as welcoming Germany back to the international community.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 9:10am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
Whats the tally of votes?

I'd assume Nordmark under Hoomans control would have the same vote as the SAE, so Hoo's vote would count for both.

No, Nordmark stays neutral.

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 10:09am

Italy's good for Denmark. Castles just look more imposing.

Thursday, July 7th 2005, 2:54am

About halfway

6 out of 13 votes have been cast.

Remaining nations that have not voted:

France
Russia
Netherlands
Greece
United Kingdom
Japan
India (has stated that it has no preference at this time)

Sunday, July 10th 2005, 5:21pm

Shall we close the vote at the end of today, plus one hour? (roughly 7 and a half hours from the time this was originally posted)

At the moment only 6 Treaty Nations have cast votes, and Denmark is currently ahead at the polls with 50% of the vote.

No votes have been counted from the following nations:

France
Russia
Netherlands
Greece
United Kingdom
Japan

July 10, 8:13 pm GMT (correction, one abstention)

Sunday, July 10th 2005, 9:03pm

I can see why Swampy might want to post, but I'd prefer that we otherwise hold off until we've got the Iberian/Danish situation sorted out.

India did cast its vote: it didn't care.

Sunday, July 10th 2005, 9:58pm

Unfortunately I have to agree with Rocky. Lets give it some more time.

Monday, July 11th 2005, 1:09am

Then we'll hold up the post election party until some other time.

Friday, July 15th 2005, 1:29am

Quoted

But you forget all those new "Rofix" fighters, 1 man versus the 6 squadrons based in the Copenhagen area!

Correction: 1 Colonel Manzo in a Kaguya fighter versus the 6 squadrons of "Rofix" fighters.

Mitsubishi J.1F Kaguya
:-)
If you want something Manzo-proof, you'd better let those who deal with him every day handle it.

Friday, July 15th 2005, 2:27am

*thinks of Manzo in jet - decides not to make backup of self before testing gravy gun*

:-)

Friday, July 15th 2005, 2:59am

Greece has no preference.

Friday, July 15th 2005, 3:01am

This is like 15 people standing on the street corner trying to decide on a restaurant.

Friday, July 15th 2005, 3:13am

Quoted

This is like 15 people standing on the street corner trying to decide on a restaurant.

Shouldn't be too hard when there's only one (Yakuza owned) restaurant in town. :-)

Friday, July 15th 2005, 3:59am

Well so far Denmark is winning, if Mac has to much on the go we can go to the next in line for most votes.

Quoted

If Greece posted a vote it would make things a little more clearcut, the more votes the sooner we can tell where the group preferance is.

Friday, July 15th 2005, 4:41am

Umm...unless we're going with some Silver Crescent-esque format, with a "chair" - which I recommend against, having seen it in action - I fail to see how Mac would incur additional work by hosting.

In fact, having Denmark host almost guarantees there is less work, because Manzo will be sure to crash somewhere else.

Friday, July 15th 2005, 5:38am

Quoted

If Greece posted a vote it would make things a little more clearcut, the more votes the sooner we can tell where the group preferance is.

Denmark then.

Cheers,

Friday, July 15th 2005, 5:58am

Location for treaty talks - number of votes for already.

Denmark - 4
USA - 2
SAE - 0
Philippines - 0
Australia - 0
Atlantis - 0
Germany - 1
Abstain - 2

4 known votes left to be placed.
(plus 3 more if the non-signers that wish entry have a vote)

No votes have been counted from the following nations:

France
Russia
Netherlands
United Kingdom

Updated July 19, 2005 at 5:47 a.m. GMT

Friday, July 15th 2005, 5:07pm

Quoted

In fact, having Denmark host almost guarantees there is less work, because Manzo will be sure to crash somewhere else.

Ouchh!!!!

Could someone vote for Oz? I have a bad feeling about this.

Friday, July 15th 2005, 7:57pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Ithekro
5 known votes left to be placed.
(plus 3 more if the non-signers that wish entry have a vote)

Doesn't seem right for a non signitory to vote, but as you ask....HOME!

Monday, July 18th 2005, 2:30pm

Since we've been talking about this in other threads,

Quoted

In view of possible technica and scientific developments, Atlantis, after consultation with the other Contracting Powers, shall arrange for a conference of all the Contracting Powers which shall convene as soon as possible after the expiration of eight years from the coming into force of the present Treaty to consider what changes, if any, in the Treaty may be necessary to meet such developments.

My interpretation of this article of the Cleito Treaty is that such talks will not take place until after 1 January 1929, as the Cleito Treaty came into force on 1 January 1921.

One could also interpret it as meaning Atlantis will host, but I see no reason they can't arrange for the conference to take place somewhere else.

I recognize that while we have catch-up to do with Denmark and Iberia, we also have folks impatient to move into 1928. I would recommed that we start Q1/28 on the weekend, giving folks a few days to finish off their 1927 news. We can then drag out the quarter a bit if we need to.

Fundamentally, though, we're probably two months of real-time away from any treaty talks.