You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, July 6th 2013, 1:25pm

Iberia? What the....well, I see what you mean, I was too quick on that one.

Anyway, this map shows the area of operations for Chosens submarines. Declared rules of engagement are still active and I wont engage or intercept any ship which is not sailing under Chinese flag.
I just advise any neutral nation that movement in this area can be dangerous if no measures of precaution are taken. I would strongly recommend that neutral nations follow the British example and fit their vessels with additional and obvious markings so an identification is easily possible at any time.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Daidalos" (Jul 6th 2013, 2:38pm)

Saturday, July 6th 2013, 1:29pm

A war zone whose westward limit was somewhere around western Formosa would exclude Hong Kong and San Hainando; while not wholly interdicting Chinese trade, it would certainly reduce the odds of impacting neutral shipping...

Let me note my official disappointment that this is happening six months in the past, given that many of us are posting January 1944 news. Our ability to get involved or react is very limited.

Saturday, July 6th 2013, 1:48pm

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor
A war zone whose westward limit was somewhere around western Formosa would exclude Hong Kong and San Hainando; while not wholly interdicting Chinese trade, it would certainly reduce the odds of impacting neutral shipping...

Let me note my official disappointment that this is happening six months in the past, given that many of us are posting January 1944 news. Our ability to get involved or react is very limited.

Hear, hear! On both counts.

Saturday, July 6th 2013, 1:55pm

I can understand your disappointment, but how should I have done it then? If I had reached 1944 probably the other nations would have already moved to 1945. Parador and I could have informed all players and asked to hold at January 1944....

On the other hand I am not too sure if I would like the idea of getting foreign major powers more "involved". I think the fact that wesworld sees so little conflicts, is that players don't want to lose their precious springsharp designs or rearrange their borders. If they had the opportunity to take part in a war they wouldn't want to take any risks and I fear we would see some kind of multinational peacekeeping force on the korean peninsula within weeks (people want the fireworks but they don't want to get burnt)....it is the year 1943 and I want to play it mussolini-style without all the post-coldwar-hypocrisy. For Chosen it's victory or valhalla.

Anyway, I don't see problems with posting 1943 news even if you have posted 1944 news already. There would be the possibilty to edit the 1944 news so they fit....

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Daidalos" (Jul 6th 2013, 5:29pm)

Saturday, July 6th 2013, 3:38pm

Personally, I enjoy watching you play Chosen. Don't get me wrong on that. If you were my neighbour, I'd probably think otherwise, of course.

Remember, the rest of us can't barge into this war. That's the way the sim works. Unless you actually interfere with our "stuff" - sink our ships, interdict our trade, etc. - we can't do anything beyond bluster/scold/mount neutrality patrols in international waters.

And if that's what you want, cool. But if either of you was looking to buy ships from a shady dealer, or make use of their ports for raiders, or whatever - it would be hard for many of us to provide these things retroactively. I've already written an election, a government transition from monarchy to democracy, and two sim reports on the assumption that nothing wacky was going on. That probably includes trading with China without losing merchant shipping.

Anyway - I've said my piece. War away, and I will enjoy the spectacle.

Saturday, July 6th 2013, 4:10pm

Okay, sorry, I maybe got something wrong then.

Concerning the involvement of third countries I wouldn't have a problem with support, shady armament deals or even support with volunteers (like a Legion Condor or something like that) for either side. Though I wouldnt want to turn Chosen into a play- and battleground for european major powers.

But I can assure you that there will be much opportunity for other nations to interfere in one way or another as this conflict is not supposed to be an asian blitzkrieg.
Without spoilering too much I can say that I am pretty sure this war will not be over in January 1944 (assumed that Chosens tank brigades are not rolling through Beijing in the end of July 43).

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 8:10am

Question: That last war plan for Chosens attack - why do you make no use of the fifth Infantray Corps obviously available in the North?

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 12:08pm

5th? The Corps in the far north is the 17th (You can get a fullsize image of the map by clicking on it and then press the small zoom button)

The eastern part of the border with China is rather exposed, only the understrength 8th Army (oofmap) and the 17th IC of the 1st Army are spread out along the border. As soon as the 8th Army is reinforced (mid August) I will relocate the 17th IC to the front if needed.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 8:34pm

Quoted

General Cho Hyang-Soon: "Well, as you can see, there are four Infantry Corps, one Motorized Corps and one Mountain Corps which will take part in the operation.

I see five Infantry Corps on the map. So why don't use the fifth in you attack too?

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 8:43pm

I would assume from what Daidalos is saying that the 17th Corps is being held back in order to support the 8th Army should the Chinese decide to attack that part of the frontline.

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 9:39pm

Exactly.

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 9:41pm

I guess Hoo wants you to commit the 17th to the left wing so the Chinese can crush your right wing before it is properly reinforced. :)

Tuesday, July 16th 2013, 7:07pm

One does not make war on defenseless fishermen. X(

Tuesday, July 16th 2013, 7:11pm

They're very dangerous you know. Just ask the creatures of the sea.

Tuesday, July 16th 2013, 7:13pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
They're very dangerous you know. Just ask the creatures of the sea.

Not according to Charlie the Tuna!
:D

Tuesday, July 16th 2013, 7:20pm

"Charlie Don't Surf!"

Wednesday, July 17th 2013, 10:07am

Well sinking a fisherman isn't exactly war winning stuff. Risking getting caught on the surface in an area of aerial patrols for a fishing smack isn't worth it.

Wednesday, July 17th 2013, 4:34pm

I know, the destroyer wasn't there to sink a fishing boat, but after two weeks without seeing an enemy the crew was anxious to finally shoot and sink something....bad luck for the fishing boat.

Thursday, July 25th 2013, 9:47pm

Hmm.

The propensity for the South African Empire to attempt to play both sides against the middle is well known. It will be interesting if both sides see themselves as benefiting from the arrangement, or which one might retaliate first.

The second question is upon whose flag vessels such cargo is shipped? Inquiring minds wish to know.

8)

Friday, July 26th 2013, 4:10am

Based on this comment Bruce, I would say the South African one.

Quoted

Jong Un: "Indeed, we have to make sure about that but I doubt the Chinese would dare to sink South African freighters. Uhm....Mr. Lee Moon, there is another thing. Concerning the volunteers from Indochina....When can I expect their deployment."