You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, July 26th 2010, 2:14pm

Quoted

Originally posted by BruceDuncan

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
The reason Perderdor was looking at Hungary was that he and I were discussing the possibility of a German-Czech-Hungarian war (probably starts over the Sudetenland, if the Czech government that promised to abide by the Treaty on Minorities falls and is replaced by another less inclined to listen to the outside world). In such a circumstance, Hungary would likely look to take advantage, just as it did OTL.

One of the provisos specified in the vote to nullify the Treaty of Trianon was that Hungary repudiate irridentism and agree to accept its post-Trianon borders. Such a story line would not be consistent with that proviso.

That was not presented in the Bulgarian plea to the League. And the voting was started before Yugoslavia presented this opinion to the League. Trianon was nullified with no strings attached and if so. It will not be the first time a treaty is broken (read Germany and Versailles or Turkey and Sevres)

On the other hand if Hungary agrees and then "helps" Germany in a just war against Czechs, are the weary nations of Europe really go to war with Hungary?

Monday, July 26th 2010, 2:53pm

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
OK. Is that is just is too boring with everyone kissing and making out with their neighbors. Why just not create a League World Government in Geneva, built rockets ships to explore space and close all weapons factories? No reason to built weapons when everyone is in love with their neighbors.

....and its this responce, instead of a simple aknowledgement of the opposition to the request, that helps me make up my mind. I'm with Brock, Bruce and Jason, I'm firmly against these two land locked nations becoming PC's.

Monday, July 26th 2010, 3:07pm

Quoted

That was not presented in the Bulgarian plea to the League.

Yes it was. "His Bulgarian Majesty's government likewise calls on the Hungarian government to reject irredentism as a means of national border realignments."

Right there in black and white. Exact same post, exact same statement.

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
The reason Perderdor was looking at Hungary was that he and I were discussing the possibility of a German-Czech-Hungarian war (probably starts over the Sudetenland, if the Czech government that promised to abide by the Treaty on Minorities falls and is replaced by another less inclined to listen to the outside world). In such a circumstance, Hungary would likely look to take advantage, just as it did OTL.

It's been established for as long as I've been here that Czechoslovakia should be maintained as a 100% neutral NPC so that there are nonaligned NPC sources of military equipment. Ditto Switzerland. That's why we didn't rope the Czechs into the Warsaw Pact at the start.

If we intend to start violating that longstanding policy - then Czechoslovakia just became a founding member of the Warsaw Pact.

Quoted

Originally posted by the Great and Terrible Shin-Ra
The Mods are allowed to have opinions, which is all brock's done thus far; Express his opinion. The Mods tend to be pretty explicit when they're saying or doing something in a Moderator capacity. Otherwise, we're all just players here as far as I'm concerned.

This. When I talk here, it's as a player. If I need to make an admin/moderator statement, I'm going to say "As a moderator, ___." to make it abundantly clear which capacity I'm speaking in.

Monday, July 26th 2010, 9:58pm

Quoted

On the other hand if Hungary agrees and then "helps" Germany in a just war against Czechs, are the weary nations of Europe really go to war with Hungary?

Perdy, you are mistaking war-wearieness for passiveness. Yes, Romania would go to war with Hungary to keep the status quo in Europe, and to keep one of her main sources of armaments in neutral hands. Romania is dedicated to keeping the status quo at least in Europe, and will fight to defend it.

Germany on the other hand may be a bit more difficult to defeat, but the Romanians are confident in the abilities of the Czechs to at least repel them if the Hungarians are busy elsewhere. Oh, and remember Romania was willing when the Sudeten Issue came up to allow Russian troops to cross her borders on their way to Czechslovakia. That position has not changed, although the Russian position may have.

Monday, July 26th 2010, 11:04pm

It hasn't.

Quoted

Oh, and remember Romania was willing when the Sudeten Issue came up to allow Russian troops to cross her borders on their way to Czechslovakia. That position has not changed, although the Russian position may have.

Monday, July 26th 2010, 11:21pm

What would be more realistic for the time period would be for Germany and Russia to take out the Warsaw Pact. That alliance is economic and military competion for both those nations. Shoot, maybe Italy also join the fun to ensure their supremacy in the middle and eastern Med.

Russia already fought Poland once in WW. Poland joiining a new more powerful alliance should be seem as a threat. Of course all this is hypotetical because I'm talking about the expected reaction of real nations. We have a Cold War IOTL because we failed to understand the Soviet's perceived threats after WW2 . Even today Russia is against Ukraine or other former soviet republics joining Nato following the same principle of protection of their borders.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Jul 26th 2010, 11:24pm)

Tuesday, July 27th 2010, 1:16am

Quoted

What would be more realistic for the time period would be for Germany and Russia to take out the Warsaw Pact. That alliance is economic and military competion for both those nations. Shoot, maybe Italy also join the fun to ensure their supremacy in the middle and eastern Med.

Neither Italy nor Germany nor Russia acted in the case of actual OTL treaties in the region - so I'm sorry, I don't think it would be "more realistic".

We are playing the Balkan states, and we're tired of people telling us how we ought to run our countries "more realistically". We've all researched our countries in depth and mutually discussed what we all want to do. Now stop whining about how we're "trying to play 21st-Century politics in the 1930s", please stop telling us how we should war on each other for your personal amusement, and stop telling us how to run our countries. It is No Longer Welcome.

Tuesday, July 27th 2010, 1:18am

I'm.....sorry? Not sure what I've done, besides ask people to calm down, but.....ok.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TexanCowboy" (Jul 27th 2010, 1:22am)

Tuesday, July 27th 2010, 1:20am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Neither Italy nor Germany nor Russia acted in the case of actual OTL treaties in the region - so I'm sorry, I don't think it would be "more realistic".

We are playing the Balkan states, and we're tired of people telling us how we ought to run our countries "more realistically". We've all researched our countries in depth and mutually discussed what we all want to do. Now stop whining about how we're "trying to play 21st-Century politics in the 1930s", please stop telling us how we should war on each other for your personal amusement, and stop telling us how to run our countries. It is No Longer Welcome.

....and on that note I think this discussion can end?, because I think Brock has summed up what I've heard from other players in the region.

Tuesday, July 27th 2010, 1:24am

Wold War 2 never happened? And is true, is your nations and you have the right to run them as you wish but is boring and that is just my opinion. Resolving everything with a smile was not the mind set of the period, that only happened after the threat of atomic war.

India will enter a ten year isolation status in regard to foreign policy. :(

Tuesday, July 27th 2010, 1:26am

Ok now I'm putting my mod hat on. Borring or not we've just had one person request that you stop insisting on what to do as a nation in the region...and then right after you make another comment rather than steping away from the discussion.

Tuesday, July 27th 2010, 1:27am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

....and on that note I think this discussion can end?, because I think Brock has summed up what I've heard from other players in the region.

For me ended a while ago. It was over, no Hungary, so that was it. And I'm done talking about this.

Tuesday, July 27th 2010, 1:29am

Quoted

For me ended a while ago. It was over, no Hungary, so that was it. And I'm done talking about this.

Great, glad to hear it, now as a mod I'm closing this thread to prevent further antagonisation.