You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, June 11th 2006, 10:36pm

Rugby is a bored school boys idea

American 'football' is a terrible clone of Rugby and is played by scardey cats wearing body armour.

Gaelic football is a cross between Rugby and football

Ausie Rules? hmmm wierd mutation of the whole lot

Sunday, June 11th 2006, 11:12pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Earl822
Gaelic football is a cross between Rugby and football

Considering it's older than all the others, how is that possible?

Sunday, June 11th 2006, 11:31pm

In weswold next world cup is in 1934.
Maybe it can start a war in S. America

Sunday, June 11th 2006, 11:47pm

Or stop a war....

Monday, June 12th 2006, 9:34am

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral

Quoted

That's the way I see it as well. That's proper football and in some degree so is its American clone.

The clone version is more like a mutant that has removed all the positive traits and adds inch thick body armour.

Nonsence!!!! A good hard tackle is nice to watch...poetry in motion, or is that pain in motion?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6759620933099471522

Quoted

Originally posted by Earl822
American 'football' is a terrible clone of Rugby and is played by scardey cats wearing body armour.

Have you seen the size of those "scardey cats?!!"

Monday, June 12th 2006, 1:03pm

Quoted

orange Nazi helmets with the slogan "I want my bicycle back" on them/

Quoted

The swamp nazi's are playing? ; )

Monday, June 12th 2006, 2:29pm

Quoted

Nonsence!!!! A good hard tackle is nice to watch...poetry in motion, or is that pain in motion?

I find the entire idea of tackling off the ball to be quite nonsensical.

Monday, June 12th 2006, 5:07pm

Quoted

Rugby is a bored school boys idea

If that's the case, then I'd love to know what kind of dull people invented Soccer.

Quoted

In weswold next world cup is in 1934.
Maybe it can start a war in S. America

Japan will make sure that will happen. :-)

Quoted

Or stop a war....

Japan will makes sure that won't happen. :-)

Monday, June 12th 2006, 5:40pm

Rugby is either a gentleman's game to play rough, or a ruffians game to act like gentlemen. Its a game were if you don't follow the rules exactly a man can die.

Football (as oppose to Soccer/Futbol) is a game of ruffians played in a military fashion. Football is generally considered to be war. Hense the body armor.

Personally I can't stand it, nor many sports. I was always a swimmer so personal achievements for the team where the norm as there is very little teamwork in swimming save for relays.

Rugby seems the most interesting to me of the three contact sports mentioned in this thread, though my knowledge of it is limited and most of what I've seen are Kiwi players.

As for starting or stopping a war in South America, its two years late to start one (Bolivia and Chile), but about the right time to end one....or start a second one elsewhere on the continent.

Monday, June 12th 2006, 8:05pm

The one thing I can't stand about Soccer is when the get a trip or some other minor hit from another player and they go down as if they have been shot, something you won't see in Hockey for the most part.

Monday, June 12th 2006, 9:19pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Ithekro
Rugby is either a gentleman's game to play rough, or a ruffians game to act like gentlemen. Its a game were if you don't follow the rules exactly a man can die.

Football (as oppose to Soccer/Futbol) is a game of ruffians played in a military fashion. Football is generally considered to be war. Hense the body armor.

As I recall, rugby is a ruffian's game played by gentlemen, whereas football (soccer to the Colonials) is a gentleman's game played by ruffians.

Concur on the characterisation of football (in the Colonial usage). Australian Rules, though, is just a ruffian's game played by ruffians. But what else do you expect from a nation of convicts?

AIGF

Quoted

Personally I can't stand it, nor many sports. I was always a swimmer so personal achievements for the team where the norm as there is very little teamwork in swimming save for relays.

I know exactly what you mean. I was a swimmer myself (though I never competed), and the rest of my immediate family also swim. In fact, my 15-year-old brother is a youth triple champion (400 free, 800 free and 1500 free) in the SASA North District, and none of the three trophies had left Aberdeen in the twenty previous years.

He says it's sheer brilliance on his part, the Aberdonians say it's luck and I say it's the diet consisting largely of beans.

Monday, June 12th 2006, 11:14pm

I like soccer about the rest, well...

Anyway back to the original topic I see my teams are winning!!! Mexico 3:1, Australia 3:1, both against SATSUMA teams, coincidence?

Monday, June 12th 2006, 11:21pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
The one thing I can't stand about Soccer is when the get a trip or some other minor hit from another player and they go down as if they have been shot, something you won't see in Hockey for the most part.

Thats why I dont watch the game on TV.
To much of the game time is wasted by the referie.

When I and my fiends play the game we dont was time on people that fall down we just jump over there laing bodies and contiue playing.

I like Robin Williams charcterisation of the game.
"Its kind of pasive aresive.
People fall to the ground yealing.
AHH IM KILLED IM BLINDED...oh theres on one near me...
I was only kidding"

Tuesday, June 13th 2006, 1:42am

Quoted

Quite true. Some 12 years ago when I was still in the Army, I collided with the enemy goalie. I was quite in agony at that point but about five minutes later, it was only stinging slightly.
... of course a week later, a pretty hard-kicked ball caught me on the legs and I felt them disappear beneath me... so I was in agony again... for about five minutes...
What I also dislike is how one team really stretches for time when it is ahead. Slowing down the game a lot and just kicking the ball back and forth in their defensive zone. I also didn't like what Argentina did during their game against Ivory Coast. Changing a player after 90 minutes of regular play (I think the 92nd minute the change happened). I think the guy was on the field for less than 30 seconds before the game ended. I think that the clock should be changed to a Hockey clock: It's only ticking when the players are playing. If there is an injury or players are being changed or when a goal is scored, then the clock should be stopped.

Quoted

Anyway back to the original topic I see my teams are winning!!! Mexico 3:1, Australia 3:1, both against SATSUMA teams, coincidence?

Well, we need to have one weakness. :-)

Quoted

When I and my fiends play the game we dont was time on people that fall down we just jump over there laing bodies and contiue playing.

Yes! That's the way to play it!! :-)

Tuesday, June 13th 2006, 6:37am

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
Quite true. Some 12 years ago when I was still in the Army, I collided with the enemy goalie. I was quite in agony at that point but about five minutes later, it was only stinging slightly.
... of course a week later, a pretty hard-kicked ball caught me on the legs and I felt them disappear beneath me... so I was in agony again... for about five minutes...

Heh, try taking a slash on the shins or wrist via a hockey stick, even with pads it hurts like hell.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, June 13th 2006, 9:17pm

It´s fun to see the world championships but I´d prefer to see the Mavericks win a ring with Dirkules leading them. However, there´s no NBA in the german television these days...

Wednesday, June 14th 2006, 6:48am

Wow, I never saw you as an NBA fan Hoo, quite a plesant surprise.

Thursday, June 15th 2006, 12:16am

Like I sead Poland lost Germany won.
As You may guess im not happy about it,at least we lost with face.

Saturday, July 8th 2006, 9:22pm

Germany lost.

Not that I have anything againts germany but the italians scored twice in the 119 and the 120 minut.
The first goal was preaty much normal but the second made me fall of the couch laughting.

Saturday, July 8th 2006, 10:54pm

Forza Azzurri!

Both goals were pretty stunning I thought, then again watching in a pub were everyone is wishing the Germans to lose and having a few drinks... Germany seem to have made it up against Portugal tonight.