You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, July 24th 2012, 4:14am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
OTL: Our Time Line, the reality which we as the players inhabit.

I thought it meant Original Time Line. As in, original documented history

Tuesday, July 24th 2012, 4:38am

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc

Quoted

OTL: Our Time Line, the reality which we as the players inhabit.

I thought it meant Original Time Line. As in, original documented history

Well, I suppose it could, but I've never heard anyone say it that way. *Shrugs.*

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Tuesday, July 24th 2012, 5:03am

To me it's always been Original Time Line. I'm pretty sure I've made statements that refer to OTL and then In WW, which would not have made sense if it meant Our Time Line.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, July 24th 2012, 9:43am

I only know "Our Time Line". Anyways, as long as all are aware an OTL comment is made on things that happen(ed) in reality, e.g. entry into service of a particular ship ro plane design, all is fine.

Tuesday, July 24th 2012, 12:32pm

I also consider it to be "Original Time Line". To me "Our Time Line" sounds more like it is referring to the Wesworld timeline.

Tuesday, July 24th 2012, 2:25pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Daidalos
Meta-game note:
Maybe that's a missunderstanding caused by my dubious english skills but I am not planning to transform Jeju-Do into some kind of "bunker-island".
I thought more of a "Rabaul in the Korean Strait". So basically a well defended base to supply and support potential operations in the South Chinese Sea or the Phillipine Sea.
The small benefit of Jeju-Do is, that ships operating from there would avoid passing through chokepoints like the tsushima-strait (at least when operating from the korean east coast).
Ships operating from the korean west coast would have to sail quite a distance under the threat of chinese airattacks, which is not a favourable option I think.
The decision for Jeju-Do will probably become more comprehensible as soon as I am writing a few lines about the Chosen naval doctrine.
Moreover it should be considered, that even if the island has little offensive value for Chosen, it could have a big offensive value for an enemy who plans to occupy it in a war against Chosen....

@HoOmAn: Thanks, I will try to keep it different...at least a bit. By the way what means OOC and IC....and OTL?

I was interpreting your post as Jeju being turned into a bunker.

And I was fine with that. I'm interpreting your play of Chosen as being similar to the North Korea of our world. Given that I'm not an immediate neighbour of Chosen, I can afford to find this highly amusing and entertaining.

Tuesday, July 24th 2012, 2:51pm

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor

I was interpreting your post as Jeju being turned into a bunker.

And I was fine with that. I'm interpreting your play of Chosen as being similar to the North Korea of our world. Given that I'm not an immediate neighbour of Chosen, I can afford to find this highly amusing and entertaining.

That's true in some way. But I am trying to keep it as sane as possible when it comes to the military military. Which doesn't mean it will be perfect or without flaws. But bad decision making is not a unique feature of neurotic dictatorships.
Moreover bunker-islands would be more suitable for a Albanian Hoxha-style player.

Tuesday, July 24th 2012, 8:33pm

28th April 1942, Gwangju:

Today the Goverment and the people of Chosen welcomes a Chinese delegation under the leadership of the Chinese Minister of Transport and Industry.

High ranking Chinese government officials and leading representatives of the EURASIA Aviation Corporation are also part of the delegation.
As Chinese officials expressed their desire to examine and eventually buy the finest product of Chosen craftsmanship, the G-10 S passenger plane, with the consent of the beloved and noble leader Jong Un, the Chosen Minister of Economy and Industry (Kang Mung-sik) has invited a Chinese delegation to visit the manufacturing company of the G-10 S in Gwangju.

The members of the Chinese delegation attended an airshow and an exhibition today at the Gwangju Airplane Factory. Especially the Chinese Minister of Transport and Industry Ming Pi Wai was visibly impressed when the G-10 S flown by an experienced Chosen test pilot (Cpt. Cheung Thi-ban), conducted some chancy maneuvers only a few meters above the ground.

(Photography of the G-10 S doing a 180° roll at just 50 meter altitude)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, July 24th 2012, 10:24pm

Different, I tell you....

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 5:15am

2nd May 1942, Pyongjang, Pyongjang Hospital no. 2, forensic medicine:

It was evening already and the coroner Dr. Rhi washed his hands as he was preparing to knock off work after he made several hours overtime again, when a tall man in a grey, worn out suit entered the room...

Man: "Doctor Rhi, right?"

Doctor Rhi: "Indeed. But you should not be here, this is not a public area and it is forbidden to trespass for anybody who is not an employee of the hospital."

Man: "Well, Doctor Rhi, it will be fine, anyway, I should have introduced myself. I am Colonel Sung-Park, working for the NBID. You know the NBID?"

Doctor Rhi furrowed his brow.

Doctor Rhi: "Certainly, the Bureau of Information and Disinformation. I know why you are here but, damn, it was an accident. The showerroom was dark and when when I grabbed that wiener to soap it thoroughly, I thought of course it was my own. How could I have seen, that it belonged to another guy when there was no light in that showerroom. Oh, it really was an accident, come on please. At least just don't tell my wife, she would misinterpret the incident."

Col. Sung-Park: "Uhm, no, I am not here because of that. But why would one shower in darkness? That's creepy.
However, I am here to talk about the autopsy report you made of Chun Moo-Bak. I am sure you are aware that Moo-Bak wasn't an ordinary person, he was a high ranking official of a government agency."

Doctor Rhi: "So?"

Col. Sung Park: "There is a problem with your report which should be resolved as soon as possible.
You indicated in your report that Moo-Baks cause of death was violent. That is impossible, you misjudged the case obviously. I am shure his death was....'natural'."

Doctor Rhi: "I have no reason to assume that. The case is rather obvious and as a health professional I can assure you that Moo-Bak died because he was shot several times from a short distance. One bullet hit his heart which killed him on the spot. After that, his dead body was dumped into a river, where he was found. The five bullets I found in his chest are speaking pretty much for themselves."

Col. Sung Park: "Ah, I see, you missunderstood me. Sometimes there is a higher truth even if you think the violent death of Moo-Bak is quite evident. Don't think of the case from a medical view but from a political one.
Or maybe think of the benefits to know a NBID Colonel which owes you a favor...."

Doctor Rhi: "A Favor? Well...there is that showerroom I mentioned before. We could..."

Col Sung Park: "Hush! I should have said it more clearly: accept the higher truth or find out what your wife says about this 'accident' of yours. And think carefully about the drawbacks it would have for you and your family, if a NBID Colonel who is rancorous about you, knows exactly where he can find you."

Doctor Rhi: "Aww. Please don't tell my wife, she is such a dragon. I will do whatever you want."

This post has been edited 7 times, last edit by "Daidalos" (Jul 26th 2012, 3:17pm)

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 11:42am

3rd May 1942, "Voice of Chosen" radio broadcast:

++++++

This is a day of great mourning for the people of Chosen. Government officials announced the death of the president of the NBOA Chun Moo-Bak. Officials confirmed that he died due to a "very aggressive and uncurable heart disease."
Beloved and noble leader Jong Un expressed his condolences, he stated "Moo-Bak was a man of honor and is a great loss for Chosen and the rest of the world."
Moo-bak will receive a state funeral on 5th May.

++++++

Latest news:

Case of Illegal sex-orgies in public showerrooms has been solved.

A distinguished doctor employed at a famous Pyongjang hospital has been arrested. He is accused of being the head of a sodomite circle abusing showerrroms of public swimming pools for orgies. The police says.........................................................his wife was furious........................................

++++++

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Daidalos" (Jul 26th 2012, 11:56am)

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 12:12pm

Taking a shower in a dark showerroom has suddenly become very dangerous in Wesworld. :D

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 2:43pm

OOC: This is quite a disturbing development.

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 3:32pm

OOC: Yeah.

Quoted

OOC: This is quite a disturbing development.

Good thing Vladivostok is well defended.

Saturday, September 8th 2012, 5:47am

6th May 1942, Busan Naval Base:

Thousands of people have gathered at pier 6 of the Busan Military Harbor to observe the mighty Battlecruiser "Dairen" clearing the port to steam into in the area of operations which is unknown to the public and to most of the crew.
Relatives are bidding farewells to the young sailors and officers serving on board of the proud of the Chosen Navy. And only god himself knows, why the flagship of Chosen is named after a Chinese City.....

(drawing made by alvama and parador)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Daidalos" (Sep 8th 2012, 10:25pm)

Saturday, September 8th 2012, 5:54am

Quoted

And only god himself knows, why the flagship of Chosen is named after a Chinese City.....

Probably because it's NOT a Chinese city. That region is currently shown as part of Chosen on the map.

Saturday, September 8th 2012, 6:23am

WHAT? First time I see that map.....All maps I found on Wesworld showed that Chosen covers the area of South and Northkorea....I think.....Can someone please educate me on Chosen history in Wesworld? I don't like suprises.

Saturday, September 8th 2012, 6:49am

Quoted

WHAT? First time I see that map.....All maps I found on Wesworld showed that Chosen covers the area of South and Northkorea....I think.....Can someone please educate me on Chosen history in Wesworld? I don't like suprises.

Walter can probably fill you in better than I; but my understanding was that Chosen was the grouping of the territories Japan acquired in 1910 with their annexation of the Korean Empire and parts of Manchuria.

This thread has the official maps of Wesworld. There have been a few small changes since I updated the map last in 1936 (I believe the biggest change is that Syria is now independent), but so far as I know, that shows the official borders of Wesworld. There have been no recent submittals for change on the official map, so unless that happens, that territory does appear to be yours.

Monday, September 10th 2012, 9:56am

Quoted

Quoted

Walter can probably fill you in better than I; but my understanding was that Chosen was the grouping of the territories Japan acquired in 1910 with their annexation of the Korean Empire and parts of Manchuria.

This thread has the official maps of Wesworld. There have been a few small changes since I updated the map last in 1936 (I believe the biggest change is that Syria is now independent), but so far as I know, that shows the official borders of Wesworld. There have been no recent submittals for change on the official map, so unless that happens, that territory does appear to be yours.

Not complete right, Brock. This contract

http://www.jk-clan.de/wbblite/thread.php…79616#post79616

is valid but not implemented in the map :(

Monday, September 10th 2012, 1:55pm

Quoted

Originally posted by parador

Quoted

Quoted

Not complete right, Brock. This contract

http://www.jk-clan.de/wbblite/thread.php…79616#post79616

is valid but not implemented in the map :(

It was my impression that those changes were instituted in the current version of the map, but I'll have to eyeball it later.

If the big map's not correct, then please provide me with enough data so that I can update the map in 1943.