You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, February 8th 2007, 6:58pm

I'm not at all sure we won't see a WWII scenario, though it won't look much at all like OTL WWII. The lack of ideological conflict isn't a bar, there wasn't that much difference in ideologies in WWI. Besides, Fascism HAS arisen in it's historic home, it's just not as likely to spread as it did historically.

(And if you think the Swiss are defenceless, you've got another think coming.)

If we do see a WWII scenario, it will be because of the alliances pulling in the rest of the world. Example: the Japanese, as historical, attack the Dutch East Indies. The Dutch, not being able to win this fight by themselves, call on their AANM allies. In turn, Japan calls on SATUMA for aid. Will it stop there? Maybe, maybe not. Does Atlantis or the US take advantage of AANM's eastward preoccupation to remove the Iberians from Central America? Does the Commonwealth get dragged into the war when AANM bases are lost? Etc, etc.

Friday, February 9th 2007, 2:44am

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
I'm not at all sure we won't see a WWII scenario, though it won't look much at all like OTL WWII. The lack of ideological conflict isn't a bar, there wasn't that much difference in ideologies in WWI. Besides, Fascism HAS arisen in it's historic home, it's just not as likely to spread as it did historically.

(And if you think the Swiss are defenceless, you've got another think coming.)

If we do see a WWII scenario, it will be because of the alliances pulling in the rest of the world. Example: the Japanese, as historical, attack the Dutch East Indies. The Dutch, not being able to win this fight by themselves, call on their AANM allies. In turn, Japan calls on SATUMA for aid. Will it stop there? Maybe, maybe not. Does Atlantis or the US take advantage of AANM's eastward preoccupation to remove the Iberians from Central America? Does the Commonwealth get dragged into the war when AANM bases are lost? Etc, etc.

I tend to agree with Hrolf scenario here as the most likely to cause a quasi-world war in WW. The Indian and Dutch problems in WW seem historical (war in the 1920's) and the Japanese could have designs in the area. A war between Japan and the Dutch will entend to the Middle East and possibly to Africa for sure, the rest of the scenario depending of the American powers and British. But for once I think Europe, except maybe for Iberia, could be calm.

Friday, February 9th 2007, 2:50am

Well...

...I'm thinking something like this:

Small country takes on big country, claims big country attacked, calls on ally.

Said ally calls on their allies.

Original big country calls on their allies...

*whistles innocently away...*

Friday, February 9th 2007, 3:17am

Of course we also have some random factors around the world. However we don't have the economic problems that would be a trigger for large conflicts (remember Plan Red? The Anglo-American War in the post-Great War years over economic conflicts in markets?)

Friday, February 9th 2007, 4:40am

In fact the situation right now seems alot like the one before WWI, with lots of alliances and tensions. If war comes it wont be in the Pacific but the Mediterean, but once it starts it will spread like wildfire. Im surprised the assasination of the Nordmark delegate didnt start a war, considering Sarajevo...

Friday, February 9th 2007, 10:33am

RE: Well...

Quoted

Originally posted by Swamphen
...I'm thinking something like this:

Small country takes on big country, claims big country attacked, calls on ally.

Said ally calls on their allies.

Original big country calls on their allies...

*whistles innocently away...*

Don't even try to act inocent Swampy, we know you by now!

Friday, February 9th 2007, 10:36am

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
In fact the situation right now seems alot like the one before WWI, with lots of alliances and tensions. If war comes it wont be in the Pacific but the Mediterean, but once it starts it will spread like wildfire. Im surprised the assasination of the Nordmark delegate didnt start a war, considering Sarajevo...

You will notice however Nordmark and Italy don't exactly get along well as a result. Nordmark wasn't exactly gunshy to call Italy out on its extreme treaty bending and call it "cheating".

Friday, February 9th 2007, 2:27pm

There's a number of places a major war could start: the Pacific, the Med, Central or South America all come to mind. And I agree, once it starts, it's VERY likely to spread widely. Will it spread to the entire world? Hard to say, but the alliance structures that exist certainly allow for that to happen.