You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, February 18th 2014, 3:23am

Incidentally, the Chosen reports through Week Fifteen sum up to:
KIA: 94783
WIA: 136,638
MIA: 14,775
POW: 8,081
tanks: 339
light tanks: 336
armored vehicles: 1,060
unarmored vehicles: 2,387
art. guns: 849
fighter planes: 302
bomber planes: 279
recce planes: 72

Although I've said it before, I'd like to say it again - these little summary reports by week are a fantastic idea.

Tuesday, February 18th 2014, 4:22am

My assessment is that with 250,000 casualties unless Chosen in Wesworld has a population similar to that of Germany, then Chosen's ability to wage offensive war as an independent fighting force is pretty much done by now. While the terrain of the Korean peninsula makes defending it at least by land relatively easy and costly for an attacker (see OTL Korean War), any offensives or gains made by the Koreans will be as a result of Japanese assistance. After all, if the casualties continue to mount at this rate then at Week 52 or the 1 year anniversary of this conflict Chosen will be nearing 900,000 casualties. I have serious doubts in that situation Chosen can meet its war aims (whatever they may be).

Tuesday, February 18th 2014, 9:46am

Rather than worrying about B-32 production (Consolidated is probably bigger, better organised and has the latest machine tools than any Chinese factory), I'm curious as to how Guoyong Aircraft Inc. brought a licence the Kawaskai H8K and expects to keep the production line flowing when it relies on Japanese engines when both nations are practically at war with each other?

Wonder if there's a Chinese sub waiting for the Chosen when she gets to Osaka, or when she returns? Will the Chinese Navy finally attempt some surface combat?

The casualties and wastage in material etc. is high given fifteen weeks of combat, if the war does go on deep into 1944 I agree with Jason that the totals will be massive. I doubt Chosen can meet its war aims, I'm not really sure they had any war aims in the first place.

Tuesday, February 18th 2014, 11:46am

Rather than worrying about B-32 production (Consolidated is probably bigger, better organised and has the latest machine tools than any Chinese factory), I'm curious as to how Guoyong Aircraft Inc. brought a licence the Kawaskai H8K and expects to keep the production line flowing when it relies on Japanese engines when both nations are practically at war with each other?

Guoyong bought the licence 1938 / 1940 so long before the war started. And even the engines are no problem, because they could be bought on stock. Also they could be a licence production of a local manufacturer, by the way the engines are still used in other chinese aircrafts ;).

Wonder if there's a Chinese sub waiting for the Chosen when she gets to Osaka, or when she returns? Will the Chinese Navy finally attempt some surface combat?

Who knows .... who knows :D :D :D

Tuesday, February 18th 2014, 2:22pm

The casualties and wastage in material etc. is high given fifteen weeks of combat, if the war does go on deep into 1944 I agree with Jason that the totals will be massive. I doubt Chosen can meet its war aims, I'm not really sure they had any war aims in the first place.
Yes, casualties are high. They were especially high during the Chinese counteroffensive.

War aims? "Lebensraum in the west"
Well, maybe I should have illustrated the reasons why Chosen went to war with China a little bit better.

I tried to show that even though Chosen is a dictatorship there are plenty of supporters with a very different political attitude within the government body.
First of all Jong Un himself is kind of megalomanic but he lacks a real political agenda. He isn't even a militarist but more of a hedonist who invested money in the military because he has a penchant for expensive toys. His only political goal is to stay in power and stay famous while in power. At least I tried to depict him like that.

The generals in the military are still struggling withe Jong Un. While some of the Generals respect him due to the prewar military investments, there are enough military men who think Jong Un is just a decadent prick who doesn't care for the future of Chosen but only for himself.
The war had no real aim, only some adhoc objectives, because the war was an overreaction to an incident which was actually staged by ultranational officers within the Chosen Army (see post #2 in the IC thread). The military hardliner General Cho Hyang-Soon is the most important figure of those conspirators.

Furthermore there are some moderate people, mostly diplomats and state servants which were already high ranking officals during the time of the Japanese administration.
Kang Mung-Sik, the minister of economy and industry, would be one of those guys. Regarding Jong Un, Kang Mung-Sik is ambivalent. On one hand he regards Jong Un as his superior and would never dare to act against Jong Uns decisions.
Kang Mung-Sik is a conservative state servant with a oldschool mindset, he is much too loyal to even think of a conspiracy. However, he is also a rationalist and thus can't ignore the mess which some of Jong Uns witty decisions are causing.

Tuesday, February 18th 2014, 2:45pm

This rather confirms my own suspicions about the cause and conduct of the war. When all is said and done someone is going to pay for their mistakes with their head; the question is who's head will fall first.

Tuesday, February 18th 2014, 2:56pm

Quoted

I doubt that the Chinese want to do it when it gets to Osaka. If they want to do it, it is probably best when it leaves Japanese waters.

Quoted

War aims? "Lebensraum in the west"
Considering where you're forces are fighting, I'd say North and not West. :)

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 12:09am

Figured the CV was going to intern itself safely. Guess I was wrong.

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 12:15am

This surprises me too! I thought the carrier might be used to transport additional aircraft to Chosen, though that did seem odd. This is a disturbing development.

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 12:19am

I thought the carrier might be used to transport additional aircraft to Chosen, though that did seem odd.
I think it is a lot quicker if planes are flown across the ~200 km stretch of water to Chosen than it is to load them onto a ship and send them over...

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 12:22am

I thought the carrier might be used to transport additional aircraft to Chosen, though that did seem odd.
I think it is a lot quicker if planes are flown across the ~200 km stretch of water to Chosen than it is to load them onto a ship and send them over...

Quite so. But then you'd be sending all those inexperienced Japanese pilots to the front too - dead meat for those experienced Chinese "eagles".

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 12:24am

Japan's Flying Dragon Mercenary Squadron is anything but inexperienced.

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 12:32am

Japan's Flying Dragon Mercenary Squadron is anything but inexperienced.
Really? I don't recall any recent Japanese military activities that would provide combat experience. Have I missed something?

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 1:51am

He probably wanted to say they have "experience". Which would be sufficient because the Chinese pilots don't have more than that.

Tuesday, February 25th 2014, 5:41pm

I think China should bomb the carrier just to be sure.

Tuesday, February 25th 2014, 11:36pm

They could... not really recomended, but they could...

Tuesday, February 25th 2014, 11:47pm

Bomb first, send flowers later!

Tuesday, February 25th 2014, 11:59pm

WOW things are getting interesting in this war
inside or outside japanese waters?
Currently dealing with extremely heavy facts

Wednesday, February 26th 2014, 12:03am

Yes. That is what Japan's bombers will do. :)

Wednesday, February 26th 2014, 12:08am

WOW things are getting interesting in this war
inside or outside japanese waters?

Either would be amusing!