You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, February 17th 2014, 5:29pm

With the Chosen Air Force virtually wiped out I'm sure China can spare a few fighter squadrons.

Aren't you discounting Chosen's friend, Japan? The commitment of 35,000 "volunteers" makes the Mexican contingent on the Chinese side seem paltry by comparison. I expect Manzo and a volunteer flying circus to make their presence known very soon.

Monday, February 17th 2014, 5:49pm

Well, America may be at peace but their production rates are far higher than I think you give them credit for. And frankly, I doubt that China can react to any perceived threat from the south when it has a full scale war on its hands in the north.

I doubt that there are comparable to WW2 that's all, I estimate that you need round about 100000hrs for a Dominator to build, 2 shifts per day ... 5 days a week so it depends on the employees at San Diego ... to my knowledge there were 45000 but that are WW2 numbers so i think there will be far less ... may be 50% ? ... with 25000 or 12000 per shift we have 1/week or 5/month .

Take a look to China .... building a Fighter .... e.g. a Hawker Hurricane (11000hrs) ... 3 shifts per day, 7 days a week 5000 employees per shift ..... makes 9/day or 64/week or 250/month .... so do you really think China can't react ???

Monday, February 17th 2014, 5:53pm

[*]In Q4/43, the Indochinese Air Defense Group orders two hundred more MB.1052D Milan fighters and a hundred and fifty trainer aircraft (a mix of MS.472 Vanneaus and MS.730 Alcyons) to strengthen their air defenses.
[*]In Q4/43, construction of new airfields in northern and central Indochina begins in relative secrecy. These are mostly secondary airfields to scatter fighters, or dedicated bases to base interceptors.
[*]In Q2/44, the French Air Force orders 264 B-32 Dominator bombers from the United States. Half of the bombers will be delivered to G.B. II/18 based in Nha Trang and G.B. II/23 based at Anh Son. See French Q2/44 news.

I'm curious to see how fast these huge orders will be fullfilled.

Four to six months for the aircraft, and six to eighteen months for airfield construction.

Monday, February 17th 2014, 5:58pm

Chosen has been generous enough to post its equipment losses; China has not seen fit to - so, without baseline start numbers and the number of aircraft lost in combat, or overall attrition, I cannot begin to assess whether your suggested production makes sense or not.

And the far more serious question is pilot wastage. It takes months if not years to properly train a fighter pilot. Despite victories in the air I am certain that pilot losses have been high. So sure, China might be able to churn out fighters of some quality - but can they be used effectively? For me that is a very open question.

Monday, February 17th 2014, 7:20pm

On the flip side, Chinese pilots have combat experience, while Japanese pilots do not. I think Chinese pilot losses have been relatively light, with most losses coming from the ground forces.

Monday, February 17th 2014, 7:26pm

On the flip side, Chinese pilots have combat experience, while Japanese pilots do not. I think Chinese pilot losses have been relatively light, with most losses coming from the ground forces.

Citation needed!

Monday, February 17th 2014, 7:26pm

Since China has not posted combat loss data, it is hard to tell. I would estimate that Chinese air losses in numbers equal those of Chosen; percentage wise, they would be smaller, I suppose. As for any Japanese pilots - they may lack experience - as their ground troop volunteers have shown; but numbers and a far better logistics chain will see them through their first combats, and that will be enough.

Monday, February 17th 2014, 8:19pm

Production rates for the US are set by how much the French want to pay. The US can hire more workers, work 5 shifts and crank out the order in a month if France wants to pay a large premium to do so. Regular production (and regular prices) is 25 planes a month of which France would receive 10. The US is spending half what it spent IOTL on the US Navy, 10 times what it did on the US Army and quadruple on the USAAF compared to its peacetime numbers IOTL

Monday, February 17th 2014, 8:29pm

Concerning the Chinese aircraft losses I would expect them to be higher than those of Chosen. Due to Chosens offensive in the first weeks I would assume quite a few Chinese planes could not be transferred when the airfields were overrun.

Some thoughts concerning the experience of the Chinese pilots:
In general the aerial warfare between China and Chosen is not very intense (My airforce is rather small and was passive during the last weeks while the Chinese airforce is doing close air support for its ground troops, most of the time with very limited success).
Dogfights are especially rare as Chosens pilots are ordered to preserve their valuable airframes and retreat if encountering Chinese fighters.

I think most Chinese losses are caused by AAA. I would think that even operational losses are higher than those actually shot down in dogfighting.

Monday, February 17th 2014, 8:39pm

I think most Chinese losses are caused by AAA. I would think that even operational losses are higher than those actually shot down in dogfighting.

I definitely agree with that.

Monday, February 17th 2014, 9:55pm

Production rates for the US are set by how much the French want to pay. The US can hire more workers, work 5 shifts and crank out the order in a month if France wants to pay a large premium to do so. Regular production (and regular prices) is 25 planes a month of which France would receive 10. The US is spending half what it spent IOTL on the US Navy, 10 times what it did on the US Army and quadruple on the USAAF compared to its peacetime numbers IOTL

The numbers above i used are OTL WW2 numbers - only for comparison.

I think 5 shifts doesn't make sence, because i calculate a shift length of 7,5hrs and a day only has 24 hrs .... 5x7,5=37,5 hrs ;) ;)

But thanks for clarification of the deal.

Monday, February 17th 2014, 10:14pm

I think it would be more like like this, with the shifts overlapping each other rather than the shifts being one after another. A simple example of five 10 hour shifts (with 'O' representing one working hour and 'X' one non-working hour) over a 24 hour period:

OOOOOOOOOOXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXOOOOOOOOOOXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOXXXXX
OXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOO

At any given time, at least two shifts are working with each other. In this case, 5 x 10 = 24 hours.

Monday, February 17th 2014, 10:49pm

I think it would be more like like this, with the shifts overlapping each other rather than the shifts being one after another. A simple example of five 10 hour shifts (with 'O' representing one working hour and 'X' one non-working hour) over a 24 hour period:

OOOOOOOOOOXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXOOOOOOOOOOXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOXXXXX
OXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOO

At any given time, at least two shifts are working with each other. In this case, 5 x 10 = 24 hours.

Small fault:
There is an overlapping of shift 1 and 3 in the last work hour of shift 1 ;) So here are working 3 shifts parallel => additional production line needed

Monday, February 17th 2014, 10:59pm

Like I said, it is a simple example. I think it would come out better if I were to make it so that it goes per 15 minutes instead of per hour.

You also forget that when the next shift comes in and it takes over, the 'almost leaving' shift could grab some brooms and clean the workfloor a bit or something like that until their shift is over. It is not all about working on the production lines so an aditional production line is not needed.

Monday, February 17th 2014, 11:02pm

Somehow I think that building or converting an additional aircraft factory would not be too difficult for the United States. I do recall that another world leader made the mistake of under-estimating the productive capacity of the American aircraft industry, to his misfortune.

Monday, February 17th 2014, 11:11pm

Really ??? Who ????

Monday, February 17th 2014, 11:39pm

5 shifts is about the minimum number for 24/7 production. 6 or 8 work better. With 5 shifts its 3 shifts on and 2 off on 8 hour shifts. You also don't build everything in house, but rather subcontract what you can and prefab what you can so that all Consolidated is doing in this case is final assembly. Irregardless that isn't what is happening and there are other options to get France its bombers quickly if it feels it needs them than working the workforce to the bone.

Monday, February 17th 2014, 11:46pm

Really ??? Who ????
Some fellow named Adolf Hitler...

Monday, February 17th 2014, 11:49pm

Bruce ..... thanks .... but i think you knew, that It was more a rhetoric question - because i even know the answer :D

Tuesday, February 18th 2014, 12:16am

I have no doubt that consular and other diplomatic officials of several nations will be ready in Osaka, stop-watches in hand, to time the stay of the RCN Chosen in Japanese territorial waters.

I hope that you are kind enough to post news of her arrival and subsequent departure. :D