You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, October 11th 2013, 12:26pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
Officially: Japan only sends cargo ships with food, medicine and other vital materials to Chosen.

Unofficially: Japan only sends cargo ships with food, medicine and other vital materials to Chosen.

However,

Quoted

Hwang Lee-Moon: "Military observers? Hmm, interesting. That could be indeed a great opportunity. I mean our troops achieved some successes but if I look over those casualty reports I come to the conclusion that the hardware delivered by SAE and Japan won't suffice in the long run."

Implies that "vital materials" also includes military equipment and other contraband of war. A bit more transparency on that question would be beneficial. Of course, if such transparency is not forthcoming, it is likely that people will take the Chosen statement at its face value and act accordingly.

Friday, October 11th 2013, 12:39pm

Quoted

Originally posted by BruceDuncan

Quoted

Hwang Lee-Moon: "Military observers? Hmm, interesting. That could be indeed a great opportunity. I mean our troops achieved some successes but if I look over those casualty reports I come to the conclusion that the hardware delivered by SAE and Japan won't suffice in the long run."

Implies that "vital materials" also includes military equipment and other contraband of war. A bit more transparency on that question would be beneficial. Of course, if such transparency is not forthcoming, it is likely that people will take the Chosen statement at its face value and act accordingly.

I would say here is the right adress Iberia and not Chosen ;), because taking a look here ....

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor
13 September 1943

To: Government of Chosen

The Government of Iberia requests permission to attach observers to the Chosenian land, air, and naval forces. Such observers will allow Iberia to learn about Chinese tactics and strategy, and may provide a useful alternate perspective for Chosenian forces in development of their own strategy and tactics.

Friday, October 11th 2013, 12:53pm

Quoted

it is likely that people will take the Chosen statement at its face value and act accordingly.

Well, as far as I know, the Chosen statement (i.e. Lee-Moon's "I come to the conclusion that the hardware delivered by SAE and Japan won't suffice in the long run.") is a statement you only know about OOC, so you can only act on it OOC and not IC. So you only know OOC that the unofficial "vital materials" bit would include the no-no stuff.

Friday, October 11th 2013, 1:01pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10

Quoted

it is likely that people will take the Chosen statement at its face value and act accordingly.

Well, as far as I know, the Chosen statement (i.e. Lee-Moon's "I come to the conclusion that the hardware delivered by SAE and Japan won't suffice in the long run.") is a statement you only know about OOC, so you can only act on it OOC and not IC. So you only know OOC that the unofficial "vital materials" bit would include the no-no stuff.

Until such time as Chosen, like China, makes an official IC admission that it is receiving war material from Japan, you are correct.

Friday, October 11th 2013, 1:42pm

Can we have an Eight-Power Intervention yet? Maybe partition China and Chosen into League Mandates?

Or at least hurry the war along so the rest of us can get on with business?

Friday, October 11th 2013, 10:23pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Can we have an Eight-Power Intervention yet? Maybe partition China and Chosen into League Mandates?

Or at least hurry the war along so the rest of us can get on with business?

Nobody is hindering you with posting your 1944 news.
I try to post 2 game weeks per 1 week realtime but I don't have the time write detailed and fast at the same time. Therefore I think it wont get much faster than this.

Friday, October 11th 2013, 10:31pm

Not knowing what is going on in a conflict does hinder us.
[SIZE=1]Not that I have been doing much posting...[/SIZE]
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Friday, October 11th 2013, 10:40pm

Okay, then I can give you a timeline for the war till January 1944.

June 1943: hostilities start with airraids of Chosen, no major ground operations on either side, artillery duells and occasional airrraids and aerial encounters, start of Chosens submarine operations against Chinese shipping.

July 1943: artillery duells and occasional airrraids and aerial encounters, Battlefleet 1 of CHosen starts its operation in the Yellow and China Sea, Chosens submarines sink Chinese passenger ships and freighters, Start of Chosens ground offensive

August 1943: After initial difficulties Chosen gains ground. submarine warfare countinues, by the end of August Chosen captured the cities of Dandong, Fencheng, Zuanghe, Xiuyan and Kuandian.

September 1943: Chinese bombing raids on Chosen cities, Dairen is cut off from the mainland. Chosens ground offensive stalls after capturing Benxi, Gaizhou and Haicheng. Chinese reinforcemnts arrive.

October 1943: Chosen suffers a major defeat in the battle of Anshan. China starts a major counter-offensive.

November 1943: Chinese forces recapture Gaizhou, Haicheng and relieve Dairen. At the End of the month China recaptured the cities of Zuanghe, Xiuyan and Kuandian. 2nd Battle for Fencheng ends with a Victory for Chosen which are able to defend the city against Chinese attack.

December 1943: 3rd Battle of Fencheng: Fencheng falls to China again. Chinese troops recapture Dandong and Dongang. Chinese Forces cross the Yalu on several positions and capture Sinuiju, Supung adn Chosan. Chinese counter offensive was successfull.

January 1944: All quiet on the front. China prepares a major spring offensive while Chosens troops dig in and prepare to defend the mountainious areas of northern Chosen.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Friday, October 11th 2013, 10:58pm

Spoiling all the fun, are you?

IIRC we did the last chapters of the ABS war when the rest of the world was almost 2 years ahead.

I think you should not feel push. Take your time. I prefer quality over speed or mass when it comes to stories.

Friday, October 11th 2013, 11:01pm

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
Spoiling all the fun, are you?

IIRC we did the last chapters of the ABS war when the rest of the world was almost 2 years ahead.

I think you should not feel push. Take your time. I prefer quality over speed or mass when it comes to stories.

Thanks. I prefer quality over speed too.
I have not posted this summary before because I thought it would spoil much of the fun reading the warstory...but some people seem to need it...

Friday, October 11th 2013, 11:48pm

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn

I can understand getting behind: you guys at least started writing your scenario "in the present", rather than waiting until most people were a year ahead and then surprising everyone with it so that nobody could react without redoing everything. It penalizes those of us who make a consistent effort to write news, interact with others, and generally keep up with the times. Considering that I've heard at least one player say we shouldn't move forward until the war catches up... well...

Quoted

Originally posted by Daidalos
Thanks. I prefer quality over speed too.
I have not posted this summary before because I thought it would spoil much of the fun reading the warstory...but some people seem to need it...

It's generally a good idea, in my opinion, to give a sort of forewarning. I know we've discussed back and forth several years ago the idea of making it a gentleman's agreement to post a broad outline of the war so that, in the event the writers fall behind (which always happens), none of the other players are left constantly wondering what's happening, at least on the grand scale.

Monday, October 14th 2013, 4:41pm

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor
September 17, 1943

To: Government of Chosen, Government of China

Be advised that the Iberian Armada will be dispatching the Moncao-class cruiser Levanto to the Chosenian port of Mokpo, with an anticipated arrival and departure date in Chosenian territorial waters of 24 September.

The Levanto will be painted white, will be flying a white ensign above an oversized Iberian naval jack, and will be fully illuminated at all times.

Levanto will be transporting unarmed, uniformed Iberian military personnel who will be taking up a non-combattant, observational role with the Chosenian military. No delivery or exchange of military or commercial goods will take place.

As Iberia considers these actions to fall within the established convention of neutrality, so too does Iberia expect China to respect the neutrality of the Levanto and of Iberian observers.

OOC: This is not to say that China and Chosen can't have fun around Levanto if it suits them.

Remember to ask for safe routes through / around any minefields! :)

Tuesday, October 15th 2013, 3:13pm

As so often happens at the outbreak of a war, 'political' generals must be replaced by 'fighting' generals. General Jiang Ding-zhi has his work cut out for him but I suspect he will do well.

Thursday, October 24th 2013, 5:01pm

Now this latest is what I expect China to be capable of doing...

Thursday, October 24th 2013, 5:43pm

Quoted

Don't believe anything of this. It's all Chinese propaganda. They just want to mislead the world about the fact that their Army was pounded by the Korean shaft of doom.

Thursday, October 24th 2013, 5:54pm

Cant tell if IC or OOC comment...
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Thursday, October 24th 2013, 5:57pm

Quoted

Originally posted by snip
Cant tell if IC or OOC comment...

It's OOC with sarcasm.

Thursday, October 24th 2013, 6:11pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Daidalos

Quoted

Don't believe anything of this. It's all Chinese propaganda. They just want to mislead the world about the fact that their Army was pounded by the Korean shaft of doom.

General Jiang Ding-zhi is without doubt a student of the ancient classics and knows well the maxims of Sun Tzu:

"All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near."

"In difficult ground, press on; On hemmed-in ground, use subterfuge; In death ground, fight."

Unfortunately, some of his superiors appear to have failed to study the wisdom of Sun Tzu. It is to be hoped that the arts of the political hacks will not prevail over the arts of the general.

Friday, October 25th 2013, 3:22pm

It's an ambitious plan but certainly there is opportunity to trap and smash a large portion of the Chosen army.

Tuesday, November 5th 2013, 12:26am

Quoted

"Fine, I'll attach your forces to this division here and you can keep them together, but you will be under the division commander, no going off and pretending to be Villa. This is what I want you to do..."

Obviously the Chinese have been quick to evaluate the combat-worthiness of their Mexican allies. :rolleyes:

A nice touch. ;)