You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, February 14th 2010, 8:09pm

Nah. More likely I'll go for the Type 89...

Sunday, February 14th 2010, 8:18pm

Ha, I'm really trying to refrain from entering this arguement again, trying reeeeeal hard....

Sunday, February 14th 2010, 8:24pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
You're going to force me to hurry up and develop the 105mm/128mm Kwk guns, aren't you?

I did say _future_. I'm not sure why you need the 105 or 128 guns unless the target is seriously armoured (or at really long range).

That's kind of my opinion, but then, I wasn't the one planning the 105mm/50 armed tank, either..... Right now, Germany has no plans, per se, for a tank armed with a high velocity gun larger in bore than 88mm. That could change, of course, but that's the situation right now.

Sunday, February 14th 2010, 8:43pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
Ha, I'm really trying to refrain from entering this arguement again, trying reeeeeal hard....

I think I can sympathize with you there, Wes. (Must Not Type, Must Not Type).

Sunday, February 14th 2010, 9:26pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
That's kind of my opinion, but then, I wasn't the one planning the 105mm/50 armed tank, either..... Right now, Germany has no plans, per se, for a tank armed with a high velocity gun larger in bore than 88mm. That could change, of course, but that's the situation right now.

I meant future as in late 40s/early 50s. I don't really see the need for penetrating 200mm+ of armour at any range. 75/46 with APCBC will do for the current threats (though a bit marginal against heavy tanks). The long 85mm will do nicely for picking off lots of Indian tanks and APCs at long range.

Monday, February 15th 2010, 2:18am

Your design looks cramped. It will not carry much ammo and/or fuel and be a pain to operated.
Is this thing destined to be a defensive weapon or a offensive weapon.
Panzer IV was originally a offensive weapon with a big gun for destroying bunkers. When the enemy started pressing back it got a High-Velocity Gun for defensive work.

Monday, February 15th 2010, 6:54pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Marek Gutkowski
Your design looks cramped. It will not carry much ammo and/or fuel and be a pain to operated.
Is this thing destined to be a defensive weapon or a offensive weapon.

Well it's pretty big so I don't think space would be a problem. It's not like trying to cram a long 105mm gun into the Panzer IV. Italian planned operations focus on the defensive, so a long ranged powerful gun and lots of frontal armour.

Monday, February 15th 2010, 7:24pm

Something a bit smaller and lighter for the more immediate future.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Red Admiral" (Feb 15th 2010, 7:24pm)

Wednesday, February 17th 2010, 6:52pm

From "Secret projects of the Succession War"

The rivalry between the Pushtigaban and Gendarmes sometimes took up a farcial note, one of these things was the Pushtigaban Dahak fighter project (since the Gendarmes had an Air service then the Pushtigaban was bloody well have one as well). The Dahak was funded by the Pushtigaban while the actual design was carried out by Shahbaz and the Aeronautics Engineering department of Teheran Polytechnic Institute. The project was dropped when it became clear that the cost of development would far exceed intial projections and the only engine of sufficient power was British.

Wednesday, February 17th 2010, 7:07pm

Awesome done, guys!!! :D LOVE IT!!! :)

Wednesday, February 17th 2010, 7:12pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral
Something a bit smaller and lighter for the more immediate future.

Looks British...

A bit of info?

Thursday, February 18th 2010, 11:34pm

I made an ugly plane,yeay

Edited picture with Vokovlad help, new smaller propeller hub

As You can see this is a Bf-109G with a radial namely the Mitsubishi Kinsei instead of DB-605

The engine is 211kg lighter so not to mess up the center of mass I put it closer to the wings, There output is pretty close. The drag is higher so V-max will be lower.
This one will climb better, my guess is that this plane will have better roll rate and maneuverability that the original.
Range will stay the same.

Two 20mm in the fuselage.
Gun pods from bf109g can be fitted.

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Marek Gutkowski" (Feb 19th 2010, 5:39pm)

Friday, February 19th 2010, 6:39pm

Another hybrid 109

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (Mar 6th 2010, 3:41am)

Friday, February 19th 2010, 6:53pm

Who! She look much cooler now, more stream-lined as well! Highter speed I Guess?

Friday, February 19th 2010, 7:14pm

Havent been thinking about performance just wanted a Me-109 with an Italian engine

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (Feb 19th 2010, 7:15pm)

Friday, February 19th 2010, 7:43pm

I hope this won't be against the rules but Does anyone know were I can find free good 3D art programme's? I'll try a 3D one for WW!!!

Friday, February 19th 2010, 8:12pm

Try Google sketch up. Its basic but pretty decent and free. If you are a student you might be able to get the student version of solidworks free.

Friday, February 19th 2010, 8:16pm

Thanks!!!!

Friday, February 19th 2010, 9:58pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Marek Gutkowski
Looks British...

A bit of info?

It's sort of based off the Cromwell. The boxy shape is nice and easy to build.

Quoted

If you are a student you might be able to get the student version of solidworks free.

Solidworks - no it doesn't.

Friday, February 19th 2010, 11:43pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
Another hybrid 109

Kinda like the look of this one.......
Whats the front from?