You are not logged in.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Sunday, June 3rd 2012, 12:07am

Front Yard

My buddy Sam is a Light Colonel with the US Army.
He got back from Iraq last year, and officially I believe he's still currently the CO of a National Guard Battalion in the LA area, where he lives with his wife and son with a lovely waterfront view, at least until his retirement papers are processed.

Well the the powers that be decided to block their view of the water, so now when he looks out his front yard he sees this :

and now it's moored :

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (Jun 3rd 2012, 12:08am)

Sunday, June 3rd 2012, 12:27am

"Get that rusty piece of sh*t out of the way! I want to be able to see the water!!" :D

IMO a definite improvement of the waterfront view. :)

Sunday, June 3rd 2012, 11:21am

I'd say that view might well improve his property value too! :D

Sunday, June 3rd 2012, 11:58am

Definately the safest neighbourhood!

Sunday, June 3rd 2012, 2:51pm

Imagine them starting to shoot at the burglar trying to get into your house... 8o

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Sunday, June 3rd 2012, 6:06pm

I'd be rather stoked. Was pleased to amble about the Alabama, but only got close to an Iowa class once.
Heck of a lawn ornament.

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
Imagine them starting to shoot at the burglar trying to get into your house... 8o

I always thought a guard bear would be good for burglars. I know, a polarizing topic to shine some sun on, and the results could be pretty grizzly. It's like the 'Here's your sign' jokes - Burglar breaks into house, you go here's "Ur sine".

Completely off topic, a lady once told me about her friend in the Valley who was an animal trainer and would do TV/movie work. Supposedly this person kept the big cats inside, the bear in the back yard, and had these house cats that went between, but liked to sleep out back ON the bear.

So this lady was walking a poodle behind the house, the poodle saw a cat and chased it under the fence. Then the poodle suddenly came running back and a bear exploded through the fence.

I don't remember the outcome, I'm guessing the poodle kept going and the lady needed new underwear.

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 4:51am

I wonder if being moved inshore like that means they're finally doing something with her.