You are not logged in.

Friday, February 26th 2016, 11:00pm

I agree with that, Bruce. Next thing Brock will tell us is that Russia considers all foreign tourists to be "Russian citizens" for the duration of their stay. Apparently the Russian way to determine the population.

I fear you have missed your mark there Walter... :rolleyes:

Friday, February 26th 2016, 11:03pm

Quoted

Jewish Zionists who had temporarily immigrated to Russia

did not immediately translate into "Russian citizens", but rather implied something different.

There were large communities of ethnic Russians and Russian Jews, particularly in the Far East, who had the borders re-arranged on them, leaving them outside of Russia proper. If they return to Russia, they are de facto citizens by right of jus sanguinis. These expatriate communities are where the 6th Mechanised Brigade was recruited from.

I agree with that, Bruce. Next thing Brock will tell us is that Russia considers all foreign tourists to be "Russian citizens" for the duration of their stay. Apparently the Russian way to determine the population.

A uniquely Russian solution to the tourist scourge currently facing the Motherland.

Friday, February 26th 2016, 11:14pm

Quoted

Jewish Zionists who had temporarily immigrated to Russia

did not immediately translate into "Russian citizens", but rather implied something different.

There were large communities of ethnic Russians and Russian Jews, particularly in the Far East, who had the borders re-arranged on them, leaving them outside of Russia proper. If they return to Russia, they are de facto citizens by right of jus sanguinis. These expatriate communities are where the 6th Mechanised Brigade was recruited from.

Quite so. Now that we know the OOC background, all makes sense. Jus sanguinis versus jus soli can get complicated. :D