You are not logged in.

Friday, July 1st 2005, 4:35pm

Quik Kwery on Brazil, Colombia, and Mexico

Historically Brazil sold the old coast defense ship Deodoro to Mexico in 1924. In WW, however, Mexico already has the ex-Idaho (Santa Anna). Now originally, when the U.S. was still an NPC, when I created the Santa Anna rebuild storyline I said that Anahuac (ex-Deodoro) would be used as partial payment for the rebuild. But (so far) that hasn't been mentioned by Canis, so I've began to wonder if Mexico would acquire that old scrap-heap at all...

...and, if not, perhaps Brazil would have sold it to Colombia instead?

Friday, July 1st 2005, 4:52pm

Well, the one question is could Mexico afford to operate both the Anahuac and Santa Anna and have the men to do it? I hadn't mentioned Anahuac simply because I forgot about it. If she was in Mexican service I could easily see her being sold to cover the costs not only of the Santa Anna rebuild, but also the two light cruisers Mexico bought from me.

Friday, July 1st 2005, 5:00pm

The catch, that I didn't realise at the time, is that they would have bought Santa Anna first, in 1914. So would they still have bought Deodoro in 1924?

Friday, July 1st 2005, 6:54pm

Well. Deodoro is inferior to Idaho, isn't it? So the question would be why would Mexico purchase this vessel form Brazil? Maybe they got a good deal, or Mexico wanted a second battleship for its second coast, and that was all they could afford. And it seems sort of odd to spend money on a ship then sell it within four years to pay for the refit of another you've had for over ten. Selling it to buy new ships would make some sense if the opportunity was not present when Mexico was offered Deodoro in 1924.

You do have yourself an odd situation.

Tuesday, July 5th 2005, 5:26pm

No thoughts?

...if no further thoughts then we should probably assume that the Mexicans bought it, and will be handing it over as a trade-in for those two cruisers.

Anyhow.

What about Brazilian battleships to answer the Argies' shiny new toys? Did they buy back Agincourt in 1920?

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 12:26am

Perhaps they bought an old Atlantian 12" battleship.

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 12:35am

Possibly, that might make sense

...but which one(s)? Inquiring publications want to know... ;-)

(I would also suggest that additional PCs in SoAm would be benificial to the game ... and that I have time on my hands ^_^ ... but we probably have enough worms on the loose as it is.)

Thursday, July 7th 2005, 11:52pm

Wes and I have been discussing this, and it seems that both of the Florianos were/will be sold to Colombia.

In a (somewhat) related matter, unless there are any strenous objections I will be 'giving' the historical Uruguayan cruiser and torpedo-gunboat, obviously not needed by that nation here ;) , to Peru...

Friday, July 8th 2005, 12:25am

There will likely be alot of toy swaping between Brazil and Columbia.

Friday, July 8th 2005, 12:47am

i have no problem with this, as it just give Chile more reason to build as it has been.

Friday, July 8th 2005, 12:56am

There's a method to this madness, feel free to PM me for the greasy details.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Friday, July 8th 2005, 9:03am

Just make sure you guys don´t re-write history of WesWorld as already agreed on.

Friday, July 8th 2005, 2:19pm

As far as I can tell, given the dificulty finding posts, history shouldn't be effected.

Friday, July 8th 2005, 8:17pm

Two more for the "protest or perish" subject:

I propose the following additions:

*the two British "fleet sweeping vessels" that historically went to Portugal...to Persia. (Rocky, would this be a problemo for India?)

*the "light cruiser" Cuba, that historically belonged to, well, Cuba...to China.

Thoughts?

Friday, July 8th 2005, 8:28pm

Why make either move? If they don't make sense in their historic nations, just expunge them from our history.

Friday, July 8th 2005, 8:58pm

The reason they don't make sense in their historic nations is because...in WW those nations don't exsist. ;-)

I suppose they can be "ditched".

Saturday, July 9th 2005, 2:06am

Thats what I do, the historical Venezuelan fleet has joined the Kongo's, not that the rag tag fleet of 4 gunboats tugs and yahts would be much backup.

Saturday, July 9th 2005, 2:30am

Hmmmm, more pirate ships.