You are not logged in.

Monday, September 1st 2003, 3:07pm

Rome Revue July 30/21

Salamis Found

http://www.geocities.com/red_admiral_italy/impsalamis.html
An artist's impression and technical data relating to the misterious 'Improved Salamis' battleship that the Hellenic navy is building have been obtained by your intrepid reporter, at great personal risk.

The actual Salamis class mount 12 14"/52 guns but the 'improved' vessel weakens her firepower by mounting only 10 such guns. However her speed has been increased to 25knts from the 23knts of the Salamis. This 25knt speed greatly increases her lethality by being able to overhaul all capital ships in the Marina Militaire. Surely this should serve as a dire warning to our government.

A MM official when approached had the simple statement of 'no comment'.

However the Rome Revue approached right-wing politician, Benito Mussolini for his views and he gave the following statement; "This is preposterous. We, the Italian people, cannot have some Greek scum possess ships more powerful than ours. This ship is a direct threat to the Italian people. We should destroy it, and the rest of the Hellenic Navy before we have these pig-farmers dictating policy for us. Our Government should immediately build more ships, that are bigger, faster and better."

This statement coincides with riots outside the Greek embasy earlier this week, when fortunately no one was hurt.

Monday, September 1st 2003, 5:21pm

It looks like the situation is getting worse every day. Will this conflict turn out to be the first war in the Wesworld between two player controlled nations?

Nice artist's impression.

Walter

Monday, September 1st 2003, 5:38pm

I don't think i made it clear before, but it is Harry's image not mine. Ships are a little hard to 3D model with my software.

Monday, September 1st 2003, 6:18pm

Of course it's Harry's picture...

Isn't that why there is a "Copyright 2003 Harry the Red" in the right bottom corner?
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Nice artist's impression.

Walter

Monday, September 1st 2003, 8:28pm

Oh yes, i forgot that was there.

Monday, September 1st 2003, 10:59pm

hmmm

Dated july 30th? Have we all agreed to move forward then with the sim or does pengolodh need more time before we move on to quarter 3 of 1921?

Tuesday, September 2nd 2003, 5:11pm

In the meeting place you asked if there was any news. I posted some. The date had to be after 25th July because that was my latestt article.

I won't post any other news, until this is sorted out though.

Tuesday, September 2nd 2003, 10:17pm

ok

I was just wondering because pen had said that he needed more time and then we all stated if we had serious plans in the near future and then you could hear the crickets chirping for about three days! As long as we are all in a position to move on thats fine with me, i just need to know.
By the way nice story guys, you have the rest of the world holding its breath wondering if the fur is about to fly!

Wednesday, September 3rd 2003, 11:57pm

I need just some more days - I am getting close. Need to troubleshoot something, as well as make sure the timeline is correct - most of the newsitems are written at this stage.