You are not logged in.

Wednesday, March 9th 2011, 5:33pm

Stay on topic.

Wednesday, March 9th 2011, 6:13pm

RE: Question on drawing

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10

Quoted

All of the large concepts clock in at 5000 tons, which is comparable to the mentioned Japanese submarines, which mostly proves the concept is sound.

Who says that it is known IC? Sounds to me like you base it more on OTL knowledge. Unlike OTL, Japan does not have to worry about a large scale war that drains the resources so in Wesworld, they can easily build a few dozen Sen Toku submarines... but they haven't. So based on that, I hardly would call it a sound concept.

By sound concept, I mean from an engineering standpoint; it is possible to build a submarine of that size. Doctrine is another story. The RCN has a couple of specific mission parameters in mind for them, but is keeping the ideas fairly close-held at this time.

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
I always wondered why the Queenslands have three large funnels? I doubt it is required by machinery layout or power but it increases the ships silhouette, both for the Eyeball Mk I and for radar. Esthetics is another points but that most likely lies in the eye of the beholder....

Queensland is a single ship built in the early 30s, approximately the same size and vintage as the latter OTL County-class, which I tried drawing cues from. The stacks might be a bit big for that comparison, though I did want three equal sized stacks rather than the slightly smaller fore and aft stacks of the counties. I suppose I could trunk and redo the stacks during her refit, a la London, but I think that might drive up the refit cost for no other gain.

Wednesday, March 9th 2011, 8:59pm

Shrank the stacks a bit