You are not logged in.

Tuesday, February 10th 2004, 11:35pm

Seeking clarification...

Based on postings at this board and the "Designing a Navy Board", my understanding is that we have now signed on players for the Netherlands, Denmark (plus ahistoric possessions) and, oddly, the Philippines. Further, I see we are apparently offering folks a chance to play Mexico and Canada.

My original understanding was that we were recruiting for two specific nations - the Netherlands and Turkey - to fill gaps created by Qazpar's departure and Wes' storyline respectively. I don't know why we've suddenly started offering other countries to people, but I do object to it, for these reasons:

-It will further clutter the landscape; Europe is already jammed with player nations; Asia and North America are evidently doomed to follow. Where will we find non-player nations to spar with, without further messing with history?

-It's unnecessary. Granted, a historical Philippines does make Walter's ambitions more feasible, but why do we need Canada, Mexico and, for that matter, Denmark played?

-It requires further tinkering with real and alternate history, particularly since most of these proposed new nations had virtually no naval power of note.

I look forward to seeing your comments when I take my next break from steam-cleaning...

J

Wednesday, February 11th 2004, 2:35am

Rocky, several other players have expressed interest...if we are to let players in, now is the time. IMO it will not clutter the landscape as at any given time we seem to have at least 2 awol players and others with stuff to deal with like work. Canada historically had several ships up to cruiser size and there was talk in WW1 of canada even getting some BB's on loan from the UK. I agree however that mexico would not have a sizable fleet but seeing as India does have a fleet practically ten times its historical size I see no reason why we can't increase other navy's by a couple of ships.
Our original intent in this Sim was to put our fleets into one common fictional world and even battle each other, and there are still plenty of other non player nations to conquor.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, February 11th 2004, 9:48am

SIM closed again

I agree with the Doc:

We were originally looking for new players to fill the gaps. As it turned out we did more than that.

We now have three new players (as listed by the Doc).

Mexico and Canada were options offered to those new players just for the case the powers we offere to them originally were without interest to them. They have choosen thei powers and thus Mexico and Canada will remain neutral none-player countries.

I strongly request to declare the SIM closed again!

Cheers,

HoOmAn

Sunday, February 15th 2004, 4:45pm

I don't recall us stateing we wanted "3" new members....either way the new players have not been heard from for some time.

Sunday, February 15th 2004, 11:01pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
I don't recall us stateing we wanted "3" new members....either way the new players have not been heard from for some time.

hum? I'm here, have posted at the design forums...

given that new players don't come "in" until Q1 1923, and that I haven't got the infrastructure points decided by the moderators for netherlands, I haven't got too many topics to post about :). But I'm here, alive, and ready to rumble :)

Sunday, February 15th 2004, 11:24pm

I have to echo what RAM said....
I'm here and waiting for 6 months of game time to roll by!!

Monday, February 16th 2004, 2:17am

Ok so 2 out of 3 of the players singed on are still here....

Wednesday, February 18th 2004, 5:33pm

Just curious - it is this Mikey fellow who's got the Philippines, am I right?

Thursday, February 19th 2004, 1:47am

Yes...unfortunately he has not droped by or e-mailed me in a while so I'm not sure if he's still in.