You are not logged in.

Wednesday, July 23rd 2008, 6:29pm

Stuart is the player of Russia, therefore he alone decides what happens with reguards to its people, government and anything else. His opinion on what is and isn't is the one that matters, end of story...

Wednesday, July 23rd 2008, 6:31pm

Sure, but then people shouldn't be bitching about other players choices

Wednesday, July 23rd 2008, 6:33pm

If your nicking designs because YOU think certain designers wouldn't exist in Russia then he has a right to bitch.

Wednesday, July 23rd 2008, 6:37pm

Quel bitching??

"The Japanese have an aircraft industry of long standing.
The Russians have an aircraft industry of long standing, and includes historical names such as Tupelov, Petlyakov, Lavochkin, etc. Zhukovsky and TsAGI have had even more resources than historical, due to no disasterous, destructive Russian Civil War.

The Chinese, having started with imported/licenced German designs, are unlikely to have produced such a significant departure from their design roots, as a first effort.

JMHO."

When the Japs poach Russian aircraft/tank designs, I joke about it, because the Japanese historically had the capability to match the historical designs.

China, with a history of imported/licenced German designs, is unlikely to make such a sharp departure from that path, as a first step.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "AdmKuznetsov" (Jul 23rd 2008, 6:37pm)

Wednesday, July 23rd 2008, 6:43pm

As TSA stated above Parador is the player of China he alone decides, but thats up to you and Parador

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (Jul 23rd 2008, 6:45pm)

Wednesday, July 23rd 2008, 8:09pm

Quoted

When the Japs poach Russian aircraft/tank designs, I joke about it, because the Japanese historically had the capability to match the historical designs.

China, with a history of imported/licenced German designs, is unlikely to make such a sharp departure from that path, as a first step.

Compared to the aircraft being produced by other countries (Australia, Canada, Mexico...) it doesn't seem that much in front. Something like Bolo may be more appropriate.

I'm not really sure why the Japanese need a T-34 tank unless they're planning to invade Russia. It wouldn't be much use elsewhere.

Thursday, July 24th 2008, 9:08am

Are they really so great differences between

this two pictures ???? I'm no expert in air-force designs....

german design

russian design

In my blind eyes i would say, it's no great step from the upper pic to the other, or am i wrong ?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "parador" (Jul 24th 2008, 1:32pm)

Thursday, July 24th 2008, 5:00pm

Acctually there are distinct differences in appearance, but thats not the point that I was getting at.

I'm more concerned that people are nicking designs because they are making the determination that because soviet Russia doesn't exist all its designs and designers are free to take. I think if instead you asked Stuart he wouldn't mind.

As I said each nation is responcible for the path it takes but I think Stuart has a point. If China is aquiring German designs it makes sence any future home grown designs would be heavily influenced by those German aircraft. They would simply back engineer and use allies equipment, engines ect.

The top picture would be something I would expect as a first design, looks wise.

Thursday, July 24th 2008, 5:51pm

You are surely right, it makes sence using german design as base for a chinese design. So i had better used the top picture for the Chinese bomber.

I will change them, so everybody will be happy ;)

If China will use a russian design, i will ask stuart if i could use it.

I thought both planes looks very similar and so nobody will have something against. I was wrong, sorry, that's my fault !

Sunday, July 27th 2008, 6:44am

Remember that there is always industrial espionage. Maybe the plane looks the same, because it IS the same. Say like the Tu-4 Bull. Australia has done it with the AA-5 Centaur/Fiat Cr 35. Or maybe the plane just looks similar, but is a totally different beast.

Sunday, July 27th 2008, 6:49am

I'm not really fond of that unless scripted by the player unfortunate enough to have their design copied.

Friday, August 1st 2008, 10:51am

Redesign

After some discussions about the drawing (looks a little bit too much russian than chinese (with german help), the drawing is changed. Hope is now okay for everyone.

GA-1
Guizhou Aviation Industry
Type: medium bomber

Engine:
Two 1,100 hp ( 821 kW) M-88B inline pistons (corrected)

Speed / ceiling / range:
max Speed: 430 km/h;
max ceiling: 9 700 m
max range: 3 800 km
Climb Rate 886 ft/min (270 m/min)

Weight:
Empty Weight 13,228 lb ( 6000 kg)
Maximum Take-off Weight 22,046 lb ( 10000 kg)

Dimensions:
wingspan 21,44 m;
length 14,80 m;
wingarea 66,70 m²

Armament (Defensive):
1 x 12.7mm machine gun in nose position
1 x 12.7mm machine gun on the top

Bombload:
Maximum bomb load (short range): up to 2500kg
or
3 x 500kg torpedoes in place of bombs.
or
2 x 940kg torpedoes in place of bombs

Crew:
4 men

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "parador" (Aug 1st 2008, 12:56pm)

Friday, August 1st 2008, 12:29pm

Looking at the picture, the engines are pretty clearly in-line engines, rather than radials.