You are not logged in.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Saturday, March 1st 2008, 4:12pm

New Movie - The Gustloff

Hi there...

A movie about the liner Gustoff and her sinking - the largest catastrophy at sea ever (8000-9000 killed) - was made and will be shown in German television within the next days. It´s a mix between documentary and movie they say.

Here is a link allowing to play around with a 3D-model of the ship and get some movie information and features. It´s all German but you may find it interesting anymay. Move your mouse to move the ship.

Enjoy,

HoOmAn

Saturday, March 1st 2008, 5:26pm

Thanks for the info. Good thing that I can watch the ZDF programs here. I just hope that I don't forget about it.

Wednesday, March 5th 2008, 9:09pm

Your thoughts on it, Hoo? I thought it was pretty good.

Definitely worse than the Titanic (the disaster).
Definitely a lot better than Titanic (the Movie)... but that is my opinion.

Also, today I saw something on National Geographic about the worst maritime disasters (Gustloff, Steuben and Goya) with Dr. Ballard.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Mar 5th 2008, 9:09pm)

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, March 5th 2008, 10:47pm

I wasn´t aware Ballard ever did something on those liners. How was it? What was the message? I´m always a bit suspicious when Ballard is involved...

Regarding the Gustloff movie - I sadly missed part 1. So I saw only half of the story but what I saw looked quite good and relaistic. Probably even too much so. I have to admit, everytime I see people be caught under water struggle to get some air I have to switch channels.... Call me weak but there are things I just don´t like to see - knowing it´s all fake doesn´t help much.

Have you also seen the documentary they send after part 2? When the eyewitnesses were interviewed etc.?