You are not logged in.

Tuesday, February 1st 2005, 3:49pm

Quoted

The only other works that I can think of that is producing 10"/50 cal is a Czekoslovokian arms, originally for the Philiapines

There is also the Italian 10"/50 weapon from 1922.

Tuesday, February 1st 2005, 4:12pm

Quoted

The Atlantian gun stats are against an armour qualty of 1.00.

Well, then; comparing apples to apples:

U.S. gun - EC IZ ~8250-22,000 yards (spread 13750 yds)

Atl gun - EC IZ - ~8300-22,600 yards (spread 14300 yds)

Tuesday, February 1st 2005, 8:14pm

Hmmm....those numbers give me some hope for the Mark IV and V eight inch guns now being designed.

Wednesday, February 2nd 2005, 2:20am

Yes it does. The Atlantian guns give a good punch at slightly farther range (up to 8,300 yards) than the American guns, but the American guns can do better at long range.

I think the Italian 8 inch/53 cal was better in some respects (heavier shell without going over what my cruiser could handle without a redesign), but would likely give the Chilean problems later with the higher wear of the barrels and likely a wider dispertion pattern. The Atlantian gun's shell is a little too light for the Tylor, as it was originally designed for 210mm cannon, but would suit the lighter designs.

(We already have two types of 8 inch in stock (40 cal and 45 cal)...lets add to the collection. These ships are designed to replace the ships that mount the older guns. (O'Higgins mounts the 8"/45 cal while the Blanco and Esmeralda have the 8"/40 cal).)

Sunday, February 6th 2005, 5:29am

Payment for arms.

Chile would like to finalize discussions as soon as possible for the purchase of American 8"/55 cal cannons. Chile needs 16 barrels at this time, plus the option for more, as spares or on a second Tylor-class vessel. Deliver is required by December of 1927 at the latest for the initial purchase of 16 barrels. If the Americans wish to build the turrets as well, the design of said turrets must be given to the Shipwrights no later than December of 1926 so that the ship can be properly fitted and prepared for there delivery by December of 1927. At this time the Chileans had intended to construct the turrets themselves.

Chile would then like to discuss plans for possible use of the Atlantian 8"/50 cal cannons of future cruiser projects, or some other form of project that the Atlantians might like to make as an endeavor.

Sunday, February 6th 2005, 6:47am

The United States is prepared at this time to sell the required naval rifles to the Chilean Government. We shall also provide your shipwrights with all necessary information so that they may be properly incorporated into the Tylor. Sufficient ammunition will also be provided and if desired, assistance can be provided to the domestic Chilean ammunition industry so they may begin to produce their own stockpiles.