You are not logged in.

Doug Wise

Unregistered

Wednesday, February 8th 2006, 1:32am

Persia Q4/29

Persia’s Naval Developments – Q4/ 1929

Industrial Allocation

0/2 factories producing warship material = 0 t. 0t stockpiled materials available.

1/2 factories are dedicated to producing infrastructure materials = 0.1 pts + 0.1 pts bonus =0.2 pts

1/2 factories are producing infrastructure materials = 0.1 pts

Total points available = 0.3

Infrastructure Development

Factory Three: 0.3 pts allocated this quarter for 0.3 pts total (3% Complete)

Naval Construction

Bandar-e Abbas
S1: idle
S0: idle
D2: idle
D0: idle
D0: idle

Bandar-e Anzali
S1: idle
D1: idle

Transactions

None

Other Notes

None

Updated Order of Battle

Completed (Under Repair or Refit) + Under Construction

Gunboats 2(0) + 0
Torpedo Boats 2(0) + 0
Minesweepers 1(0) + 0

Just a sample…is this correct?

Wednesday, February 8th 2006, 2:32am

Looks about right.

(The GB and MS came from the 1924 Jane's...wonder if the Shah had a royal yacht by this point?)

Wednesday, February 8th 2006, 1:34pm

I can't help but think that investing in another factory doesn't make much sense. You are able to pay 1.0IP maximum into the project, which means that it will take 10 years until you get your new factory. Maybe better to invest it in warships or slipways/drydocks.

Wednesday, February 8th 2006, 2:18pm

It's certainly a long-term strategy, unless the Shah can get a foreign investor (or rules are added to allow for oil revenues to be plowed into what the sim calls factories).

Wednesday, February 8th 2006, 2:29pm

I have to agree with RA, When Denmark built it's 11th factory, I had to suspend most of my building for 18+ months, and that was starting from a base 5 times greater than Persia's.

Build a large fleet of small ships, MTB's etc., to harass any attacker, while calling LOUDLY for help!

Wednesday, February 8th 2006, 2:29pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
It's certainly a long-term strategy, unless the Shah can get a foreign investor (or rules are added to allow for oil revenues to be plowed into what the sim calls factories).
If that were legal do You think that romania will have
5 factorys of 15?

Wednesday, February 8th 2006, 2:34pm

Heh, probably 15. Hmmmm. What's needed, I guess, at least for WesWorld II, is a way to separate available income from domestic production. Some countries, like modern Saudi Arabia for example, have lots of available income (at least when the oil market's high), but little domestic production capacity. They can buy weapons on the world market, but have little capability to make them at home. If Persia's oil resources are developed, then they'd be in the same boat: a fair amount of money, but domestic production is out, at least for a while.

Some conversion to the WW factory system could be possible: say an equivalent of 1,000 tons of income converts to 0.05 IP (half the IPs normally generated by domestic factories). That way, a resource-rich country could, if it WANTED to, boot-strap itself up, but it would be a long-term process and one that's more expensive than just buying things outright overseas.

Wednesday, February 8th 2006, 6:44pm

Persian factory construction

Paitence, grashoppas. There are Reasons...to be revealed in due time.

Wednesday, February 8th 2006, 8:14pm

Invade Saudi Arabia! Invade Afghanistan! Long live the Persian Empire!

Wednesday, February 8th 2006, 10:30pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Fyrwulf
Invade Saudi Arabia! Invade Afghanistan! Long live the Persian Empire!

That will be nice.A strong arab state is what the(wes)world neads.

Thursday, February 9th 2006, 12:15am

Well techincally the Persians are not Arabs... ;-)

Thursday, February 9th 2006, 12:19am

Quoted

Originally posted by Swamphen
Well techincally the Persians are not Arabs... ;-)

Crap Your right difrent etnic group.
Muslim nation then.

Thursday, February 9th 2006, 1:25am

We sort of have that in India at this time.

Thursday, February 9th 2006, 11:16am

I allways belived that india is buddist, oh well one more cant hurt

Thursday, February 9th 2006, 11:22am

Quoted

Originally posted by Swamphen
Paitence, grashoppas. There are Reasons...to be revealed in due time.

Don't tell me, the Philippinos after months of civil war will suddenly become generous and find the funs to help out?

Thursday, February 9th 2006, 2:22pm

For what it's worth, Wesworld India enjoys a strong co-existence between Hinduism (practiced by the majority) and Islam, with acceptance of other religions such as Buddhism. This is a holdover from the efforts of some of the more enlightened Mughal emperors who held power in the early history of the empire.

Thursday, February 9th 2006, 8:30pm

Hey Turkeys Muslim too! Allthough Mustafa Kemal may not be the most popular man with the radical elements...

Thursday, February 9th 2006, 8:36pm

Both true, but Turkey's not an Arab state either.

Friday, February 10th 2006, 12:43am

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
Both true, but Turkey's not an Arab state either.

I think that was his point. Can't be sure, but I think they're most Persian and Kurdish, although I could be horribly wrong about the former and there's actually a Turk ethnic group in the majority.

Friday, February 10th 2006, 1:38am

Well europian ethnic groups are a head ake(Turks are geograficly not part of europe but europe owes them more that it tjinks)Ugrofinland,germanic,nordish,slovian,romanians(just becose they were the only ones to survive the slovian onslougth)Greeks og to day are not the same ethic group that of the ancient times.So there You go.