You are not logged in.

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 8:12pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10

Quoted

Certainly trade could be carried on with barter, but such terms of trade would go against the Chinese, and Chinese gold and silver reserves can only be so large. Would anyone extend them credit?

Yakuza Boss Japan: "We'd like to have some insurances, Mr. China. A few of your cities would do nicely. That way if you can't pay, we'd still get money." :)

As reprehensible as they may be, the Yakuza are eminently practical people - they will only deal with those who have some form of worthwhile collateral. 8)

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 8:58pm

Hey detaining was only because the Chinese decided to slap tariffs on the US for no reason! That's what a bad boy US would do, which I thought some players wanted rather than lovey dovey.

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 9:34pm

Detaining nationals is the thing you do in the process of going to war, usually. I think you meant expell (by revoking visas and such), as others have pointed out.

Likewise, expelling an ambassador is a thing you do right before war. Recalling your own for "consultations" and just not seeing their ambassador is the usual move when expressing your distaste, but stopping short of war (Canada has done this frequently in response to poor treatment by various powers over the years).

Friday, September 13th 2013, 4:26am

I will admit, I was having a bit of fun with playing a "bad boy Mr Nasty US" today. However, despite claims to the contrary that folks want more conflict and tension in Wesworld, no one seems to care about a Bad US, so I will give the real US response.

Oct 1st, 1943

The United States raises tariffs to 101% on all Chinese goods originating in or coming from China.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TheCanadian" (Sep 13th 2013, 4:34am)

Friday, September 13th 2013, 4:36am

Nice, I like to see a more badboy USA. Why don't you play USA Jong-Style and sink the freighters coming from or destined to China? And shoot the detainees.

Friday, September 13th 2013, 4:36am

Quoted

Originally posted by TheCanadian
The United States raises tariffs to 101% on all Chinese goods originating in or coming from China.

"My tariff is bigger than yours"? :P

Friday, September 13th 2013, 4:44am

Hehehe, I wonder how much money there is to be made transshipping goods... Time to start talking to all those prohibition runners.

Friday, September 13th 2013, 4:50am

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
Hehehe, I wonder how much money there is to be made transshipping goods... Time to start talking to all those prohibition runners.

Ask the Okura-gumi Four now doing time in New Bilibid Prison... :P

Friday, September 13th 2013, 4:51am

Hmm, I wonder if I should blacklist all ships calling on Chinese ports and double the custom agents at the ports in that case.

@Brock. I'm playing the US. From my limited time there, the phrase "bigger is better" does seem to apply. :)