You are not logged in.

Monday, March 19th 2007, 11:40pm

Pictorial: Milano Aviation Review

The imposing display does not, by any means, idicate the size of the exhibition, for, quite apart from the hundereds of yard of accessory stands there in anither great hall of aircraft and engines.In the section shown may be descrived three Fiats (left) and German offering (right). The unfriendly looking aeroplane in the central picture above is the Caproni C.a135 bomber.The camouflage scheme is a multi-coloured one consisting of red, grey, yellow and green.

The Romeo Ro.51 fighter on left is one of the few military models with a fixed undercarriage. Beyond is the Breda 82 bomber, wich the makers say, is as fast as a Blenheim.

The Piaggio P.32 bomber (left) has a peculiar high-lift device permitting a strikingly short span. On the right the golden Breda 65 fighter-attack machine is caught taking off at a very tail-up attitude.

Tha Caproni Ca.134 is the latest word in Italian military biplanes. Inteded for army co-operation, it has twin rudders, an outlandish undercarriage and a 900 h.p. Isotta-Fraschini.

A particulary welcome exhibit is the Heinkel He.112 fighter, a diminutive projectile which does about 300 m.p.h. carrying two Oerlikon "cannons" and a pair of machines guns. The engine is an inverted -vee Junkers Jumo 210 Ea of 685 (max.) h.p.

The projection of so much rear armament on the Junkers Ju. 86K bomber is deplorable aesthetically and aerodynamically. The "dustbin" would be more at home in a museum than on such a fine bombing machine.

In the foreground of the right-hand view is the little S.A.I.3 two-seater with the S.A.I.2 cabin machine beyond. The flying boat is the new macchi MC99 bomber-reconnaissance machine with a pair of Isotta Assos of 750 h.p. each.

The Savoia Marchetti S.79 (trhee Alfa-built Pegasus) is on the right. In the background is the new Savoia S.83 transport developed from the S.79 desing. This is said to be good for nearly 270 m.p.h.

----------------------------------------------------

Originally from Flight magazine October 1937. I think I've weeded out most of the machines that don't exist in WW.

Tuesday, March 20th 2007, 2:00am

Very cool. :)

Siam is interested in the Ca 134... 8)

Tuesday, March 20th 2007, 5:53am

Nice!

Is that a DC-2 I see and a G-50?

Whats that German plane right above the aerei-italiani.net sign?

Tuesday, March 20th 2007, 9:50am

Actually its a Fiat G.18 not a DC-2

I don't know what that plane is. I can't think of any small twins like that.

More photos of the Ca 134.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Red Admiral" (Mar 20th 2007, 9:51am)

Tuesday, March 20th 2007, 4:13pm

I think the small German twin might be an Ago Ao 92 transport.
Ao 92, first flight 1936, dimensions 13.54/11.35/3.65/25.04m2, engines 2x270hp Argus As 10E, max speed 217mph, range 684 miles, 2 crew and 6 passengers

Data from my huge spreadsheet of unusual and little-known aircraft.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hood" (Mar 20th 2007, 4:14pm)