You are not logged in.

Wednesday, July 7th 2004, 7:36pm

AWNR:J Q3, 1922

Running WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY behind of schedule. Need to do some catching up...
^_^;;

========================================

Monday July 3, 1922
1 USD = 140.96 Yen, +1.61 Yen
1 Ryo = 3.91 USD, - 0.03 USD
Today, the Shogun agreed to fully fund the expedition of Archaeologist Howard Cater in Egypt. During previous years, the cost was split between the Shogun (at request of his greedy treasure-seeking wife) and George Edward Stanhope Molyneux Herbert, 5th Lord of Carnarvon and Baron Porchester of Highclere. With the tragic death of Lord Carnarvon earlier this year, part of Carter’s funding vanished. Carter’s next season in the Valley of the Kings will start around the beginning of November.

Friday July 7, 1922
Kyoto SEAASP: 46 points, + 1 points

Monday July 10, 1922
1 USD = 139.59 Yen, - 1.37 Yen
1 Ryo = 3.94 USD, + 0.03 USD

Friday July 14, 1922
Kyoto SEAASP: 45 points, - 1 points

Monday July 17, 1922
1 USD = 140.81 Yen, + 1.22 Yen
1 Ryo = 3.91 USD, - 0.03 USD

Friday July 21, 1922
Kyoto SEAASP: 47 points, + 2 points

Monday July 24, 1922
1 USD = 144.38 Yen, + 3.57 Yen
1 Ryo = 3.86 USD, - 0.05 USD

Friday July 28, 1922
Kyoto SEAASP: 49 points, + 2 points
Reports have come through that some days ago, various damaged ships of our nation entered the ports of Ryojun and Dairen in Chosen and the ports of Kaoshiun and Tahei in Formosa. No one can give an exact date as to when they arrived there and what happened. The Government of Japan has asked the governments of Chosen and Formosa for permission to have the damaged ships repaired there in exchange for a generous payment.

Monday July 31, 1922
1 USD = 145.81 Yen, + 1.43 Yen
1 Ryo = 3.86 USD, + 0 USD

Friday August 4, 1922
Kyoto SEAASP: 47 points, - 2 points
After long and many discussions that have taken months, Japan’s Minister of Defense, Ogara Ryouichi, and his colleagues from Formosa and Chosen, have signed the CFNCP (Chosen/Formosa Naval Construction Plan). No one has given any details on what ships Japan will build for the two nations, but it has been confirmed that Japan will buy the Okinoshima and Mishima back to have them converted into museum ships. It has been determined that the Okinoshima go to the city of Hiroshima and the Mishima to the city of Nagoya. In order to pay for the two battleships as well for the repairs of the various Japanese ships in Chosen and Formosa, Japan will use its Asama Cruisers as payment. (OOC: let me say that again: as payment)

Monday August 7, 1922
1 USD = 134.55 Yen, - 11.26 Yen
1 Ryo = 3.84 USD, - 0.02 USD
Today’s birthday: Princess Fami

Friday August 11, 1922
Kyoto SEAASP: 48 points, + 1 points
It has been notified that the pirate activity has substantially decreased, although there is still the occasional report of piracy in the area. However no one wants to confirm this.

Sunday August 13, 1922
Today is the first day of the Kendo Summer Tournament. Terada Fushige, captain of the battleship HIJMS Fuso, starts the Spring Tournament, like the Winter and Spring Tournament, as the “Senshuken” while the Kurôto Akaibara Yayoko again starts the Tournament as Champion. If she succeeds in winning 40 points or more and win the Tournament, she can acchieve the Kengô rank.

Monday August 14, 1922
1 USD = 145.22 Yen, + 10.67 Yen
1 Ryo = 3.85 USD, + 0.01 USD

Friday August 18, 1922
Kyoto SEAASP: 51 points, + 3 points

Monday August 21, 1922
1 USD = 143.23 Yen, - 1.99 Yen
1 Ryo = 3.74 USD, - 0.11 USD

Friday August 25, 1922
Kyoto SEAASP: 53 points, + 2 points

Monday August 28, 1922
1 USD = 134,32 Yen, - 8.91 Yen
1 Ryo = 3.87 USD, + 0.13 USD
Kengô Senshuken Terada Fushige, Kengô Gosamu Anzai Kengô Omakuro Mutsushi and the defending champion Kurôto Akaibara Yayoko all have reached the finals, tomorrow.

Tuesday August 29, 1922
Terada Fushige showed the excellent form he is in by reaching the finals with clean victories where he, just like last tournament, faced Akaibara Yayoko. This time he was more aggressive and took more chances than last tournament. He managed to win all three rounds, crushing Yayoko’s chances to become Kengô after the tournament.
Yayoko: Total defeat. T_T

Friday September 1, 1922
Kyoto SEAASP: 54 points, + 1 points

Monday September 4, 1922
1 USD = 131.02 Yen, - 3.30 Yen
1 Ryo = 3.93 USD, + 0.06 USD

Friday September 8, 1922
Kyoto SEAASP: 53 points, - 1 points

Monday September 11, 1922
1 USD = 132.80 Yen, + 1.78 Yen
1 Ryo = 3.91 USD, - 0.02 USD
Today’s birthday: Nakamura Mieko

Tuesday September 12, 1922
A serious train accident, about 30 kilometers north of Edo, disrupted most train traffic to the north. The accident happened under foggy conditions when the southbound Niigata-Edo Express Train collided head-on with the northbound Honshu Express Train near the town of Shiraoka, this morning at about 8:30.
At this moment, it is not known how this could happen on the double track route. The number of casualties is also unknown, but it was said that there were quite a few passengers aboard both trains at that time.
The only trains heading North are those along the Tateyama-Sendai Coastal Line. For the time being, travelers to the north are advised to take the Edo-Hitachi Line and change in Hitachi onto the Tateyama-Sendai Line.

Wednesday September 13, 1922
Today’s birthday: Oonishi Manzo
For his Birthday today, Oonishi Manzo received from Mitsubishi their new 1MF5 fighter. We expect that the skies over the Empire will once again become unsafe once Manzo takes off in his new plane.

Friday September 15, 1922
Kyoto SEAASP: 51 points, - 2 points

Monday September 18, 1922
1 USD = 135.25 Yen, + 2.45 Yen
1 Ryo = 3.93 USD, + 0.02 USD

Wednesday September 20, 1922
Today’s birthday: Akaibara Yayoko

Friday September 22, 1922
Kyoto SEAASP: 52 points, + 1 points
The preliminary report of the Shiraoka Rail Accident was released today. Investigation shows that the Honshu express was running with a 10-minute delay. Normally, when the Niigata-Edo Expess Train reaches the point where the Niigata-Edo track joins the Sendai-Edo track, the Honshu express should have passed that point 10 minutes earlier. Also, a train coming from Niigata travels on the northbound track for a short distance before moving to the southbound track. It is quite possible that the Honshu Express Machinist missed the slow signal due to the fog and once he reached the stop signal, it was already too late.
The accident last week killed about 160 people and injured many more.

Monday September 25, 1922
1 USD = 134.69 Yen, - 0.56 Yen
1 Ryo = 4.00 USD, + 0.07 USD

Friday September 29, 1922
Kyoto SEAASP: 50 points, - 2 points

Saturday September 30, 1922
Today’s Birthday: Princess Tsune

I 'created' the Shiraoka Rail Accident based on the 1962 Harmelen train accident. I have traveled over that section of track numerous times when I went to Utrecht, but I never realized that there had been a very serious train accident there in the 60s until recently.

Wednesday, July 7th 2004, 8:14pm

Yayoko’s Personality of the World.
Name: Nakamura Maeko
Nickname: Maeko-chan, Maeko-dono (which is used rather than 'Maeko-sama')
Born: 9/11/1896 Kyoto
Lives: Edo (Musashi-ken, Edo-gun)
Height: 155 cm
Weight: 44 kg
Occupation: Special Representative of His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Shodahito.
Awards and Achievements:
Various ‘minor’ archaeological finds.

Konnichiwa. Watashi wa Akaibara Yayoko. Douzo Yoroshiku. *bows*
Greetings. I am Akaibara Yayoko. Pleased to meet you.
Welcome to another edition of my award-winning article “Yayoko’s Personality of the World”. This issue will feature one of the many (dangerous) ladies of the Empire: Lady Nakamura Maeko.

Yayoko: Haha! I’m three years your senior. ^_^
Maeko: (Shut up)
Yayoko: You made a list of things we should not mention… *looks at list* (boy, this will end up being a real short article) ^_^;;
Yayoko: Your occupation states that you are the Special Representative of the Emperor, but aren’t you also one of the emperor’s assa…
Maeko: *kicks Yayoko’s leg* (Don’t mention that! It’s on the list!)
Yayoko: Ouch!! (It is? Oh yes. Now I see it. Well, you are one of the Emperor’s assa…)
Meako: (hush!)
Yayoko: I meant special operative…
Maeko: You mean like you, killin…
Yayoko: *kicks Maeko’s leg* (Don’t mention that! People are not supposed to know that!)
Maeko: Ouch!! (Sorry, but you are the Kou…)
Yayoko: (hush!)
Maeko: … taking care of special business for the Shogun.
Yayoko: Something like that…
Maeko: Something like that…
Yayoko: I see… Something like that…
Maeko: Yes… Something like that…
*Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin*...................
Yayoko: Do you enjoy your job?
Maeko: You mean killing people?
Yayoko: … Weren’t we supposed not to mention that?
Maeko: Mention what?
Yayoko: The ‘K’ word.
Maeko: Well… I meant… killing people’s time.
Yayoko: I see…
Maeko: Otherwise they would be bored to death.
Yayoko: Might as well… ‘K’ them…
Maeko: Possibly…
Yayoko: Right…
Maeko: Right…
Yayoko: Your thoughts about your reckless brother-in-law?
Maeko: You mean Manzo?
Yayoko: Yes.
Maeko: Don’t want to talk about that fool. Forgot to write that on the list.
Yayoko: What’s your view of the Cleito Treaty? You agreed to sign it, but what do you really think.
Maeko: NASTY… I’ll wait and see. If it becomes an obstacle, I guess we’ll just pull out.
Yayoko: What… about India’s 1920 As Salif campaign? It is rumored that you and your brothers and sisters were also involved in that campaign…
Maeko: I know of nothing. Where is this As Salif anyway.
Yayoko: Where the Japanese warships went… in 1920… to Help the Indian Navy…
Maeko: I heard something like that, but I have no idea what you are talking about.
Yayoko: (You did get that bastard, right?)
Maeko: (Naturally. Shoda Onii-san did a good job with him. The bombardments made sure there were no obvious signs. Wonder what he did with that head…)
Yayoko: (Rumors have it that he sent it in a package to the Raj, but that has not been confirmed)
Maeko: (I see…)
Yayoko: ^_^;; (This is getting us nowhere. Nothing I can talk about that is not on the list. I’d better finish this)
Yayoko: Any final words to the fans out there?
Maeko: I do hope that anyone that is interested will visit Chiyoda-jo or Edo-jo as it is also called. Although (as you all may know) part of the castle is closed to visitors, there still are many things to be seen in the parts that are open to visitors. There are also many other great things to see, not only in Edo, but in the whole Empire.
Yayoko: What about all the Maeko goodies that are out there??
Maeko: Well, I don’t want to bore everyone to death with all that stuff (like you did in your own section)… but for those interested… blah blah blah…
*goes on for half an hour*
Maeko: … and all are available at the Chiyoda-jo souvenir shop.
Yayoko: …
Maeko: … or any good store in Edo.
Yayoko: The end…
Maeko: I guess so…
Yayoko: I need to make a proper article next time…
Maeko: Yes, you do. (This one is probably one of the worst you ever did)
Yayoko: I did receive this invitation from Atlantis the other day. Guess I’d better go there and see if I can get a more reasonable article for the next quarter…
Maeko: Ja ne minna! ^_^
Yayoko: (You know, I have heard rumors that you switched the real Cleito treaty for a copy, and the real one is on display in Chiyoda-jo...)
Maeko: (Be quiet!)

Ganbare, Yayoko!
Go, Go, AWNR: Nihon Suta Ripo-ta!
Ja ne! ^_^

From http://www.geocities.com/twin_spires/subti03.html

Quoted

SHIIN – The sound of silence. The Japanese language has a lot of sound-effects words, which can be inserted into conversation far more easily than sound effects slide into English sentences. Most are easy to translate, while a few others - such as "toki doki" (the sound of a heartbeat) and "nyan nyan" (the noise a cat makes) can have additional implications not easily conveyed. In my opinion "shiin" has to be the grand master of such words. Often with the "i" sound incredibly drawn out, it does not represent a sound being made, but rather the absence of any sound whatsoever. On rare occasions characters may say the word to indicate they are keeping silent, it might appear as a word floating in the air, or it may even be heard on the sound track as a humorous indication of silence

Note that I used more ‘i's to get the idea of that ‘"i" sound incredibly drawn out’ bit.

Chiyoda-jo (also Edo-jo): Edo castle. Home of the Shogun.
Onii-san: elder brother

Wednesday, July 7th 2004, 9:03pm

What a train-wreck of a conversation.

Very nicely done. Just stop giving away state secrets, okay?

J

Wednesday, July 7th 2004, 11:00pm

Quoted

Very nicely done. Just stop giving away state secrets, okay?

Secrets? What state secrets? We are the good guys. We have absolutely no secrets. We have nothing to hide from the rest of the world.
^_^

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, July 8th 2004, 9:05am

Yeah!

Manzo is back!

Wonder what he try next and how long his present will survive......?!

Regards,

HoOmAn