You are not logged in.

Thursday, October 13th 2005, 1:02pm

Quoted

oh the advantages of the 5 channels avaliable on terestial in the UK, not too many infomercials here

Five! You lucky person - here, we can't get Five (not that that's a great loss).

In fact, I know a few folks don't have TV at all, and periodically tell them that they're not missing much.

RLBH

Thursday, October 13th 2005, 2:05pm

I have one channel. I make a point of not watching it. It would keep me from the more important things I have to do.

Thursday, October 13th 2005, 3:58pm

Threadjackers!

I watch the occasional NASCAR, or even CART/IRL, race. Other than that I have no use for the tube.

Thursday, October 13th 2005, 4:04pm

Quoted

Threadjackers!

I know. But I didn't start it, and God knows it's not the first time it's happened.

Umm...

20 x 20mm seems like a lotta light flak for a 1928 destroyer, even in Wesworld.

(There, ya happy Swampy?)

Thursday, October 13th 2005, 4:28pm

No, not happy

Give me $20,000 or the thread gets it!
XD

Thursday, October 13th 2005, 4:58pm

Having done more research, the Oerlikon 20mm machine guns were designed in 1914 so would be useable on this design

Thursday, October 13th 2005, 6:32pm

In the very beginning of Wesworld, I was looking both at the 40mm and 20mm as weapons I would use. Navweaps give the Oerlikon date of design as 1939 and the Bofors date of design as 1936.
Of course that does not mean that a 20mm Oerlikon is not around in the 1920s. Probably a predecessor of the one we know from WW2. You got a link somewhere on it?

And back to the O.T. part...

Quoted

I watch the occasional NASCAR, or even CART/IRL, race.

I assume that you also watch the big one then? (Indianapolis 500)
I think that both races at Indianapolis were quite interesting this year, especially the F1 fiasco.
^_^

Channels I watch (here in Holland or on holiday in Canada):
Discovery, Animal Planet, NGC, Space Channel, History Channel, Speed Channel.
Of course the PS2-Channel and X-Box-Channel, too.
And let's not forget the Wesworld Channel that is available only via internet.
:-)

Thursday, October 13th 2005, 11:43pm

Quoted

I assume that you also watch the big one then? (Indianapolis 500)
I think that both races at Indianapolis were quite interesting this year, especially the F1 fiasco.
^_^

Did see the 500...did not see the Formula Schumacher race.
XD

michalbomb

Unregistered

Friday, October 14th 2005, 7:34am

Talkin about AA guns. Since the project is dated 1928 nobody would put at that tine more than two 2 pdr Vickers guns. This was the time of "A" class in UK, the Fubuki had, besides questionable DP 127 mm main guns, only two 13.2 mm MG! In the late 20-ies proper AA armament didn't count too much. In any case no destroyer would pack two quadruple 40 mm pompoms. The mount's weight was easily comparable with a single 120 mm.

Friday, October 14th 2005, 7:02pm

Thanks.
(Making note: check out Wikipedia more often)

Looking at the "Oerlikon 20 mm cannon" link, it does appear to be the same gun, although it was only in the 1930s that it started to be used at AAMGs on warships. Since the gun already exists, it wouldn't surprise me if this gun would become available sooner here in the Wesworld.