You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, March 25th 2012, 11:45pm

For commerce raiding, Panzerschiff are definitively too big & too expensive.
Light fast cruisers with 6x6" with long range give the same result.
6x6" cruisers could be use for other job too.

Jef ;)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Jefgte" (Mar 25th 2012, 11:45pm)

Monday, March 26th 2012, 12:24am

Quoted

Originally posted by BruceDuncan
Regarding the panzerschiff, the only thing that immediately jumps out at me is the block coefficient. I'm no expert on this one, but a BC of .420 seems awfully knife edge for a 28,000 ton ship.

I concur.

Monday, March 26th 2012, 1:02am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Quoted

Originally posted by BruceDuncan
Regarding the panzerschiff, the only thing that immediately jumps out at me is the block coefficient. I'm no expert on this one, but a BC of .420 seems awfully knife edge for a 28,000 ton ship.

I concur.

As do I.

In case anyone here is actually unaware of what the BC represents, a small lesson (mainly because I'm bored).

BC represents the area of a rectangular pool of water that is the same length, beam, and depth of the ship in question that would be occupied by the hull of that ship from the waterline to the keel. The lower the BC the more "V" shaped the hull becomes in general, though hull forms that have very sharp, pointed bow/stern tend to limit this effect somewhat. In it's most basic form, the BC is the percentage of the rectangular pool that is occupied by the hull of the ship if one lowered it into the pool.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Sachmle" (Mar 26th 2012, 1:03am)

Monday, March 26th 2012, 3:28pm

Either that or someone blew a huge hole into the ship. :)

Monday, March 26th 2012, 8:21pm

I just throw around various designs ,some maybe interesting ,some feasible,some totally "cuckoo",SS2 is a fun program. :D :D

Monday, March 26th 2012, 9:31pm

Quoted

Originally posted by ledeper
I just throw around various designs ,some maybe interesting ,some feasible,some totally "cuckoo",SS2 is a fun program. :D :D

You bet. some of the designs I come up with are crazy but still fun to try and work out.

Doesn's matter if the design isn't practical, it just doesn't get built.