You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, May 15th 2003, 1:09pm

Saved thread - I was wondering...

Rooijen10
Spammer wanna be
(4/11/03 3:57:44 pm)
I was wondering...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is also an "Aircraft Design" and "Land Equipment Design" section.
Is there anything like springstyle out there for Aircraft and/or Land Equipment, or do we just use slightly altered existing data for them ?

Walter

Admkuznetsov
Spammer wanna be
(4/11/03 7:24:52 pm)
Re: I was wondering...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For aircraft there's Rick Robinson's "Planebuilder"

Rick Robinson's page

Its an EXCEL spreadsheet simulation of airplane parameters.

I've also gone on to use his "Big Gun" artillery simulator for my warship designs.

Visit my Russian/French fantasy fleet page:
admkuznetsov.tripod.com

aowwt
Administrator
(4/11/03 11:38:23 pm)
i been working on a simulator that would do a ship design, aircraft design and a vehicle design. Although the ship design is high on my priorities i am having troubles finding data. But thats a problem i will have to solve on my own. As for the aircraft i have been talking to rick about making that into a normal windows type program. Sooner or later i will get these projects done. If you have any more questions regarding this please feel free to give me a howler.
Lessons for modern warfare:
"human intel is necessary, always be on the look out, and expect the unexpected"

Come to the Wargamer Forum at JPs Panzers Board

Rooijen10
Spammer wanna be
(4/12/03 4:12:26 am)
I'm familiar with the "Planebuilder" worksheet...
... and I have messed around with it. I guess it'll have to do for now to see if it'll fly. For the posted data I'll stick to original planes.

The "Big Gun" simulator is something I know as well, though at this moment I only have the two types of 14 inch guns for my battleships.

Walter

thesmilingassassin
Spammer wanna be
(4/13/03 10:11:37 pm)
springstyle
I'm still trying to figure out how to get the fancy version of springstyle and not the dos version.

thesmilingassassin
Spammer wanna be
(4/17/03 7:39:41 pm)
as for vehicles...
.... I don't think we really need a simulator to design them. Vehicles unlike aircraft are not that advanced. lets say we design a tank. All we have to do is list its basic charactoristics, like gun caliber, armor thickness, engine horse power, suspention type, top speed and if posible weight, dementions and crew numbers. It would be cool if we had a website we could put all our pictures of weapons that we have designed.