You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, December 20th 2011, 11:04pm

Empresa Nacional de Aeronáutica de Chile (ENAER)

Empresa Nacional de Aeronáutica de Chile (ENAER)

Factories:
- ENAER Norte: Original maintenance shops and factory located on the west side of Santiago, near the Santiago Airport. Also includes ENAER headquarters and design facilities. The ENAER Norte factory builds B1E Caracara bombers at a rate of six per month.
- ENAER Oriente: Factory on the west side of Santiago producing parts for ENAER Norte.
- ENAER Concepción: Factory in Concepción producing major parts for Coati, Alicanto, and Corsario production, as well as conducting aircraft maintenance. This facility manufactures Coatis when there are orders, but in most cases concentrates solely on maintenance and parts production. It also produces Coati knock-down kits for Brazil.
- ENAER Sur: Large factory built 1936-1938 in Puerto Montt, originally intended to manufacture Argentine I-01 Buchons; this facility now manufactures F4Es and B1E at a rate of nine per month.

Design Staff:

Aircraft:
- ENAER F1E Buchon: license-built Argentine I-01 Buchon fighter (1938-1939).
- ENAER F2E Pulqui: license-built Argentine I-02 Pulqui fighter (1939-1940).
- ENAER F3E / R1E / B1E Caracara: license-built and modified Petlyakov Pe-2/Pe-3bis fighter (1939).
- ENAER F4E Corsario: license-built Chance-Vought F4U Corsair (1941-).
- ENAER TB1E Alicanto: Torpedo bomber / dive bomber developed jointly with Accrisius.
- ENAER Zafiro: Basic trainer and utility aircraft, enters production February 1942.
- ENAER N1E-3 Coati: advanced combat trainer (1936).

Aircraft in production.
Aircraft in development.