You are not logged in.

Tuesday, November 15th 2011, 8:55pm

Theiving BAR-STEWARDS!!!!!!!

Phone call in work today at about 17:15
Phonewatch (alarm monitoring co.), alarm is going off at home.
Can't raise neighbour, can't get out of work until 18:00
Fractured a few speed limits on the way home, praying all the way that the cat has jumped into the window to set it off.....

Pull into the drive to see the Sitting room window jimmied open
Looks like they didn't get inside though.
Cops have been, Scene of Crime guys due in the morning.

But now, I have to start looking at new windows before Christmas.

I SOOOOO want to find the f%$ker that did this, and introduce him repeatedly to Betsy, my old metal softball bat........

No matter where you live, check your locks, doors and windows folks!!!!

Tuesday, November 15th 2011, 9:05pm

That stinketh almightily.

Not much breaking and entering in my neighborhood. Too many cops live close by, and too many people have shotguns, for criminals to risk it. The criminals mostly stick to the Mexican quarter of town - there's fewer people with guns, and there's less chance of getting shot by someone the Police will pat on the back for taking out a criminal.

Tuesday, November 15th 2011, 9:06pm

It never stops amazing me the gaule some people have entering another persons home like they own the place, I share your sentiment Mac and I have a half dozen hockey sticks that don't get much use that could find a new role as a bludgening instrament if someone did that to me! Here in Vancouver most houses come complete with stylish window bars and sturdy locks.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Uh, bad news..... Glad they did not get in.

For my Lady it is a permanent issue when thinking of our nouse. Next summer, when we move to the place, I will acceot an offer by our local poice to check what can be done for more security. They offer this for no costs and often easy things can be done at low costs that help a lot to keep those criminals out.

Noooooooooooooooo!!! You can't do that to poor Betsy. You'll be accused of assaulting a defensless metal softball bat with a f%$ker. :D

Just "borrow" a tank from the Limeys and use it to run over the f%$ker. In the end the Limeys will be blamed for the *ahem* "accident". :)

Tuesday, November 15th 2011, 9:19pm

RE: Theiving BAR-STEWARDS!!!!!!!

Quoted

Originally posted by Commodore Green
I SOOOOO want to find the f%$ker that did this, and introduce him repeatedly to Betsy, my old metal softball bat........

Do it with a proper Bellatrix snap and you will not need to do it repeatedly. One should suffice. 8)

Tuesday, November 15th 2011, 10:17pm

....no no no.....hit the knee caps first......then you can explain to the perp in greeeeeat detail why he is sooooo screwed without him running off.

Tuesday, November 15th 2011, 11:04pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
....no no no.....hit the knee caps first......then you can explain to the perp in greeeeeat detail why he is sooooo screwed without him running off.

I wholly support this statement.

Glad they didn't get in and that nothing was taken.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Wednesday, November 16th 2011, 7:39am

What a PITA.
At least it seems they took fright and left.
Better fortune to you, and some "medicinal" libations may be in order to sooth your nerves.

Friday, November 18th 2011, 2:04am

Having had my family home broken into - rather successful, unfortunately, I can well understand your feelings Commodore Green.

This was quite a few years ago, and as a happy foot note, the idiots who did it did get caught by the police - as they'd stupidly left a knife behind that they's used to pry open a basement window with, and left their finger prints all over it! (We lost a lot of stuff, my mom particular lost a lot of jewelry, which she never got back).

Though I' m glad to hear you we're rather more fortunate not to have to go through. That said the feeling of being violated wheather or not the home robbery was pulled off, never really goes away.

Saturday, November 19th 2011, 12:21am

Got a quote for the replacement of the window....
[SIZE=4]2136.02 Euro [/SIZE] 8o 8o 8o

I am so glad i'm insured, but there goes the no-claims bonus! :rolleyes:

Saturday, November 19th 2011, 12:32am

Quoted

Originally posted by Commodore Green
Got a quote for the replacement of the window....
[SIZE=4]2136.02 Euro [/SIZE] 8o 8o 8o

I am so glad i'm insured, but there goes the no-claims bonus! :rolleyes:

Must be some fancy windows there... at the Euro/dollar conversion rate.