You are not logged in.

Sunday, January 29th 2012, 9:07pm

I mentioned the base back in 1936. Considering that we are not in the late 1950s and considering mechanical problems with equipment that is less realiabe than late 50s stuff and transport problems as well as the Polar winter, I really expect something like 2-3 seasons from start of the project to the point where it is taken in use by a bunch of idiots... I mean scientists.

Monday, January 30th 2012, 3:46am

Quoted

November 26, 1941

The fleet gathered at Etorofu Island left Hitokappu Bay today. There is no information regarding the fleet's mission or destination.

Fascinating 8)

Monday, January 30th 2012, 7:06am

Looks like someone knows the meaning of that. :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Jan 30th 2012, 7:06am)

Monday, January 30th 2012, 7:26am

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10

Pretty easy to find if you wiki 'Hitokappu Bay'. ;) (Incidentally, I knew, but didn't see any point responding to the saber noise.)

Monday, January 30th 2012, 5:47pm

....but it would be nice to know in what direction the aforementioned sabres are being rattled.

Monday, January 30th 2012, 5:50pm

Does Walter need a direction to rattle sabers? I figure he'd be happy to rattle them at everyone. :P

Monday, January 30th 2012, 6:18pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10

Pretty easy to find if you wiki 'Hitokappu Bay'. ;) (Incidentally, I knew, but didn't see any point responding to the saber noise.)

I picked up on it, too. I'm of two minds on the subject; OOC, it's obvious Walter's doing some manner of homage/tweaking. IC, the Japanese fleet just disappeared, which is something that should greatly concern numerous powers.

Monday, January 30th 2012, 6:31pm

I would think most folks would only start worrying if the IJN re-appeared.

Monday, January 30th 2012, 6:33pm

Disappearing seems to be standard operating procedure for the IJN...

Monday, January 30th 2012, 6:35pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
Disappearing seems to be standard operating procedure for the IJN...

Indeed - and then reappearing somewhere without enough fuel to get home! :D

Monday, January 30th 2012, 8:15pm

Quoted

I figure he'd be happy to rattle them at everyone.

*Rattles saber at pack of vicious, bloodthirsty Poodles*

Quoted

it's obvious Walter's doing some manner of homage/tweaking

I was looking for late 1941 stuff on wiki and that one stood out. :)

Quoted

IC, the Japanese fleet just disappeared, which is something that should greatly concern numerous powers.

I think that the numerous powers would be a lot more concerned if Manzo was the one who disappeared. Always wondering where he might pop up and do more damage to humanity...

... oh, wait. He's on one of those carriers. :D

Monday, January 30th 2012, 9:56pm

Well the Northern Sea Route is iced in

Quoted

I picked up on it, too. I'm of two minds on the subject; OOC, it's obvious Walter's doing some manner of homage/tweaking. IC, the Japanese fleet just disappeared, which is something that should greatly concern numerous powers.

and the IJN has't built numerous uber-long-range icebreakers, so the main Russian fleet base at Murmansk should be safe.