You are not logged in.

Monday, September 12th 2011, 10:41pm

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
Well, I had no problem copying it, I just could not link it.

To get a copy, I search for "noseart" in google and chose that thumbnail. It loaded, showing a thumbnail in the upper frame from google and the webpage in the lower frame. When left klicking on the thumbnail it opened the pic and I could easily right click it for a "save as" operation....

?

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, September 12th 2011, 10:44pm

See, works....... You resized it?

Monday, September 12th 2011, 10:45pm

I'm not really a fan of Cammy, but that's quite a nice pic of her. Of course now you have to redesignate the "X-BAB-3" to X-BABE-3" :D

Quoted

I'm guessing it's this, but it won't let me copy the pic

Not sure what happened to my computer during its time turned off, but for some reason it became a bit more buggy and my mouse buttons act a bit funny, reacting as if I am double clicking at times while I only press it once. Nice side effect is that because of that, I actually do get the right click menu with the save picture option on that page...

The Google option Hooman used works and alternatively, you could try with the <Alt> + <Print Scrn> option to rip it from a page.

Monday, September 12th 2011, 11:10pm

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
See, works....... You resized it?

I pulled a google thumbnail for it. The full-size isn't working, I suspect it's a problem on that site's end, not ours.

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
I'm not really a fan of Cammy, but that's quite a nice pic of her. Of course now you have to redesignate the "X-BAB-3" to X-BABE-3" :D

I like my women slim and leggy, so Cammy's the best of the Street Fighter bunch.

I've got a slew of Battlestations pinup art, but a lot of it us USN or USAAF derived. There's a couple generics, and a nice French one.

Quoted

Not sure what happened to my computer during its time turned off, but for some reason it became a bit more buggy and my mouse buttons act a bit funny, reacting as if I am double clicking at times while I only press it once.

Probably not your computer, just the mouse. Try cleaning it out, or replacing it.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, September 12th 2011, 11:12pm

Vargas is my favorite noseart artist. I have some of his stuff in my books and it´s really great. So I had to use that one when I saw it online.... :o)

(Edit: I got it full size from the page.... Funny thing.]

Tuesday, September 13th 2011, 12:55am

Full size

Tada!! Or should that be 'ta-ta'? Any'Hoo', here's the full size piccie.

Saturday, September 17th 2011, 11:58am

Update.

There are nine unclaimed slots left.
Although not everyone has confirmed choices yet, there are still five twin-engined slots left.

Monday, September 19th 2011, 7:05pm

Capitanos Barton and Sacconi will attend from the Scuola Bergamini in Italy. They will be flying Fiat Centauro Serie III which is the latest production type. The performance is similar to the previous Serie II but the agility at high speeds is markedly improved by the introduction of spring-tab ailerons and a revision to the power-assisted elevator.

Wednesday, September 21st 2011, 6:54am

The US claims two spots.

Wednesday, September 21st 2011, 9:25am

Japan claims 0 ("Zero") spots and sends the 11. Air Demonstration Squadron over for a few air displays.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Sep 21st 2011, 9:26am)

Tuesday, September 27th 2011, 6:15pm

Update.

Five entry spaces left.
Still five twin-engined spaces left. I might remove the twin-engined group if no-one else enters any.

Just Foxy, Jason and CG left to firm up their choices.

Tuesday, September 27th 2011, 6:21pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood
Update.

Five entry spaces left.
Still five twin-engined spaces left. I might remove the twin-engined group if no-one else enters any.

France puts a post-it note that says "Engine #2" on their entry Milan and re-enters it as a twin-engine plane. ;)

Tuesday, September 27th 2011, 6:39pm

Australia will be entering at least one twin, possibly two if the XP-54 clone with two merlins on a common shaft counts.

Tuesday, September 27th 2011, 7:20pm

Quoted

possibly two if the XP-54 clone with two merlins on a common shaft counts

Well, it says "twin engine" and nothing else. Nowhere does it make any mention that the twin engined plane needs to have two propellors. :)

Tuesday, September 27th 2011, 7:27pm

Quoted

Quoted

possibly two if the XP-54 clone with two merlins on a common shaft counts

Well, it says "twin engine" and nothing else. Nowhere does it make any mention that the twin engined plane needs to have two propellors. :)

I believe the Arsenal VB.10 from the 1938 Talons was counted as a twin - though it had contra-rotating propellers (and failed miserably).

Wednesday, September 28th 2011, 2:52am

If there is a twin-engined group, the US will send a twin engined plane. If there isn't one, then the US won't. :)

Wednesday, September 28th 2011, 11:12am

A twin-engined fighter does not have to be a 'twin' in the conventional sense. If a fighter has two engines in the fuselage, whether driving seperate driveshafts fore and aft (a la Do335) or contra-rotating props (a la VB-10) they count as twin-engined.

So yes Foxy's and Jasons twins are welcome additions!
(Sorry Brock post-it notes don't count but if you want to weld another Milan to the wing of the other to create a twin-fuselage Milan, or cut two Milans in half and weld them back-to-back then you'd have yourself a plane!)

Saturday, October 1st 2011, 4:04pm

I'm adding a Nordish team as they attend every year.

Group Captain Otto Larsen and Lieutenant Ilmari Juutilainen both flying Saab F-21 Mk1 fighters.

Thursday, October 20th 2011, 2:58pm

Entries for Talons are now closed.

The Competition has begun... :evil:

Friday, October 21st 2011, 1:18am

SWEET!!