You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, August 18th 2011, 6:59pm

Infanterie-Kampffahrzeug “Fuchs”

This vehicle has been offered to the Defence Ministry by the firm of Friedrich Krupp AG, Essen, as a private venture, as alternative to the Type 251 Medium Armoured Infantry Carrier. The new design shares the armoured body work of the Type 251, but instead of a complex semi-track arrangement features an all-wheel drive chassis derived from Krupp’s successful L2H143 light lorry. A larger engine – the Krupp M12a – delivers 110 horsepower, giving the “Fuchs” similar road performance to the Type 251.

Officials of the Ministry and the Army Ordnance Office have inspected the prototype and have asked to assess its potential for use by the Heer. Two prototypes have been delivered to the mechanised troops garrison at Jüterbog for testing.

Thursday, August 18th 2011, 8:21pm

Nice. I like the look of that.

Friday, August 19th 2011, 12:22am

Please pardon my occasionally juvenile sense of humor, but I can't help but picture the enemy seeing these coming and saying "Oh great, now we're Fuch-ed!"

Saturday, August 20th 2011, 11:09am

That looks pretty cool, a bit like a BTR-52.

Methinks Krupp has a winner, a cheaper alternative that's likey to please the German bean-counters to work alongside the 251 and a vechicle thats ripe for the export market.

Saturday, August 20th 2011, 12:27pm

I actually hadn't considered the export market when I decided to propose the vehicle; I'm not certain how strong the market would be for such a vehicle at this point in time. But it certainly would be a less expensive alternative to a semitrack for many of the world's armies.

Would Argentina want a demonstrator for evaluation? ;)

Saturday, August 20th 2011, 5:12pm

When I saw the name, I immediately got this image in my mind and even after seeing the image of your Fuchs, I still think of this... guess I can't help it. :)

Sunday, August 21st 2011, 2:31am

A few generations Walter, a few Generations...

:D

Wednesday, August 24th 2011, 2:49am

Actually... Bulgaria wouldn't mind a demonstrator.

Wednesday, August 24th 2011, 3:33am

The Bulgarian Military Attache is welcome to examine a prototype at the Krupp test facility at Meppen, and a demonstrator will be sent as soon as one can be completed - likely by mid-May. Will that suffice?

Wednesday, August 24th 2011, 3:34am

Certainly.

Wednesday, August 24th 2011, 8:35am

The Chinese ambassador sends a request to Krupp.

Wednesday, August 24th 2011, 1:05pm

Quoted

Originally posted by parador
The Chinese ambassador sends a request to Krupp.

The Chinese embassy is advised by Krupp and by the German Foreign Office that sales of military equipment to a belligerent is contrary to the neutrality policy of the German Government.

Wednesday, August 24th 2011, 3:34pm

China respects the neutrality policy of the german government and of course that Krupp won't sell any military equipment during the war. But China plans for the time after the war.

Wednesday, August 24th 2011, 4:51pm

Quoted

Originally posted by parador
China respects the neutrality policy of the german government and of course that Krupp won't sell any military equipment during the war. But China plans for the time after the war.

Upon conclusion of hostilities and the framing of a lasting peace Germany will consider all its policy options in the light of conditions prevailing at that time.