You are not logged in.

Wednesday, August 10th 2011, 4:15pm

Argentine Small Arms

I've found some new stuff I didn't realise that existed OTL and so I'm working it into my Argentine equipment.
All this stuff is available for export too.

9mm HAFDASA C-4 (9mm M41/HA): developed by Argentine firm HAFDASA derived from the HAFDASA 'Ballester-Rigaud C1' model rifle, which was based on the famous Beretta Model 1918/30 sub-machinegun that was used by the police of the capital. The Criolla ("Native") C-2 was originally designed for crews of armoured vehicles in 1938 and was the first production model with a folding stock. The C-4 is based on the C-2 design, and is chambered in 9mm and .45 calibres. It has an aluminium lower receiver and is fed from a wide box magazine (50 rounds for 9x19mm Parabellum rounds and 40 rounds in .45 ACP) which uses two internal double-stack columns. A feed selector to controls which column to feed from and placing the feed selector in its central position prevents the weapon from firing. Its magazine insert has a dust cover that folds open forward to form a grip shrouding the front of the magazines. The C-4 is available with a fixed wooden stock, folding metal stock (C-4P for paratroopers), full rifle stock (as the Z-4) and also comes as a machine pistol which predates and even outperforms many modern submachine guns in performance. The body is built out of forged aluminium and is painted in green, black, or brown. As with all the weapons manufactured by HAFDASA, the C4 is a practically unbreakable and strong weapon, though quite heavy

Halcón M-1943 is a submachine gun of Argentine origin and is chambered in both 9x19mm Parabellum for the Army and .45 ACP for Police Forces. This weapon is comparable in quality and performance with the Thompson submachine gun. The Halcón M-1943 has a fixed stock protruding from its grip section. It weighs 4.75kg, is 850mm long, the rate of fire is 700rpm with an effective range of 200m. It uses 30/36/40 round box magazines.
The later Halcón M-1946 came with an under-folding stock.

Pistols
Types in service vary, many officers buy their own favoured weapon but standard issue pistols are the Smith & Wesson M1917 (some 20,000 being brought since 1921) and the Pistola Colt Modelo 1927 (a licensed copy of the Colt M1911A1). Aircrews receive the Browning modele 1910 automatic.

Ballester-Molina (.45 M38/BM): The Ballester-Molina was designed and built by the Argentine company Hispano Argentina Fábrica de Automotores SA (HAFDASA). The Ballester was designed to offer the Argentine police and military a less-expensive alternative to the Pistola Colt Modelo 1927, which was itself a licensed copy of the Colt M1911A1 (and was built under the supervison of Colt engineers). Production of the Ballester-Molina began in 1938. As the Ballester-Molina was designed to serve alongside the M1927 it bears a striking resemblance to the Colt M1911A1. The Ballester-Molina and the M1911 share an identical 7-round magazine, barrel, recoil spring, and barrel bushing. Although many other parts appear identical at first glance, they are not. Many parts are adaptable, however. The locking system is a near identical copy to the Colt M1911A1, with the swinging lock that is used to unlock the barrel from the slide. The trigger is single action, two stage, but pivots rather than slides like the 1911 trigger. The hammer is locked by the frame-mounted manual safety, and there is no grip safety. Overall quality is excellent. Weight is 1,130g unloaded and length is 127mm.

Criolla (.22 M40/HA): The Criolla is a .22LR calibre semi-automatic pistol manufactured by HAFDASA. The weapon is intended for training purposes and can deflect cartridge ejection either left or right side simply by rotating the bolt around. It has a ten round box magazine. The Criolla pistol is also sold as the Zonda C22 on the civil market

Wednesday, August 10th 2011, 4:24pm

Incidentally, the Ballester-Molina is acknowledged as one of the better-quality M1911 clones in the world, and I based FAMAE's license-built M1911 on it. Excellent, excellent sidearm, that.

On the other hand, the HAFDASA submachine guns look horribly hideous! :P

Wednesday, August 10th 2011, 5:02pm

Yeah but painted black, green or brown it might look a bit more snazzy.
Anyway being tough and indestructible is good enough for me, plus if the RSAA thinks my troops have proto-laser blasters then all the better!