You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, August 8th 2011, 5:16pm

Ground Attack Aircraft/Dive Bomber PZL-59 B

PZL-59 B (mod.1943/44)
Armed with two 12,7 mm MG in the nose, two 23 mm cannons in the wings and one 12,7 mm MG in the rear turret. Up to 750 Kg bomb load.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Monday, August 8th 2011, 7:46pm

PZL-59 R1 (mod. 1943/44)
radial engine variant (prototype)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Would be nice to hear some oppinions....

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Daidalos" (Aug 8th 2011, 7:53pm)

Tuesday, August 9th 2011, 4:34am

One concern I have in evaluating this and several of your other drawings, is the absence of doors for the landing gear. This makes it difficult to visualize the stance the aircraft would have on the ground.

Overall, this design, and others, seem to me to be very long in the nose and very long in the tail, which would seem to make visibility difficult on takeoff - particularly as some of the very deep air scoops/radiators would imply a rather long undercarriage leg.

Tuesday, August 9th 2011, 5:25pm

Due to the gull wings the doors for the main landins gear is not visible on this design. The tail wheel is fully retractable and is hidden in a slit in the rear fuselage.
Not sure about the length....my itention with this design was to create something between the Il-2/Ju-87. Both Planes have a length of more than 11 meters, my design is nly about 10 metres long... or do you think the fuselage is too slim in relation to its length so it looks like the plane is 'too' long?

Tuesday, August 9th 2011, 5:33pm

The slimness of the fuselage certain has an impact, particularly in the variant with the in-line engine. The amount of fuselage ahead of the engine and the elongated propeller arrangement emphasize that.

The same is true for the fighter designs posted elsewhere. The fuselage seems to have relatively little 'keel' area. It's esthetics more than anything else.