You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 6:05pm

Bloch MB.1050 Milan

Claveworks has provided me with this most excellent drawing of France's new Bloch MB.1050 Milan carrier fighter. I sought the feeling of "elegant but sturdy" in the design of the Milan; the sort of plane that will hold its own in a dogfight and then bring the boys home afterward. I think Bill captured that feeling perfectly.

Bask in its magnificence!

Image by Claveworks (click to see full detailed view).

[SIZE=1]Dear Bloch Milan buyers - look at the high quality your money has bought you.[/SIZE] :)

Thanks Bruce, Hood, and Hoo for your advice on the drawing. You folks helped make it look right.

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 6:34pm

wow...
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 7:43pm

A good-looking plane and an awesome drawing...

Quoted

... I mean a truly horrible looking plane!!! After all, it's French! Boo! Boo!!! *throws rotten eggs and tomatoes* :evil: :D

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 8:24pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
A good-looking plane and an awesome drawing...

Quoted

... I mean a truly horrible looking plane!!! After all, it's French! Boo! Boo!!! *throws rotten eggs and tomatoes* :evil: :D

Oi, you rascal! :P

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 9:44pm

Talk about extra incentive to get Ripon to get a hold of the design and pitch it to the Atlantean navy!

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 10:20pm

That thing is absolutely gorgeous.

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 10:24pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Sachmle

I know. Think how good it would look in Greek Navy colors! :D

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 12:44am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Quoted

Originally posted by Sachmle

I know. Think how good it would look in Greek Navy colors! :D

Yeah, there's just the little problem of ordering 100 Fairey Fireflies to overcome.

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 6:10am

Beautiful drawing and a very nice plane.

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 11:33am

That now looks 100% perfect and stunning! A real beautiful piece of work.

IMO the Firefly stil looks sleeker and meaner, you can't beat the graceful lines of a V-12. ;)

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 6:18pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood
That now looks 100% perfect and stunning! A real beautiful piece of work.

Thanks!

Quoted

IMO the Firefly stil looks sleeker and meaner, you can't beat the graceful lines of a V-12. ;)

There once was a time I would have agreed with you one hundred percent, but the more I study planes, the more I love a good radial-engined fighter. And while I adore the Firefly, I'm far too much of a realist to put an inline engine on a purpose-built carrier aircraft. The radial-engined fighter's just got all the advantages in carrier ops.

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 8:53am

I still think that the carrier version of the P-51D would have been one heck of a fighter.

Nice drawing, but the plane looks too long.

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 11:29am

Quoted

There once was a time I would have agreed with you one hundred percent, but the more I study planes, the more I love a good radial-engined fighter.

8o How can you say that!!!! You bounder!!! :P
I defy any man to photoshop a radial onto a Spitfire and call it pure beauty!

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 5:14pm

Quoted

Quoted

There once was a time I would have agreed with you one hundred percent, but the more I study planes, the more I love a good radial-engined fighter.

8o How can you say that!!!! You bounder!!! :P
I defy any man to photoshop a radial onto a Spitfire and call it pure beauty!

No - it has to be designed as a radial-engine fighter. But maybe I'll take you up on that bet someday. ;)