You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 5:24am

Been fun, but I'm done.

I have nothing to offer the sim any more and no real interest at all so I'm done. Don't really have much in the way of story advice to give to any future US player, though I do have production reports through 1941 pretty much done. Since my mother died last fall I've lost all interest in the sim and all its twists and turns and general shenanigans. All the emphasis on economics and other non-naval minutia just makes my eyes roll back and I start drooling like an idiot. Its just not fun anymore, so toodles!

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 5:30am

I'm sorry to hear that.

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 7:10am

I second that.

Good luck and safe journeys on were ever life takes you.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 7:13am

Is it possible to become the player for USA?

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 7:15am

Sorry to see you go Canis, don't be a stranger and may the 'bug' bite you again some day.

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 9:06am

Hi Canis,

i'm very sorry to hear that, but that's live. But you are right with your thoughts. The simualtion have taken a
dangerous path and it's sometimes hard to keep the eyes on it and didn't loose the interests, because modern thinking
has the upper hand, i.g. a multi-national force in Afghanistan ?( We are in the 40s !!!! But that's only my 2 cents .....

I wish you all the best for your live and hope to see you sometimes here again ....

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 12:58pm

Sorry to see you go but while you've been here you've made things quite interesting. Hope life treats you well my freind and don't be a stranger, drop by any time!

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 1:02pm

Very sorry to see you go, but if the sim no longer inspires, then it is better to depart. We will miss you.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 11:50pm

Good Fortune to you Canis.

I can sympathise with where your at. In my case, my interest has returned, but time to be fully involved hasn't.

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 12:01am

RE: Been fun, but I'm done.

Quoted

Originally posted by CanisD
All the emphasis on economics and other non-naval minutia just makes my eyes roll back and I start drooling like an idiot. Its just not fun anymore, so toodles!

Couldn't agree more.........

Sorry to see you go Canis.

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 12:26am

Sorry that you made that decision but if you think is the best for now I guess so be ti. Hope the best to you in he future.

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 11:21am

Sorry to see you go Canis.

I can see his point, are we getting too tied down by minute details?

There once was a time when we spent 90% of our time discussing ships and ship designs. We tend never to debate ship designs these days, perhaps becuase we've all gotten so used to SS these days and our experience level has risen so far over the years. Or perhaps because so many ships form coherent fleets and we've begun to ignore novel ideas or over engineered our ships.

Whatever the background cuases there is no doubt Canis is one of the fathers of this SIM and naval what-ifs in general. His Wolfshipyard site is still awesome to look at. I hope you continue to drop in and chat to us Canis. :)

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 2:17pm

Agree with Hood

And don't be a stranger!

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 7:21pm

It´s very sad news to hear you are leaving. All the best to you in the future. Please feel free to come back at any time.

Monday, July 25th 2011, 6:44am

Its quite a sad day for Wesworld, in more ways than one.