You are not logged in.

Monday, July 11th 2011, 4:07pm

Peruvian RfP II

The Peruvian Ministry of Defence is issuing the following requests for Proposals:

RfP 1941 Strategic Reconnaissance aircraft

Peru wishes to acquire a total of 16 Reconnaissance aircraft with a range of at least 1500 km available for delivery no later than 31/12 1941.

RfP 1941 Attack/Close support aircraft

Peru wishes to acquire 66 Attack/CAS aircraft for delivery no later than 31/12 1941. Proposals for both singlee and multi engined aircraft will be accepted

RfP 1941 Transport aircraft

Peru wishes to acquire 16 transport aircraft with a minimum range of 1500 km and a carrying capacity of 2000 kg for delivery no later than 31/12 1941

Monday, July 11th 2011, 5:17pm

Peruvian horizons are obviously widening. I find the requirement for a ‘strategic reconnaissance aircraft’ with a range of 1500 km most interesting; how much of the neighbor’s territory does Peru need to reconnoiter? These requests for proposals can be seen as most disturbing.

Monday, July 11th 2011, 5:22pm

I dont get your point its a request to replace the lost 2100 Km range He-70

Monday, July 11th 2011, 5:28pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
I dont get your point its a request to replace the lost 2100 Km range He-70

Your request for proposal was made without context. Had you indicated that you were seeking an aircraft to replace an existing item in the inventory it would have made the request less surprising.

I still find it curious that Peru would replace its strategic reconnaissance aircraft before its tactical reconnaissance aircraft, but that is merely my point of view; your mileage may vary.

Monday, July 11th 2011, 7:17pm

I don't see a problem with it; stragetic reconnaisance to those of us without SR-71's and spy planes, at least IMHO, generally means "Hey, that's funny; bunch of divisions moving across the border. Let's go check it out."

Latvia will not be submitting an option on the first two aircraft. I'll try to get what I might offer up later today.

Monday, July 11th 2011, 7:28pm

Quoted

Originally posted by TexanCowboy
I don't see a problem with it; stragetic reconnaisance to those of us without SR-71's and spy planes, at least IMHO, generally means "Hey, that's funny; bunch of divisions moving across the border. Let's go check it out."

Violating the air space of another nation can be considered an act of war. "Let's go check it out" might be a one-way ticket.

Monday, July 11th 2011, 7:35pm

Moving across the border implies they're already in your nation...

Monday, July 11th 2011, 7:41pm

Quoted

Originally posted by TexanCowboy
Moving across the border implies they're already in your nation...

No, it does not. Parse the sentence.

Quoted

bunch of divisions moving across the border

merely means that there are troops moving on one side of a border.

"A bunch of divisions crossing the border" would convey the meaning you might have meant.

Wednesday, July 13th 2011, 12:38am

RE: Peruvian RfP II

Quoted

The Peruvian Ministry of Defence is issuing the following requests for Proposals:

RfP 1941 Strategic Reconnaissance aircraft

Peru wishes to acquire a total of 16 Reconnaissance aircraft with a range of at least 1500 km available for delivery no later than 31/12 1941.

RfP 1941 Attack/Close support aircraft

Peru wishes to acquire 66 Attack/CAS aircraft for delivery no later than 31/12 1941. Proposals for both singlee and multi engined aircraft will be accepted

DAF Italia proposes it's EAGLE class aircraft for both requests

Quoted

RfP 1941 Transport aircraft

Peru wishes to acquire 16 transport aircraft with a minimum range of 1500 km and a carrying capacity of 2000 kg for delivery no later than 31/12 1941

DAF Iberia offers the Daedelus transport aircraft

Wednesday, July 13th 2011, 12:44am

Is it a clamdoor or loading ramp on the transport?

Wednesday, July 13th 2011, 1:16am

The RfP is now closed and the lucky winners will be contacted

Wednesday, July 13th 2011, 1:33am

Quoted

Is it a clamdoor or loading ramp on the transport?

It's a tambour style door, think of a roller shutter......