You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, July 6th 2011, 11:27pm

Peruvian RfP

I am helping ALVAMA with the Peruvian Air Force so i will be posting Requests for Proposals on his behalf.

The Peruvian Ministry of Defence is issuing the following requests for Proposals:

RfP 1941 Primary trainer.

Peru wishes to acquire a total of 40 primary trainers available for delivery no later than 31/12 1941.
Peru also requires a 30% offset deal

RfP 1941 Multi-engine trainer.

Peru wishes to acquire a total of 12 multi-engined trainers that are capable of both pilot and gunnery training available for delivery no later than 31/12 1941.

RfP 1941 Seaplane Trainer

Peru wishes to acquire a total of 12 floatplane/flyingboat trainers available for delivery no later than 31/12 1941.

RfP 1941 Single engined Floatplane

Peru wishes to acquire a total of 20 Single engined floatplanes for service abord its cruisers.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (Jul 6th 2011, 11:40pm)

Wednesday, July 6th 2011, 11:35pm

For clarification, since I had to look it up: Offset Agreements.

Thursday, July 7th 2011, 12:54am

RE: Peruvian RfP

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
I am helping ALVAMA with the Peruvian Air Force so i will be posting Requests for Proposals on his behalf.

The Peruvian Ministry of Defence is issuing the following requests for Proposals:

RfP 1941 Primary trainer.

Peru wishes to acquire a total of 40 primary trainers available for delivery no later than 31/12 1941.

SAI of Denmark an offer the KZ II.......

Quoted

RfP 1941 Multi-engine trainer.

Peru wishes to acquire a total of 12 multi-engined trainers that are capable of both pilot and gunnery training available for delivery no later than 31/12 1941.

SAI of Denmark an offer the KZ IV.......

ALthough not displayed at the recent Paris Airshow, a gunnery training capability is an optional extra.

Thursday, July 7th 2011, 3:44am

LAR will be offering the following aircraft.

RfP 1941 Primary trainer- LAR has decided to offer two aircraft, the LKOD-1 and the I-17. The LKOD-1 biplane serves as a trainer for the Aisargi, the "national guard" of Latvia, and has a low cost of only 15,000 lats each. Although the line is not used by the Latvian professional military, it remains in service as a popular civilian aircraft in Latvia, due to its reliability and low cost.

Quoted

[SIZE=3]LKOD KOD-1[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Specifications:[/SIZE]
Length: 23.90 feet
Wingspan: 26.90 feet
Height: 8.20 feet
Weight: 1,364 pounds empty; 1,936 pounds loaded
Engine: de Havilland Gipsy Major 4-cylinder in-line, 125 hp
Crew: 1-2

[SIZE=3]Performance:[/SIZE]
Max Speed: 93.5 MPH
Cruise radius: 218 miles
Operational Ceiling: 10,673 feet

[SIZE=3]Armament:[/SIZE]
- Banana Peels are available if needed by the crew.

Notes: The Latvian Aisargi currently operates 8 LKOD KOD-1s, They serve as basic trainers for the Aisargi, cost 15,000 lats a piece, and have been sold on the civilian market as single and double seated aircraft.

The second aircraft to be offered is that of the I-12 line, the I-17. The I-17 is a monoplane aircraft that is currently used as a spotter by the Latvian Air Force; however, plans to adopt it as a trainer to replace the I-12, it's orginal purpose, are being considered. The I-17 offers an enclosed cockpit and radio; allowing cadets to familarize themselves with these aspects before graduation to advanced combat equipment such as bombers and fighters.

Quoted

[SIZE=4]VEF I-17 Trainer[/SIZE]

Length: 26.9 ft
Wingspan: 32.2 ft
Height: 9.5 ft
Wing area: 206.7 sq ft
Weight: 1,740 lb empty, 2,540 lb max takeoff
Crew: 2
Powerplant:1x C4 Menasco Pirate air-cooled radical , 125 hp maximum

Speed: 143 mph
Cruising Speed: 117.5 mph
Ceiling: 19,356 ft
Range: 368 mi
Remarks:

- The installation of our bamboo dart thrower is almost complete, sir!

Notes: The I-17 was considered as an alternative to the LKOD KOD-2B for the role of army cooperation; however, it was rejected due to lower armament, loiter performance, and crew facilities.

For Peruvian RfP 1941 Multi-Engined Trainer, LAR will offer the JDA-10M. The JDA-10M is a two-engined utility aircraft that, although not designed specifically for the role of training, can fufill the role well. In addition to serving as a trainer, it can also serve as a light bomber, communications aircraft, and a light transport capable of carrying 4 passangers or troops with assosiated gear/luggage. The gunnery suit is fairly comprehensive, three .303'' guns fixed forward.

Quoted

[SIZE=4]VEF JDA-10M Utilty Aircraft[/SIZE]

Length: 29.5 ft
Wingspan: 40.7 ft
Height: 10.8 ft
Wing area: 258.3 sq ft
Weight: 3,705 lb empty, 6,170 lb max takeoff
Crew: 2
Powerplant: 2× Armstrong Siddeley Cheetah IX air-cooled radials , 350 hp maximum, 700 hp total

Speed: 217.5 mph
Cruising Speed: 174 mph
Ceiling: 22,309 ft
Range: 348 mi
Remarks: In place of armament, can carry 4 passangers

- 2 × 303'' machine guns in wings
- 1 x .303'' machine gun in nose
- 661 lb of bombs

Notes: The VEF JDA-10M, designed by John Akerman, is perhaps one of the most versatile aircraft in use by the Latvian Air Force. It serves as a light passanger transport, as well as a communications aircraft, a light bomber, and a training aircraft. An unarmed version of this aircraft is also available on the civilian market.

If selected, however, LAR will only engage in offsets that are independently negtioated, not the mandated 30% ones. LAR will not sign a contract with non-negtioated mandatory offsets.

LAR and Cukurs feature a variety of other aircraft to suit Peru's needs; request a catalog today from the Latvian consul in Lima, or from the air force officer on duty at the embassy in Buenos Aries!

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "TexanCowboy" (Jul 7th 2011, 4:42am)

Thursday, July 7th 2011, 4:11am

After some consideration, France absolutely declines to participate in any RfP involving mandatory offsets. Further, as a motion of continued solidarity with FAR allies, France does not intend to reevaluate their 1937 decision for an arms embargo of Peru at this present time. The French government calls on friendly governments to likewise refrain from participating in deals with buyer-mandated offsets.

The Bulgarian government likewise refuses to participate in buyer-mandated offsets.

Thursday, July 7th 2011, 4:36am

Policy Statement by the German Government

The German Government looks upon mandatory offset agreements imposed by a buyer as forms of protectionism and harmful transgressions of the free market. Such mandatory offsets are by their very nature inefficient. The German Government hopes that firms engaged in the sale or purchase of commodities and manufactures will not engage in such behavior, however the decision whether to engage in offsets resides with the companies involved.

No agency of the German Government shall encourage, enter directly into, or commit German firms to any mandatory offset arrangement in connection with the sale of defense goods or services for foreign governments.

Thursday, July 7th 2011, 6:28am

While Canada has no official government postion on the matter, and manufacturers have several planes to offer, the unpredented demand for subsidized offests at the expense of Canadian industry is not a matter which the government, or the individual manufacturers wish to be a party of.

Thursday, July 7th 2011, 12:01pm

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc
While Canada has no official government postion on the matter, and manufacturers have several planes to offer, the unpredented demand for subsidized offests at the expense of Canadian industry is not a matter which the government, or the individual manufacturers wish to be a party of.

Totally OOC, what do you mean by subsidized offests?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (Jul 7th 2011, 12:06pm)

Thursday, July 7th 2011, 9:58pm

Great Britain too refrains from offering any products due to the mandatory offsets required. The Government shall not comit British firms to any mandatory offset arrangement in connection with the sale of armaments or services for foreign governments.

OOC: I can see that Peru hopes to get a kick-start but really I doubt they have the industry to absorb any local production agreements and generally its a difficult concept to pin down SIM wise. How we could qauntify 30% I'm not sure without working out the value of the orders. Most the requirements are basic string and wood types and I'm sure Peru could just easier buy off the shelf what it wants or enter into an agreement with a company directly.

Has Peru got much aeronautical industry worthy of investment by the big firms of Europe and N America?

Thursday, July 7th 2011, 10:01pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood
Has Peru got much aeronautical industry worthy of investment by the big firms of Europe and N America?

*looks left, looks right, laughs nervously* Not after Chile flattened it in 1937... it could have been rebuilt but it wasn't.

Thursday, July 7th 2011, 10:05pm

Quoted

Totally OOC, what do you mean by subsidized offests?

As I interpret offsets, you want to subsidize the development of your aircraft industry (or at least, parts manufacturers in that field) at the expense of said production happening in the seller's industry.

Thursday, July 7th 2011, 10:07pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood
Great Britain too refrains from offering any products due to the mandatory offsets required. The Government shall not comit British firms to any mandatory offset arrangement in connection with the sale of armaments or services for foreign governments.

OOC:

Just curious where does it state that the offset agreement has to be in the form of direct investments in the aircraft industry.

For people that have declared this and that as economic impossibilities in WW I am very surprised that the concept of offset deals are beyond their grasp. I suggest you read the link brock posted.

Thursday, July 7th 2011, 10:14pm

Quoted

Just curious where does it state that the offset agreement has to be in the form of direct investments in the aircraft industry.

For people that have declared this and that as economic impossibilities in WW I am very surprised that the concept of offset deals are beyond their grasp. I suggest you read the link brock posted.

OOC: I think that the problem is that Peru is demanding an offset up front, rather than negotiating with the seller. I suspect that Hood has read the link in question and fully understands it. A far more flexible course would have beeen to negotiate potential offsets after making a selection.

Thursday, July 7th 2011, 10:14pm

Quoted

Yes, because disagreement of the concept = ignorance of the concept? :rolleyes:

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Friday, July 8th 2011, 12:25am

Both the Dutch and Belgian companies are perfectly happy to sell planes. However, neither have interest in the mandatory offset.

Friday, July 8th 2011, 2:58am

The Danish SAI company has by default been awarded the Primary and Multiengine traner contracts.

The other requests for proposals have been closed as no bids have been recived.

Saturday, July 9th 2011, 11:29pm

A further 20 Kz.II & 8 Kz.IV have been ordered

Sunday, July 10th 2011, 12:03am

Adofph Rohrbach's office.......

"Helga, can you get me Viggo Kramme at SAI on the telephone please?" Adolph said into the intercom.
"Certainly Sir" came the thinny reply.
"Still not sure about that thing" Adolph thought to himself....

"Herr Kramme on the line for you Sir" the thinny Helga announced via the intercom.
"Thank You" he replied as he reached for the phone.

"Viggo, Adolph here. Could I interest you in a proposition?"

Sunday, July 10th 2011, 12:51am

Letter to the Peruvian Minister of Defence

Dear Sir,

With reference to your nations recent order and expansion thereof, I wish to offer the following proposal.

On behalf of Dansk Aircraft Fabriken and ourselves, We propose to build a joint Aircraft Manufacturing facility in Peru
The combined orders you have placed with our two companies make this a viable opportunity for all parties concerned.

If this proposal interests your government, we are prepared to sign contracts at your rconvienence.

On behalf of S.A.I.
Viggo Kramme

Sunday, July 10th 2011, 12:55am

Aha, so Peru gets a local aircraft constructor again. In Lima, I presume? What'll it be named?