You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, June 17th 2011, 5:08pm

Indian Army OOB

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
1st Armored Division: TOE December 1943

The 1940-41 Bharat General Staff Organizational Board presented recommendations to the General Staff in October 1941. Their recommendations included the lessons learned so far during the period from the intelligence obtained from the League’s activity in Afghanistan in addition to reports of changes in European land forces organizational orders of battle. One of their recommendations was for the creation of an Armored Division capable of “Task Force” operations. Basically, the different elements of the Division could be detached and plug together for action as situations dictate. Contrary to the two Mechanized units in service at the time the tank would be the main weapon of the unit, with the infantry complement reduced to a two battalion mechanized infantry regiment while the tank element was increased to six battalions instead to the three present in the Mechanized units. Also the tank element was composed of the Argun C tank with no infantry support Argun B’s being present in the TO&E.

The unit is composed of six tank battalions, a two battalion mechanized infantry regiment, an armored car battalion, a heavy weapons battalion composed of three AA companies and three AT companies, a heavy AT company, three artillery battalions, a combat engineer battalion, a signal battalion composed of three companies and support elements.

Please wait until AFTER I've finished writing the Afghan Campaign before you go copycatting me. There will be an official report from the LONAFF to the League, and you would be well-advised to wait to respond to it in-character before trying to learn and adopt lessons from it. X(

Friday, June 17th 2011, 5:17pm

Well the lessons so far are the power of the aircraft as a combat equalizer in combat between a smaller modern force vs a larger infantry based force and the obvious advantages of task forces. If you look at previous posts ad-hoc task forces were utilized by Bharat against Baluchi and Persian forces in 1938 and 1939. The actions of the League so far validate the previous actions of Indian commanders on the field.

And you know everything have a price in the region, especially information. But the post is removed.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Jun 17th 2011, 5:24pm)

Friday, June 17th 2011, 5:27pm

Thanks. It just is a bit irritating to be told what you plan to learn from my story when the most relevant parts of that story aren't even written yet.

As I said, as part of my wrap-up in 1941, I'm going to write a more formal report based on what the LON commanders think they've learned.

Friday, June 17th 2011, 5:41pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Thanks. It just is a bit irritating to be told what you plan to learn from my story when the most relevant parts of that story aren't even written yet.

As I said, as part of my wrap-up in 1941, I'm going to write a more formal report based on what the LON commanders think they've learned.

My fault. What the Board knows at the time was what I mentioned on the previous posting. Is obvious aircrafts are kicking butt at this juncture in addition the action so-far (late 1940, when the Board initially meets) is validating previous ad-hoc decisions by Indian field commanders in regard to Task Forces.

But I know they are even more lessons that the Indians are not aware off and would not be included in the decisions of the Board. All they got is from observers on the field (unofficial of course) that are basically getting second-hand reports. So in reality they are not learning anything in regard to doctrine and any additional doctrinal lessons would have to wait until the official League report.