You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, May 26th 2011, 3:00am

High Altitude Interceptor

RKMF-98 A-0 (Mod. 1945)

-fuselage is largely based on my last design. What do you think?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thursday, May 26th 2011, 3:08am

First, the engine exhaust pipes imply the engine is extremely long.

Second, I just don't like the propeller spinner: it's about three times longer than it ought to be.

Thursday, May 26th 2011, 3:19am

You are right but the engine is intended to be relatively big (high performance 2500 Hp +).

The spinner is longer than normal because there needs to be place for two contra-rotating propellers, I know it doesnt really emerges from the drawing....

Thursday, May 26th 2011, 3:28am

Quoted

Originally posted by Daidalos
You are right but the engine is intended to be relatively big (high performance 2500 Hp +).

Big, maybe. But if the engine is actually that long - a third of the plane's length - then the plane will be unlandable intact. Gear down, wheels down, wheels touch down... nose digs a furrow in the landing field.

Quoted

Originally posted by Daidalos
The spinner is longer than normal because there needs to be place for two contra-rotating propellers, I know it doesnt really emerges from the drawing....

In that case, I'd suggest going to research some pictures of contra-rotating propellers and trying to copy them more closely - this does not look like a workable system.

Thursday, May 26th 2011, 3:40am

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

How about this? It is now almost similar to the seafang nose....

Thursday, May 26th 2011, 4:52am

That's greatly improved, indeed. The engine as well.