You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, June 15th 2011, 6:13pm

It was Newark. Probably close enough to the Brooklyn accent. Still wasn't as bad as the deep south Alabama accent.

Mosquitos still aren't as bad as the black flies; those things swarm, and nothing, not even mosquito netting, stops them...

Wednesday, June 15th 2011, 6:21pm

Quoted

Originally posted by TexanCowboy
It was Newark. Probably close enough to the Brooklyn accent. Still wasn't as bad as the deep south Alabama accent.

Newark! You are lucky that you heard English.

Wednesday, June 15th 2011, 11:35pm

Newark? You're lucky you didn't hear gunshots.

Thursday, June 16th 2011, 5:09pm

Mosquitos aren't too bad in the cities. It's a completely different story when you're hiking in the middle of nowhere, but that would be true of other pesky insects as well.

168 hours from now, I will be in Paris. From June 23 until July 4. I'll be at the Paris Airshow on June 24 and at the Japan Expo/Comic Con France on June 30-July 3. I have a feeling I will be taking a lot of photos during that period. :) If all goes well, I should have normal access in the evenings with my laptop, otherwise I will have limited access with my PSP.

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 5:47am

Back in the USA...

In Central America mosquitoes will get you despite 100% DEET...

Got a ton of ship pics, mainly container ships and cruise ships. Did get a couple of US coast guards and some smaller patrol vessels.

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 5:52am

Welcome back!

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 6:43am

Foxy, we proved that black flies eat DEET up in main, literally...

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 9:20am

Hi Foxy, good you are back !!!!

Wednesday, June 22nd 2011, 5:43pm

I shall be out from this afternoon to sometime late (probably extremely late) on Monday.

I will make attempts to reply to PMs when I have free time but I'll likely have little of that. :P

Wednesday, June 22nd 2011, 10:07pm

Should it apply to your few days out, enjoy your trip, Brock. If it doesn't, ignore that remark. :)

I had some troubles in December in Paris with the Blue Screen of Death when I tried to connect to the wireless of the hotel. Looked it up on the internet, made a minor change and it looks like it's working so I should have normal internet access during my stay in Paris (unless something else ruins the connection). I will see if I can upload a few pics once I get back from the Airshow on Friday.

Friday, June 24th 2011, 4:48am

Have fun, gents.

Im going to go on a little road trip myself, Edmonton and Calgary to be precise. My opposite female relations are dragging their dear brother shopping for some obscure reason, and baby brother wants to poke around junkyards looking for old car parts. Ah, the things we do for family. :D

Saturday, June 25th 2011, 10:52pm

okay... somehow my laptop doesn't want to connect to the hotel's wifi point so my humble PSP is the only way to connect at the moment... :(

Tuesday, June 28th 2011, 10:06pm

I returneth.

Drove 850mi / 1,368km yesterday all in one go; took about fifteen hours including a stop for pancakes. The second thing my coworkers said when I got to work this morning (after "Welcome back") was "We need you to drive these out to the west side of the state..." (125mi / 200km one way). Oy gevalt!

But I had a great time with Lady L and her family. Made all that driving worthwhile... :D

Tuesday, June 28th 2011, 10:10pm

Glad to have you back safe and sound!

Tuesday, June 28th 2011, 10:30pm

Thanks!

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Tuesday, June 28th 2011, 11:35pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
I returneth.

I got back from trip #1 at 7pm on the 19th. I had to go to work for ~45min to prep for the morning, got to bed at 1:20am on the 20th.

Went back to work at 7am, got home 11:30am, left town on trip #2 at ~1:15pm, got back Saturday ~7pm. Rather behind right now.

Tuesday, June 28th 2011, 11:44pm

Sounds like you were run ragged, Kirk!

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Wednesday, June 29th 2011, 2:31am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Sounds like you were run ragged, Kirk!

Yeah, too much and too little time.
Worst was Sunday the 19th started at 3:45AM PST in NYC, ended at 1:20am PST the next day, got 4hrs sleep and back at it.

Slept in this past Sunday, still a bit run down. We get the 1st and the 4th off, so 4 day weekend to look forward to.

Monday, August 8th 2011, 3:29pm

Gone for a bit more than a months well myself. Currently with the Family in Canada (Edmonton, AB). I should have no real problems with access here until I go into the mountains, though I am not 100% sure about the connectivity during my trip to Tucson next coming weekend/next week but we'll see. :)

Monday, August 22nd 2011, 6:38pm

I will be heading to the mountains today. Will get back in early September.