You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, March 31st 2011, 8:08pm

Canadian Utility Vehicles

[Pending]

Thursday, March 31st 2011, 8:17pm

Fox Armoured Car:

This is the Guy Wheeled Tank built by General Motors Canada, Guy will build the first 25 bodies and GM Canada will build the balance of the 100 currently on order. The chassis is a GM truck chassis and a 104hp GM 6-cylinder diesel is fitted for a speed of 44mph and a range of 210 miles. The turret is also unchanged but the armament is now one 0.50in Browning and one .30in Browning. The armour is 15-4mm thick and weight has increased to 7.37 tons.

Thursday, March 31st 2011, 8:17pm

Lynx Scout Car:
Ford Canada are currently developing this scout car based on the British Daimler but some 1ft 8ins longer and 2,240lbs heavier and powered with a 95hp Ford V-8 engine. Maximum speed will be 57mph and range 200 miles. Armour will be 30-4mm thick and the armament is a .30in Browning MG. Around 150 are on order.

Thursday, March 31st 2011, 8:18pm

Otter Scout Car:
Under development by General Motors Canada, this 4.8 ton three-man scout car will have four-wheel drive, 104hp GM Canada engine, a turret with twin .30in Browning MGs and a Boys anti-tank rifle in the hull and two smoke mortars. An order for 70 has been placed. A mortar carrier with a 2in mortar is also under development.

Thursday, March 31st 2011, 8:18pm

GMCan Armoured Truck:
This is a basic carrier based on a GM Canada 4x4 truck chassis; it is 15ft 7ins long, 7ft 6ins wide and 7ft 5ins high. The driver’s position is raised and the body is covered in 8-4mm thick armour plating. One LMG can be fitted. A similar vehicle is used as an armoured ambulance. Around 100 Armoured Trucks are now in service.

Thursday, March 31st 2011, 8:20pm

Universal Carrier series:
The British Carrier series is built under licence by Ford Canada as the Windsor in the following variants:
Windsor Machine Gun Carrier No.1C Mk I: This 3.15ton tracked vehicle has a crew of three and is armed with a dismountable .50in Browning. It has 10mm thick armour.
Windsor Mortar Carrier No.1C Mk I with a 3in mortar and sixteen rounds of ammunition
Windsor Mortar Carrier No.1C Mk II with a 2in mortar and thirty-six rounds of ammunition
Windsor 2pdr Carrier No.1C Mk I with a 2pdr anti-tank gun mounted on the main transverse beam and twenty-six rounds of ammunition
Windsor AA Carrier No.1C Mk I with a twin .30in Browning MG mounting
Windsor Carrier No.1C Mk I armed with one .30in Browning MG and carrying six infantry men plus radio
Windsor OP Carrier No.1C Mk I with radio equipment, cable drums
Windsor Tractor Carrier No.1C Mk I equipped for towing anti-tank guns with 12 rounds of ammunition and space to carry gun crew