You are not logged in.

Saturday, February 26th 2011, 11:30pm

Danziger Flugzeugbau

Who in the tarnation is Danziger Flugzeugbau, and why are they supplying sixty airplanes to Persia?

Saturday, February 26th 2011, 11:33pm

Danzinger Flugzeugbau is one of those independent companies that Vuk runs, usually based in a NPC nation. I'm guessing he forgot that Danzing is part of Poland in WW, and I'm sure it could just as easily based in Coldmere, or Hungary, or Nepal, or some other neutral nation.

Saturday, February 26th 2011, 11:35pm

Actually I used it when I ran Persia the DFB Sa-100 is posted in the aviation design subforum. When I asked about Danzig I was told that it was a Free City.

http://wesworld.jk-clan.de/thread.php?threadid=6459&sid=

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (Feb 26th 2011, 11:36pm)

Saturday, February 26th 2011, 11:36pm

Saturday, February 26th 2011, 11:38pm

Quoted

Originally posted by TexanCowboy
Danzinger Flugzeugbau is one of those independent companies that Vuk runs, usually based in a NPC nation. I'm guessing he forgot that Danzing is part of Poland in WW, and I'm sure it could just as easily based in Coldmere, or Hungary, or Nepal, or some other neutral nation.

Due to the debacle with Howard, I really don't think it's a good idea to have companies in NPC nations not operated by NPCs. It's current precedent at the moment that if people want to deal with NPCs, they should contact an admin to approve or decline, as we've had several issues where one player says an NPC does one thing, and one player says they do something different.

Saturday, February 26th 2011, 11:55pm

Looking at that thread from 2 years ago, none of the mods objected back then when that order was placed. BTW, if I am not mistaken, this was about the same time as the debacle with Howard.

Sunday, February 27th 2011, 12:03am

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
Looking at that thread from 2 years ago, none of the mods objected back then when that order was placed. BTW, if I am not mistaken, this was about the same time as the debacle with Howard.

Frankly, I don't ever remember it coming up, which is the entire reason why I just asked.

Whether Danzig is a free city or not - evidence suggests not - then it would appear to be under the Polish player's control, and therefore not be an NPC. If it was an NPC, then a buyer needs to inform one of the admins to answer for them.

Sunday, February 27th 2011, 12:31am

Fixed the problem. Bharati Awali Brothers built 60 seaplanes for Persia between 1940 and 1941.

Sunday, February 27th 2011, 12:31am

As the former Polish player, who played when this came up, in retrospect perhaps I should have asked about this. However, if I recall correctly at the time of that posting I was in the process of moving across the country, so I likely just let it slide once I got back on. As for whether or not Danzig is a Free City, when I ran Poland I operated under the assumption that it is, seeing that as the safer alternative. Personally though, I can't see Poland setting up an independent company just for recon and ASW if Danzig was in Polish hands a branch of PZL perhaps but they do already have LWS. And if its a Free City there would likely be too small a market to make such a company sustainable.

Sunday, February 27th 2011, 12:39am

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
Fixed the problem. Bharati Awali Brothers built 60 seaplanes for Persia between 1940 and 1941.

Change it in this part as well

4 Patrol Squadrons (12+3 aircraft)
Danziger Flugzeugbau SA-100