You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, May 15th 2003, 12:33pm

Saved Thread - Madrid Evening Herald

LordArpad
Spammer wanna be
(5/3/03 7:24:54 pm)
Reply Madrid Evening Herald
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Foreign ministry spokeman removed from office

the spokeman who earlier today realsed a statement to condemn the Australian Aircraft carrier buildup and threatened to leave the treaty has been removed formthe ministry and is on a ship to the Easter Islands says the Forwign Minister, who also apologized to all treaty nations for the incompetence of "a man who a) could not read and b) had no authority to makethis proclamation"

[player: oops, sorry folks]

Pengolodh
Spammer wanna be
(5/3/03 8:35:23 pm)
ezSupporter
Re: Madrid Evening Herald
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Easter Islands? Or do you mean Easter Island - that little Pacific island belonging to Chile? What is the status of Chile? We still do have the ABC-powers in play, I hope?
Best regards
Pengolodh
"Iraq will not be defeated. Iraq has now already achieved victory - apart from some technicalities."
- Mohsen Khalil, Iraqi Ambassador to the Arab League

LordArpad
Spammer wanna be
(5/3/03 8:45:14 pm)
Reply Re: Madrid Evening Herald
I'd say so. the guy will run the local consulate ;-)

cheers

Bernhard

Pengolodh
Spammer wanna be
(5/3/03 8:47:41 pm)
ezSupporter
You had me worried there for a moment - you see, to be able to get remotely enough infrastructure-points compared to my treaty-allowance, I had to include the construction of two dreadnoughts for Chile - was worried that my customer after all was not there.
Best regards
Pengolodh
"Iraq will not be defeated. Iraq has now already achieved victory - apart from some technicalities."

TheCSANavy
Spammer wanna be
(5/4/03 2:56:39 am)
Both Chiles BB World War 1 Built and of course in British Yards.......( French for there Pre- WW1 BB),

Captian Prat ( 1890-French Built Stricken in 1930)
Almirante Latorre ( 1915-Dreadnought british Built) Sister Ship convereted into AirCraft Carrier which Chile Request back but wanted it as a BB again this was not accepted by the british and this never happened.

( Note if Anyone wants to give me a ABC power I am willing to play it....if you notice I am learning......and I promise not to drive the country into the ground)

King of Riva
So you want to be a spammer
(5/4/03 8:29:23 am)
You´re not correct. Chiles BBs were build in Nordmark in this alternate world. It was written somewhere - most likely the infrastructure board.

As for Chile.... It may be the best chance for you to join. I know, I wrote the SIM is closed just minutes before on the other thread but that was in respect of signatories to the treaty. _If_ there is any chance to join then you have to do so as a non-signatories (thus we don´t have to re-write the treaty and no new negotiations are possible) like Chile. If so, you have to take what is settled down so far -> ships as historical, just that the two BBs were build in Nordmark (if the technical specs differ from the historical BBs, ask Pengolodh). You will have only 10pts of military infrastructure and 10 factories (no capital units laid down and build in Chile).

You will hardly be able to build any more capitals but you may be able to build some coastal armor clads and cruisers.

Rooijen10
(5/4/03 9:17:44 am)

Quote:
You will have only 10pts of military infrastructure and 10 factories

Don't you mean 30 points infrastructure ?

"A country receives 10 pts per capital ship laid down (but not necessarily launched or completed) between 1-1-11 and 12-31-1920. Note that regardless of the number of capital ships in a navy, no country shall start with less than 30 pts of infrastructure. These points may be spent on slips, dry-docks or ports in any combination."

Walter

King of Riva
(5/4/03 10:31:11 am)
Reply No.
I meant what I wrote. Chile is not known for its ship building capacity after all and I will make sure a non-signatory and fifth rate navy is well behind India and Greece.

I´m not the moderator, I can´t decide it BUT best thing would be _not_ to allow a new player at all. I just got the impression some of you guys would like to see some of the small countries handled by a player. IF this is true and we allow those powers to be controlled by a player, then we have to take care their capabilities are strictly controlled and cutted down to an absolut minimum. Personally I think even 10 factories is too much. 5 would be more realistic but this wouldn´t even allow such a power to build some cruisers and slightly improve its infrastructure.

So...First choice: No new players. Second choice: Only unimportant small powers allowed with 10pts. and 10 or less factories.

Rooijen10
(5/4/03 10:38:47 am)
Reply Re: No.
I just mentioned that since the rules at the moment state 30 points...

Walter

LordArpad
Spammer wanna be
(5/4/03 1:59:02 pm)
Well, I for sure don't remember us saying that the SIM was closed to Treaty participants. I also notice that we have Brandenburg and the Philipines still in the treaty, so either one would be theoretically be possible. Mind you I would not be happy with Brandenburg since it isn't even on the map yet, but I would not have a prob with the philipines. CSANavy: this would mean a _lot_ of work in rather a short time, including a steep learning curve. You sure you're up for this? What do the others say?

cheers

Bernhard

Pengolodh
Spammer wanna be
(5/4/03 2:47:18 pm)
ezSupporter
I have edited my copy of the treaty, and have it off for proof-reading, but in it both the Philippines and Brandenburg have been edited away. It still retains the Netherlands, I think. We still have a significant number of active countries: Nordmark, Germany, Italy, France, Russia, Iberia, Greece, Atlantis, South Africa, Australia, India, and Japan - that is 12 countries between 10 players, as far as I can determine. I am skeptical towards admitting new players at this stage - wa want to keep some room to move around in without bumping into other player countries.
Best regards
Pengolodh

King of Riva
(5/4/03 2:54:52 pm)
Reply Exactly!
And the more I think of it: NO NEW PLAYERS!

thesmilingassassin
Spammer wanna be
(5/4/03 4:38:43 pm)
Reply I have to respectfully agree
We have more than enough country's now, and as someone said if we allow another in thats one more country we have to bump into when writeing our alternate history. Even if they were a small non-signatory they would still have to conform to some sort of limit. I would say wait till the next go around if there is one, and we will have learned alot more for the second time around.

King of Riva
(5/4/03 5:20:55 pm)
Reply Wisely spoken!
n/t

TheCSANavy
Spammer wanna be
(5/4/03 6:36:32 pm)
Reply Mixed thoughts on the Idea
First off History is history and you seem to be forgetting that 70+ countrys were around in the 20's not the 6 or so you are presenting for this sim.

Thats fine if I dont get a country I have all ready made a few contacts and I am learning more and more about what I love and that is navel tatics and of crouse old ships.

So I dont know who is King here but I am not hurting your game...I dont think Chile would affect any major player in a battle unless they were caught with there pants down.

Come on re-think your thoughts on this game, larger the player group the more interesting alliances you get and some crazy stuff can happen.

LordArpad
Spammer wanna be
(5/4/03 6:45:15 pm)
Reply Re: Mixed thoughts on the Idea
Sorry at this point I suggest you give it up. The majority of the players has spoken on the idea and is against it. You have a multitude of options:

1) go to the warships1 board and learn more about design there, while reading our sim - should be fun!

2) find a few players for your own alternate history sim after step 1

3) we might eventually run another sim and then all is open again

cheers

Bernhard

TheCSANavy
Spammer wanna be
(5/4/03 6:57:24 pm)
Reply Re: Mixed thoughts on the Idea
Umm I have little interest in starting my own...I dont know enough nor have the time with school. Theres a big difference between running a sim and playing in one...I have done both dont care to do the running again.

Umm...sure I will give it up I have said my 2 cents...anyways I will go back to just reading the posts now.

( Note- I just want a part in this game...I dont think I am going to get it but as you can see I am not pushing to change anything and all I want is a place on the member list so others are a bit more willing to help me learn. But most of you have spoken against this and I understand that which I dont have a problem with and this is the last time I will post about joinning the SIM I understand now to do so would cause more work for the admin, thank you. )

Edited by: TheCSANavy at: 5/4/03 8:57:11 pm