You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, February 17th 2011, 11:09pm

A Changing of Stewardship - A Changing of the Guard

To members of the Wesworld Community,

After some painful and very necessary reflection, I've come to the conclusion that the demands of the stewardship of France, and the state of my health are not compatable with the needs of Wesworld. France is not a minor nation by any standard, and requires it's steward to be energetic and continually ontop of things. With the momumental upheaval in my health over the last 3 years: type 1 diabetes, ulerative colitis, and the complications deriving from both conditions sufficient to put me into hospital at regular intervels, the demands on my time outside the game, have increased and my energy and creative outlays to it have been significately curtailed, to the detriment I think of the game.

To that end, I'm am with regret turning over the stewardship of France to another player. Brockpaine has agreed to take up the role of steward of France. I am confident, that France is in safe and thoroughly inventive hands, with Brock. and I trust he will enjoy the same level of support and consideration that I was extended by the members, during his tenure, as I was fortunate to recieve during mine.

I will continue in the stewardship of Lithuania, within it's smaller scope, I trust and hope to continue to add to the interest and fun of Wesworld. To everyone, I again wish to thank with deepest graditude for the kindness, friendship and interest I've recieved while being a member and director of the fate of two nations within the Wesworld community.

Yours Very Sincerely,

Agent148

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Agent148" (Feb 17th 2011, 11:15pm)

Thursday, February 17th 2011, 11:15pm

I'm low on time to comment at the moment, but I wanted to throw in my own two cents quickly. As I am already quite involved with several countries (Ireland, Bulgaria, Azerbaijan, Chile), I feel it is necessary for me to withdraw from some of them before taking up France. I will be making those announcements later after making necessary arrangements. In any case, I'm sad to see Agent step down and wish him a better recovery.

Friday, February 18th 2011, 1:06am

Health is always a priority. Get well Matt!

Friday, February 18th 2011, 1:38am

Absolutely

Get better. Glad to see you're continuing with Lithuania.

Your well-written and creative French news justified my decision to hand you France, and its great that we'll still be able to enjoy your creativity.

Friday, February 18th 2011, 3:47am

Get well. I agree you're a very gifted writer and you will be missed as the French player. At least you will be around.

Friday, February 18th 2011, 5:12am

Sad to see it happen. I hope you feel better.

Friday, February 18th 2011, 6:03am

For further explanation of the changes I intend to make:
- I have handed over control of Azerbaijan and Armenia, effective immediately, to AdmK. As Azerbaijan is currently not building ships due to the Caspian Sea Treaty, I foresee no immediate changes on this front.
- Bulgaria has several continuing payments remaining on some purchased warships. I plan to continue writing Bulgarian sim reports until those payments are completed in Q3/1941, and then make the country an NPC building infrastructure. Alternately, if an acceptable new player is willing to honor the standing payments, I am amenable to giving that player a full briefing and turning things over at that time.
- I will continue playing Ireland for the remainder of 1940 and 1941 at the very least, completing the Afghanistan Peacekeeping Mission as I've started. At that point, I may elect to discontinue playing Ireland (in which case, as a Commonwealth country, Hood & Co. shall be responsible for answering for it). It's a very easy and fun country to play, however, particularly as it has no entangling alliances, so I might continue playing that country if I'm not too swamped by other things.
- I do not intend at the present time to discontinue playing Chile. I've grown rather attached to this skinny little country, and I can't seem to pry my claws, er, fingers out of it.

As many of you are no doubt aware, I have posted most of the latest French sim reports, which I wrote for Agent. I am therefore already up to speed on all aspects of the French Navy, and I do not intend to make any changes whatsoever to the current construction plan, which he and I have worked up in detail.

With Agent's advice and input, I intend to write a "quick and dirty summary" of French news up to Q3/1940, although I intend to flesh out in much greater detail a number of issues that shall prove of interest. In this time period I do not intend to introduce any earth-shattering news, declarations of war on Fascist Empires/the moon, whiz-bang new aircraft, the cure for cancer, or the discovery of the fountain of youth. Sorry if that disappoints you. At the present time I do not wish to introduce "backdated" news that other nations may wish to make comment on in-character, or would influence major events in other countries attitudes.

I do not foresee any political changes of note in France, particularly in the field of international politics. As you are all aware, France is a founding member of FAR, a founding member of SEAR, and participant in a number of other treaties and agreements of note. I do not intend to make any political sea-changes at the present time. I will endeavor to write up a post detailing the general composition and outlook of the French government as of 1940. I have already PMed several people addressing immediately-pressing points of political interest which I want to clarify from the get-go; I intend to address other less-pressing matters later.

I am also compiling information on French industrial capabilities, and intend to write up an assessment/report of those capabilities at some point in the future. I may additionally copycat Bruce's "Notes from the German Perspective" to address my initial thoughts about where I am likely to take France in the future... though that will require a bit more pondering on my part to determine that fully for myself. :P

Viva la France!

Friday, February 18th 2011, 6:19am

Just want to wish Agent 148 all the best and that you get well soon.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Friday, February 18th 2011, 7:52am

Sorry to hear that Agent 148.
Your stories have always been good reading. I was interested in where you would take France.
So, I wish you better health.

I expect Brockpine will have fun with France. I do note that in his declarations of what he will not do i.e. "declarations of war on Fascist Empires/the moon," he did not mention declarations of war on peaceful neighboring powers that speak German. I wager 50 guilders on the Hun.

Friday, February 18th 2011, 8:23am

Health is the most important thing in life, so all my best wishes to you Matt.

And for Brock, have fun with the "frog legs eaters". ;)

Friday, February 18th 2011, 3:17pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk
I expect Brockpine will have fun with France. I do note that in his declarations of what he will not do i.e. "declarations of war on Fascist Empires/the moon," he did not mention declarations of war on peaceful neighboring powers that speak German. I wager 50 guilders on the Hun.

Well, I do intend to give Bruce some fierce French competition to his German economic investment blitzkrieg...

Quoted

Originally posted by parador
And for Brock, have fun with the "frog legs eaters". ;)

Thanks!

Saturday, February 19th 2011, 6:30pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Well, I do intend to give Bruce some fierce French competition to his German economic investment blitzkrieg...

France, unlike Germany, has the benefit of an extensive colonial empire from which to draw resources and serve as a captive market. Nevertheless, I am not unduly worried. Competition is a good thing; iron sharpens iron.

As it views France, Germany sees itself with more in common than with differences. The enlightened view of France on the reparations question is well remembered in Germany. France, like Britain, is faced with similar questions of security in the face of regional powers in the east. I think all nations see the continued peace and stability of Europe as being beneficial.

Saturday, February 19th 2011, 9:20pm

get well, like the others mentioned, I will miss your writing.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 5:56pm

Anything open for new people?

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 6:05pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Delta Force
Anything open for new people?

Yes, as a matter of fact. Bulgaria will become open soon, and Poland appears to be open right now. Why don't you start a new thread, introduce yourself, and let us get to know you a bit more?

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 7:53pm

Is there a backstory page somewhere? I have been forum lurking for a few weeks and haven't found anything except that Atlantis is a power in game. What's the status of Germany, Austria, Hungary, and the Turks? Did they have a historical breakup like after World War I?

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 7:57pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Delta Force
Is there a backstory page somewhere? I have been forum lurking for a few weeks and haven't found anything except that Atlantis is a power in game. What's the status of Germany, Austria, Hungary, and the Turks? Did they have a historical breakup like after World War I?

If you're looking for backstory, we've recently compiled this timeline of WWI and the Balkan Wars, which answers some of your questions.

Germany and Turkey are currently player countries; Austria is part of Germany. Hungary is an NPC (and landlocked besides).

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 7:59pm

Additionally, I should also mention that we have an IRC channel (instructions here) which you can use if you'd like to chat.

Wednesday, February 23rd 2011, 3:19pm

Any objections if I move the current posts in the French encyclopedia to an Archive folder and repost the data with summary pages etc, as I've done in the Chilean folder?

Wednesday, February 23rd 2011, 3:21pm

Make it so ;)