You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 11:45pm

Japanese Aircraft

I was just talking to Vuk about aircraft on IRC, and happened to go looking for something in the Japanese encyclopedia. While browsing, I discovered some interesting things...

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10

Experimental Nakajima jet plane

Maiden flight: mid/late 1940
Introduced: ?

Jets are under the +0 Rule, so it's much too early for this design to fly in Japan.

Quoted

Special Purpose Aircraft

Future:

Does Bruce know that Japan is purchasing Fw223s?

------

{Admin voice} In any case, Walter - you shouldn't post new aircraft designs direct to the encyclopedia by editing two-year old posts. If you introduce a new design, make a new post so people can at least know it's being posted.

Monday, February 7th 2011, 12:11am

The He178 first flew in 1939, the Japanese plane looks reasonable, and under the +0 rule.

that helo's nose is from the FA223, but the tail looks completely different.

Monday, February 7th 2011, 12:17am

...I see two German 1940s Rocket planes in that Jet's post as mid 30s projects, among other 'borrowed' projects that I suspect haven't gotten the original owner's approval.

Monday, February 7th 2011, 8:27pm

All this talk and yet you missed the giant robots with chainguns...

It's not worth taking all the entries in Japan's encyclopaedia seriously.

Monday, February 7th 2011, 8:52pm

[size=1][Edited to remove content of dubious wisdom -The Management] [/size]

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Desertfox" (Feb 7th 2011, 9:15pm)

Monday, February 7th 2011, 9:12pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral
All this talk and yet you missed the giant robots with chainguns...

It's not worth taking all the entries in Japan's encyclopaedia seriously.

That's kind of the purpose of the encyclopedias; to be taken seriously. Hence Brock starting this thread, I suppose.

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
Who's next?

Your incessant and unjustified claims of persecution and discrimination are, as always, uncalled for and unwelcome.

Consider this your final warning;

Monday, February 7th 2011, 9:47pm

.. I was going to reply, but I'm not going to bother with it now cause Shin's irritating attitude put me in a foul mood again and only garbage appeared on the screen when I tried to type something. X(

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, February 7th 2011, 9:54pm

I have no idea what was in the edited post but, honestly, I don´t care.

Would you guys please cool down? ALL of you?

..... I really can´t stand this bullshit anymore. >o(

Monday, February 7th 2011, 9:58pm

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
Would you guys please cool down? ALL of you?

..... I really can´t stand this bullshit anymore. >o(

Seconded. If this sort of business continues as it's been going, I don't want any more part of it.

Monday, February 7th 2011, 10:30pm

Might be fitting to post this what was part of a PM I sent to Wes around Christmas (and sent a copy of those PM to Brock earlier today):

Quoted

time and again we are bickering and have silly arguements about background stuff. We're losing our focus here. We seem to have forgotten why we started Wesworld in the first place. We're doing this for quite a few (7) years now. Do you want all that silliness cause Wesworld to crash and burn?

Monday, February 7th 2011, 10:33pm

Absolutely correct !!! Guys, it's a game ! So please cool down.

When I started here i had a lot of fun, but slowly the fun is gone. And that would be a shame !!

Tuesday, February 8th 2011, 12:40am

Thanks, Roo...I've honestly been starting to feel that way for quite a while now.

Tuesday, February 8th 2011, 1:55am

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
Who's next?

Your incessant and unjustified claims of persecution and discrimination are, as always, uncalled for and unwelcome.

Consider this your final warning;

Agreed.....

Tuesday, February 8th 2011, 2:01am

This my final warning? Yeap....

Tuesday, February 8th 2011, 2:03am

Yanno what the problem is, Mod's are not getting the level of respect that one would assume should be given to them, not treated as Mom or one's boss, but fellow players with the responcibility of keeping things civil and insuring players don't get out of hand.
Another problem i've noticed is that people look at comments made in various threads and instantly assume that the tone in the comments are intended to be hostile.

If I were a referee, I'm afraid I'd be quite busy dealing with all the bull$@&% going on right now and there are VERY few individuals in this post not guilty of some or all of the problems I've pointed out.

Tuesday, February 8th 2011, 2:28am

Quoted

Might be fitting to post this what was part of a PM I sent to Wes around Christmas (and sent a copy of those PM to Brock earlier today):

Quoted

time and again we are bickering and have silly arguements about background stuff. We're losing our focus here. We seem to have forgotten why we started Wesworld in the first place. We're doing this for quite a few (7) years now. Do you want all that silliness cause Wesworld to crash and burn?

Quoted

.. I was going to reply, but I'm not going to bother with it now cause Shin's irritating attitude put me in a foul mood again and only garbage appeared on the screen when I tried to type something. X(

I haven't seen anything harsh from Shin in this post.

Tuesday, February 8th 2011, 2:49am

Guys....

Listen this sort of thing does not make the game fun, or enjoyable to play. And I was under the assumption that this was supposed to be fun. I understand, everyone wants to get an edge on everyone else, its the competitive nature in us. But introducing jets is not an edge on everyone, its a giant leap forward. This happened with tanks, and now its happening with aircraft. Whats next, rockets in 42? Interballistic missiles in 1945? I understand this is a made up world, but to me it should have some sort of credibility to it, and functioning jets in service at this point of the game is to be honest fantasyland. So if you people want to play Fantasyworld thats your choice. Me, I quit if thats the choice of the other players seeing as reason and rationality have left the room.

Tuesday, February 8th 2011, 11:17pm

Not everyone has lost all reason Jason.
That's why Britain, who invented practical jet engines, haven't yet flown one but will do so on the correct day as laid down by the +0 rule.

Why can't folks discuss these planes before hiding them in an encloypedia someone might not read for a while? It's only fair to tell everyone your plans, then everyone can make up their own minds and then there are no accusations of power-playing etc. I'm sure Walter was only referring to an experimental jet and helicopter but had this been made clear from the start none of this would have happened.

Let's keep things civil guys. Those of us who want sane, fun will continue to enjoy it. There is a strong majority of reasoned and rational players in the sim, even though at times it seems the minority have the lion's share of the arguements.

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 12:42am

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood
Why can't folks discuss these planes before hiding them in an encloypedia someone might not read for a while? It's only fair to tell everyone your plans, then everyone can make up their own minds and then there are no accusations of power-playing etc. I'm sure Walter was only referring to an experimental jet and helicopter but had this been made clear from the start none of this would have happened.

A point I've made in private many times before....

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 2:13am

Nor do I think you have lost all reason either, James. However many times it seems in real life a minority spoils things for the majority, and that is what is essentially happening here. These "issues" that keep cropping up seem to be doing so with alarming frequency, and each time something like this happens well I feel whats the point of playing if people keep wanting to not just bend the rules both written and unwritten but to take them clear out of the ballpark? I will be honest and say so far as the game goes I feel I am just marking time really, I have not a whole lot of interest anymore, there seems to be too much drama in the game now.